To be a GM employee for a day....

Hellcat_F6F

I just saw on the news that GM is offering anyone with 10 YEARS or more seniority, $140k to leave. I guess GM employees are worth more than we are.

If Ford wants us out so damned bad, why don't they step up and make us a decent offer?

Maybe we should just wait around for the next round of Buyouts after these ones......might be more money!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should just wait around for the next round of Buyouts after these ones......might be more money!!!!!!!!!!

...........or maybe less and a move in your future.

Congrats to anyone who is able to retire with benefits and good luck for the rest of the people trying to get there.

Like someone told my dad at his former Sandusky plant $140,000 might cover one year's salary, but that's it. They are working their butts off right now so the buyout really isn't much.

Sandusky ACH sign up starting March 1st, out the door by April 1st.

I'm going to call NESC today to get some clarification on the wording of the exit dates. My understanding is that you could begin leaving April 1 , but be able to stay through the end of June -at the discretion of the company. The significance of that in my case is that I may get a year added to my retirement credits if I can stay until shutdown.

Just to throw something else out there , the Freep says GM employees can get less money but will be allowed to roll it over into a retirement account. I have a feeling that applies only to an amount not in excess of the annual contribution limit.Skilled trades are being offered 62,500 as opposed to 70,000 at Ford. Like I said , that's from Freep , not official.

Note: update at 11:03 A.M. : NESC says begin leaving April 1 -through June 30. Looks like some wiggle room depending on plant needs. For some reason I'm reluctant to sign up for Aprils Fools Day...

Edited by povertyknob

Like someone told my dad at his former Sandusky plant $140,000 might cover one year's salary, but that's it. They are working their butts off right now so the buyout really isn't much.

Sandusky ACH sign up starting March 1st, out the door by April 1st.

Sandusky Buyout Meetings This Friday The 15th. (see in plant postings)

Topic of discussions at the meetings = Buyout Packages as described on the available Buyout Sheets.

Buyout acceptance Window = Feb. 19th - March 18th.

Scheduled leave dates = April, May, and June.