F-150 6-speed?

blksn8k2

Is the 6-speed automatic that is planned for the 09 F-150 the same transmission used in the 06 and newer Explorer? If it is has Ford done anything to address the driveability issues? I have an 07 Sport Trac with this transmission and while I have not had any serious issues with mine after about 16K miles I have read posts on numerous message boards from owners who have. Ford does not seem to have an acceptable solution to their problems either. I certainly hope they solve this problem before the 09 goes into production otherwise they will have a serious credibility problem. The last thing Ford needs is a bunch of unhappy F-150 owners as this is their moneymaker.

Is the 6-speed automatic that is planned for the 09 F-150 the same transmission used in the 06 and newer Explorer? If it is has Ford done anything to address the driveability issues? I have an 07 Sport Trac with this transmission and while I have not had any serious issues with mine after about 16K miles I have read posts on numerous message boards from owners who have. Ford does not seem to have an acceptable solution to their problems either. I certainly hope they solve this problem before the 09 goes into production otherwise they will have a serious credibility problem. The last thing Ford needs is a bunch of unhappy F-150 owners as this is their moneymaker.

Probably the Expedition Trans. It has had issues too....then again, so has the current trans.

I have heard of no problems with the 4-speed. What are the issues?

Clunking between gears. Experienced it on a couple of trucks. Its a problem with multiple drivers on learning transmissions. Ours pretty much had to be rebuilt because of it. Don't know if its common, but I know they aren't without issue.

My 4 speed automatics have been bullet proof so far. I am the only one who drives the truck though. I also am a big believer in maintanance service. I just ordered a new 2008. I figured I would let them get the bugs worked out of the 2009's. Hopefully there isn't any bugs to work out. :shades: