CAP Chicago Plant Reporting today

jrboatin

YES we were told we will be going to one shift shortly after July shutdown.

NO INFO WAS GIVEN AT ALL!

Our great plant manager is now 2 for 2 on closing plants! WAY TO GO BIG GUY!!

They had all departments go up front (at different times) and he read from a paper and sent us on our way! Lasted about 5 minutes. It was so wierd!

We are now on a week layoff and then we will be laid off the week of 3/24.

Edited by CAPlineWORKER

Im glad i left the end of 06 , as far as im concerned TONY ( AKA ) the pimp was a MORON , i have never worked under a plant manager who was more out of touch with the line wokers than this CLOWN .31 years working under plant managers who knew what the hell going on , then i finish up with this idiot , I REALLY FEEL SADDENED FOR THE ONES LEFT THAT HAVE TO WORK FOR THIS GUY , I HOPE THINGS TURN AROUND SO YOU CAN GO BACK TO 2 SHIFTS SOON !!!

Between all the TPT's and new buyouts will any full time hourly jobs be cut? How many total jobs did they say would be lost going to one shift? Will you be doing tag relief on one shift?

we have 1685 seniority employees...plus a lil over 300 tpt's....they said nothing about how many jobs will be lost but i would just cut that 300 tpt's out and cut in half the 1685...and there is your day shift..now there wil be some inverse layoffs and such but my guess is that alot of senority employees on night shift will be laid off also...we have a little over 230 people with 28 years and over... with our highest senority person at 50 years..nature of the beast...sux but whats a person to do...im not taking a buyout and im gonna see what happens...

Our great plant manager is now 2 for 2 on closing plants! WAY TO BIG GUY!!

They had all departments go up front (at different times) and he read from a paper and sent us on our way! Lasted about 5 minutes. It was so wierd!

You guys are also getting another one of our "old school" bullies from Michigan Truck. Look for a bald-headed guy named Larry that's always smoking. Hourly or Salaried he'll screw you both.

Our great plant manager is now 2 for 2 on closing plants! WAY TO GO BIG GUY!!

Who is the plant manager at CAP?

The same guy that closed Atlanta.

I think Ford Mo. Co. has a team of dumb fucks that go around to manage plants too just close them down. I mean, we had good managers up until the last 4 or 5 years and then we get the smoke blowers in there that you dont see or hear of until the foot is firmly planted in your ass on the way out the door.

I think Ford Mo. Co. has a team of dumb fucks that go around to manage plants too just close them down. I mean, we had good managers up until the last 4 or 5 years and then we get the smoke blowers in there that you dont see or hear of until the foot is firmly planted in your ass on the way out the door.

What did you expect? Ford's new model is plants with a good number of people making $14 an hour and with that number going up yearly.

The cost of living is too high in Chicago for people to be able to live on $14 an hour. Ford need plants where people making $14 an hour can get by pretty well, Chicago is not one of those plants.

What did you expect? Ford's new model is plants with a good number of people making $14 an hour and with that number going up yearly.

The cost of living is too high in Chicago for people to be able to live on $14 an hour. Ford need plants where people making $14 an hour can get by pretty well, Chicago is not one of those plants.

I personally don't know anyone who lives in "Chicago" that works there. We all live in the outlying areas. Those TPT's we had making $14 an hour were grateful to be making that! If they were hiring they would have people wrapped around the building like the old days.

I personally don't know anyone who lives in "Chicago" that works there. We all live in the outlying areas. Those TPT's we had making $14 an hour were grateful to be making that! If they were hiring they would have people wrapped around the building like the old days.

When are you going to be grateful for $14/hr? After you lose your job? Where will the $14/hr people live? At home with mommy and daddy? With gas going up to $4/gal and more and no public transportation to the plant, will all these low wage employees have to carpool from the less expensive neighborhoods and boonies? There is no way that $14/16 an hour jobs can support an even lower middle class lifestyle in the Chicago Metro area!

When are you going to be grateful for $14/hr? After you lose your job? Where will the $14/hr people live? At home with mommy and daddy? With gas going up to $4/gal and more and no public transportation to the plant, will all these low wage employees have to carpool from the less expensive neighborhoods and boonies? There is no way that $14/16 an hour jobs can support an even lower middle class lifestyle in the Chicago Metro area!

Hey...when they are hiring people from Gary IN, Harvey and Dolton IL (people that admitted to not having a job for the last THREE YEARS!) they are grateful!

The plant manager is A. Hoskins from Atlanta! I thought you couldn't use names on this site!

Dale newiski was AAP last plant manager he came after the pimp left to go to chicago and he was a womanizer. Sorry to hear about losing a shift damn things are bad

Hey, Did you spell his last name wrong? If you did and its who I think it is he was the lean manager acting plant manager at NAP 3 years before they closed. Ultimately it was another dumb fuck named Joe Lee that really was the last plant manager who was also North American lean Captain for Ford. So if this Dale is at CAP... Your fucked :ohsnap:

Hey...when they are hiring people from Gary IN, Harvey and Dolton IL (people that admitted to not having a job for the last THREE YEARS!) they are grateful!

The plant manager is A. Hoskins from Atlanta! I thought you couldn't use names on this site!

Names? Like Bill Ford or Alan Mullally. Anthony is still there! I said good bye to him before I jumped ship last June.

Hey, Did you spell his last name wrong? If you did and its who I think it is he was the lean manager acting plant manager at NAP 3 years before they closed. Ultimately it was another dumb fuck named Joe Lee that really was the last plant manager who was also North American lean Captain for Ford. So if this Dale is at CAP... Your fucked :ohsnap:

Where is Joe Lee? I hope they are watching out for him too. He once told us in a town hall meeting that he relocated 10 times in the last 20 years. I think he have about 24-25 years.

Dale newiski was AAP last plant manager he came after the pimp left to go to chicago and he was a womanizer. Sorry to hear about losing a shift damn things are bad

Yes Dale was there, but Mr. Man was there as Lean Manager, trying his oil slick lines on me too :boring:

But that could have never happened. I just sat back andwatched him. There were at least 5 women there that he was after that I know of-no wonder the plant went down he didn't have any time to do anything else. A few fell for his lines but not me---he's not even a looker :shades:

Yes Dale was there, but Mr. Man was there as Lean Manager, trying his oil slick lines on me too :boring:

But that could have never happened. I just sat back andwatched him. There were at least 5 women there that he was after that I know of-no wonder the plant went down he didn't have any time to do anything else. A few fell for his lines but not me---he's not even a looker :shades:

I've known him for years. Never seems to amaze me. Guess I'm not the only one who's witnessed his womanizing antics. All I can say is ladies beware "scumbag" on the prowl. I received a mass email sent by a employee. who left CAP sometime last year. At least she gave fair warning and told the ladies to "beware--and "it's" defintely not much to talk about. I wouldn't want that type of "grade" following me around ---talk about a "performance review!" Hope things turn out well with the schedule and this economy turns around.

I've known him for years. Never seems to amaze me. Guess I'm not the only one who's witnessed his womanizing antics. All I can say is ladies beware "scumbag" on the prowl. I received a mass email sent by a employee. who left CAP sometime last year. At least she gave fair warning and told the ladies to "beware--and "it's" defintely not much to talk about. I wouldn't want that type of "grade" following me around ---talk about a "performance review!" Hope things turn out well with the schedule and this economy turns around.