Buyout packages ???

H. D. Hogman

Hell man you have it all backwards. You see, the way it worked was/is, if you were a relative of either a salaried employee or UAW leader, you were offered a transfer back in the 80's. Some went to work for only 1 day and kept their 77 sen. Therefore they already have their sen back. The nepotism was a way of life then! It's the hardworking grunts with no inside help that was left out in the cold. It would still be that way if not for the internet and forums like this one to bring stuff like this to the forefront. :finger:
Bravo BigJoe !! That's it in a nutshell.....the "common Joe" got left out while the union "family" was taken care of.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't possibly be true, can it?. In other words, if you were lucky enough to be a relative of either a salaried employee or UAW leader, and therefore were able to continue working because you were a "classified" employee, then you would be rewarded with another TEN years seniority because of nepotism. This can't be true, can it?. What about all of the people who laid off with less than 12 months seniority, back in 1979?

Sorry, no TEN years for you. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Man, when these guys start drawing lines, it's something else!

Sounds like your the one drawing lines. First of all you go off half cocked about something that is "supposed", and immediately accept it as gospel and start screaming conspiracy theory and spewing poison. If anyone in the "I-Union" exists that was around when you were "allegedly" screwed nearly 30 years ago, I for one would be amazed.

You are better than that, and if you aren't.....you should be.

Shameful%20logo.jpg

Sounds like your the one drawing lines. First of all you go off half cocked about something that is "supposed", and immediately accept it as gospel and start screaming conspiracy theory and spewing poison. If anyone in the "I-Union" exists that was around when you were "allegedly" screwed nearly 30 years ago, I for one would be amazed.

You are better than that, and if you aren't.....you should be.

Shameful%20logo.jpg

First, there's no allegedly about it - I've lived it brother. And second, let's get this stuff out in the open right here and now. That's our best chance at a fair deal, from everyone's perspective.

"Born down in a dead mans town

The first kick I took was when I hit the ground

You end up like a dog thats been beat too much

Till you spend half your life just covering up"

- The Boss

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for my job with Ford, but I've been through too much and seen too much, to just sit here and take it without making sure that Ford and the UAW knows that they are being watched. Let's put our cards on the table. I'm not going to make it easy on anyone; Not when we've got the power of the pen. And I've done my due diligence. I've sat in the Plant Chairman's and Local President's offices on numerous occasions in order to ask questions or to get my point across. That's how you get answers, earn respect and keep everyone straight.

I'll pay my dues, and I'll play the game, and I'll give credit where credit is due, but I've seen too much to just EXPECT a fair deal.

Let's face it - You can't EXPECT perfection in an imperfect world. But, you can put your two cents in once in awhile, and maybe tip the scales in your favor.

"First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me."

- Pastor Martin Niemöller

"Boo-Yeah!"

- Fair Deal Joe

First, there's no allegedly about it - I've lived it brother. And second, let's get this stuff out in the open right here and now. That's our best chance at a fair deal, from everyone's perspective.

"Born down in a dead mans town

The first kick I took was when I hit the ground

You end up like a dog thats been beat too much

Till you spend half your life just covering up"

- The Boss

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for my job with Ford, but I've been through too much and seen too much, to just sit here and take it without making sure that Ford and the UAW knows that they are being watched. Let's put our cards on the table. I'm not going to make it easy on anyone; Not when we've got the power of the pen. And I've done my due diligence. I've sat in the Plant Chairman's and Local President's offices on numerous occasions in order to ask questions or to get my point across. That's how you get answers, earn respect and keep everyone straight.

I'll pay my dues, and I'll play the game, and I'll give credit where credit is due, but I've seen too much to just EXPECT a fair deal.

Let's face it - You can't EXPECT perfection in an imperfect world. But, you can put your two cents in once in awhile, and maybe tip the scales in your favor.

"First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me."

- Pastor Martin Niemöller

"Boo-Yeah!"

- Fair Deal Joe

I am not saying you should not question, or that you should not be cautious.

I just don't understand the accusatory tone pointed at the current I- Union about an event that happened 30 years ago by someone else. That is all I was saying bro. Peace.

"I've been dazed and confused for so long it's not true

I wanted a woman never bargained for you"

-Led Zeppelin "Dazed and Confused"

"Preach!"

-Twasn't Meah

I just don't understand the accusatory tone pointed at the current I- Union about an event that happened 30 years ago by someone else. That is all I was saying bro. Peace.

"Preach!"

-Twasn't Meah

Maybe the current IUAW could straighten this mess out that was made by the IUAW then.

"Preach!"

-Twasn't Meah

Cool Dude. I get a little worked-up sometimes. But, it will all be over soon - I'll be back on the line, holding transmissions up with one hand, and putting bolts in with the other. Ha, Ha, Ha...

Damn it! Why don't they just put me out of my misery.

Ahhh,... It's a great life! :hysterical: