Buyout packages ???

H. D. Hogman

Any idea who would make the call to let someone sign up for the SRI option and be allowed to grow into it until Dec. of 08. Would it be the Company the UAW or both.

Where do I fit in...I just turned 54 in late January.w/ 36 years...do I qualify for the buyout? Not as I read it have to be 55 with 10 or more years :banghead: ?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear any more about the possibilities of a grow in package for the Special Retirement Incentive. The rumor form KC was that they might let peeps work until Dec. 1, to qualify for the SRI. Just looking for anything more current.

I also heard that the company is going to send out DVD's with package information. I don't know when or ...

Haywired

Anyone hear any more about the possibilities of a grow in package for the Special Retirement Incentive. The rumor form KC was that they might let peeps work until Dec. 1, to qualify for the SRI. Just looking for anything more current.

I also heard that the company is going to send out DVD's with package information. I don't know when or ...

Haywired

Yes....I heard that they are going to allow the grow up to Dec. 1st!! Don't know about a DVD. I actually did hear something a while back, but haven't heard anything since...I will keep my ears open! good luck!

Where do I fit in...I just turned 54 in late January.w/ 36 years...do I qualify for the buyout? Not as I read it have to be 55 with 10 or more years :banghead: ?

Then you need to read the above copy of the buyout update better. You've already got 30 years in and can qualify for a money package.

Grow-In's are good til Nov. 30.

And yesterday they added the entrepreneurial package. Whatever the hell that is, I didn't hang around to listen to it. Not many stayed to hear about the packages this time. Almost everyone's mind was already made up, like people have already discussed til now.

Haywired

Hey I got the straight scoop on this one. Chucky Cheese was at our info meeting in Saline, along with 5 or 6 salaried personnel. The SER is open to anyone that will turn 50 years old BEFORE Dec. 1. That's a FACT.

Also, Chuck mentioned the possibility of people who lost time in the 80's, POSSIBLY getting up to 3 service credits depending on how much seniority they had when they were laid off in '79, '80, etc. He said that this was still be negotiated, but his general demeanor lead us to believe that it looked promising. I guess it's better than a kick in the head.

Does anyone have Chuck Browning's email address, or know how I could dig it up? I'd like to ask him a couple more questions. Please email me. Thanks.

ALSO, get this: Anyone who takes ANY of the buyouts is also allowed to RELOAD with JCI! No questions asked. AND, they keep their seniority. Boo-Yeah! That's not me, but it's a nice deal.

HDM

Edited by Hard-Drivin' Man

I hear that there is a new package coming out......Entrepreneurial Package......

50K plus current bennies for 5yrs or 50k and 7 yr basic PPO catastraphe insurance. This is for those with more than a yr and less than 25 or 28yrs(not sure). :shades:

Has anyone heard of this yet??

Edited by Captain723

I hear that there is a new package coming out......Entrepreneurial Package......

50K plus current bennies for 5yrs or 50k and 7 yr basic PPO catastraphe insurance. This is for those with more than a yr and less than 25 or 28yrs(not sure). :shades:

Yes, what you said is correct. I saw the paper on it this morning.

Sorry the dvd thing does not appear to be true. However some meetings will take place after the the open enrollment peroiod starts so its more important now that ever for the BON and UAW members to pick up the companies slack once again and inform the members of the true info in the packages.

Sorry the dvd thing does not appear to be true. However some meetings will take place after the the open enrollment peroiod starts so its more important now that ever for the BON and UAW members to pick up the companies slack once again and inform the members of the true info in the packages.

A better way would be for those interested to attend the informational meetings that they are having at each location!! :idea:

Here's a link to the article...

Courier-Journal Article

Here's a link to the article...

Courier-Journal Article

Don't tell PARIS the buyout offers are starting too get sweeter, she might get MAD. The healthcare benefits alone for up to seven years are very good. I have the time but not the age, I will give up healthcare but not my pension for 140K..I can switch to my husband healthcare.

Don't tell PARIS the buyout offers are starting too get sweeter, she might get MAD. The healthcare benefits alone for up to seven years are very good. I have the time but not the age, I will give up healthcare but not my pension for 140K..I can switch to my husband healthcare.

where have you been reading........140k?? are you a gm worker?

Well ba bab baa Boys it's been real,I'm out!I'm taking the bouyout and it's been fun.

going to sit at home, yell at the kids , wife and beat the dog...all while you get drunk everyday?? Drink at home so you don't get a DUI.....I know...I know....someone has to pay the light bill at the corner bar, but stay at home and drink!!

A better way would be for those interested to attend the informational meetings that they are having at each location!! :idea:

just wondering...at dtp they're opening the sign-ups on 2/19 however the informational meetings aren't till 2/26-27 isn't this ass backwards?......then again i guess not...this is the dtp.

just wondering...at dtp they're opening the sign-ups on 2/19 however the informational meetings aren't till 2/26-27 isn't this ass backwards?......then again i guess not...this is the dtp.

They are obviously too many plants to be at them all at once....everyone knows the packages.....you either want to take one or you don't!! B)

They are obviously too many plants to be at them all at once....everyone knows the packages.....you either want to take one or you don't!! B)

I will not know if there is a grow in period of Dec. 1 for the SRI package and its complete details until I can ask the questions at the meeting which will be the end of FEB. in my case, KOOOOL. That is why I am greatful for all the BON members and UAW brothers and Sisters who pass good info to the rest of us who will only have 2 weeks to decide. Ford will be Ford till the Bitter opps better end.

I will not know if there is a grow in period of Dec. 1 for the SRI package and its complete details until I can ask the questions at the meeting which will be the end of FEB. in my case, KOOOOL. That is why I am greatful for all the BON members and UAW brothers and Sisters who pass good info to the rest of us who will only have 2 weeks to decide. Ford will be Ford till the Bitter opps better end.

You will be able to grow in up till the end of nov30th!!