2008 v6 xlt problems

flnycus

Had the v6 xlt 2008 ford escape for not even a year, here are the list of problems:

Rear "rocking" noise when braking, and almost coming to a complete stop. Techs didnt have a clue what it was, replaced rear axle, brakes etc still came back, they even champffered the brakes, didnt work, after 11 months it seems to come and go now though? Any ideas anyone?? It was in the dealer 3 times for the same repair!!!!

Now the Transmission bolt has broken or soemthing, the car is leaking transmission fluid. The dealer has no idea where the part is or how long it would take, i was told 3 weeks at the earliest ! Ive heard the 2008 explorer was recaleld (1000+ vehicles) because fo this problem. Anyone heard of it on an 08 escape. Anyone have the spare part handy?? lol.

I will have been withouth my brand new escape now for weeks! Not good. Any techs have any ideas whats going on with this suv? thank you!

Had the v6 xlt 2008 ford escape for not even a year, here are the list of problems:

Rear "rocking" noise when braking, and almost coming to a complete stop. Techs didnt have a clue what it was, replaced rear axle, brakes etc still came back, they even champffered the brakes, didnt work, after 11 months it seems to come and go now though? Any ideas anyone?? It was in the dealer 3 times for the same repair!!!!

Now the Transmission bolt has broken or soemthing, the car is leaking transmission fluid. The dealer has no idea where the part is or how long it would take, i was told 3 weeks at the earliest ! Ive heard the 2008 explorer was recaleld (1000+ vehicles) because fo this problem. Anyone heard of it on an 08 escape. Anyone have the spare part handy?? lol.

I will have been withouth my brand new escape now for weeks! Not good. Any techs have any ideas whats going on with this suv? thank you!

Wow, our 2004 Escape V6 XLT has been a great vehicle with good gas mileage. I was rear ended last year at a yield sign by a truck and there has been a noise when I take off that I think is in the exhaust system but that certainly is not the vehicles fault.

That is too bad about yours, I would purchase another in a heart beat... I've never even heard of those things happening..

Hope you get it resolved

• 1 month later...

I'm in exactly the same situation - transmission leak, need "golden bolt" and nobody can find that bolt. If I get the Escape back this weekend, then it will have been in the shop two solid weeks. And this vehicle was purchased last August so again similar to your situation, this is after less than one year of ownership.

I'm always concerned about long-term impact of problems like this. There were no warning lights on the dash that pointed to anything being amiss. I just found out once we started to notice tell-tale stains being left on pavement where we'd parked the Escape. Did I catch the problem soon enough?

As a first-time Ford owner (previous vehicles were Honda), I can't say that this has been a positive experience.

I'm in exactly the same situation - transmission leak, need "golden bolt" and nobody can find that bolt. If I get the Escape back this weekend, then it will have been in the shop two solid weeks. And this vehicle was purchased last August so again similar to your situation, this is after less than one year of ownership.

I'm always concerned about long-term impact of problems like this. There were no warning lights on the dash that pointed to anything being amiss. I just found out once we started to notice tell-tale stains being left on pavement where we'd parked the Escape. Did I catch the problem soon enough?

As a first-time Ford owner (previous vehicles were Honda), I can't say that this has been a positive experience.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I am a lifelong Ford owner, and have only had minor problems with any of my vehicles. I also have a dealer with an excellent service department. Hope they fix it for ya soon!!

Edited by danglin

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2008 Escape XLT for just over 1 month. From the start, I have heard a "squeek" coming from the rear end when I come to a full stop. It seems to be when the weight is transferring from the front to the back. To me it sounds like it is from the suspension.

I have had it in to Ford 2 times. The Tech now says that he hears the noise? But, yet he can find it. He states that he has checked the Brakes and tightened the suspension in the rear. He believes that it is coming from the Brakes. The Tech, Service Writer and Director contacted "Oasis" to locate any Bulletins for the problem. There aren't any at this time.

I ran in to the Service Writer yesterday. He asked if the problem was still present. It is now intermitent. He asked me to drop off the Escape. He would give me a free Loaner Car. He states that they have an "Octopus" that they hook up to everything to look for sounds to troubleshoot.

I don't know whether the sound I am hearing is what you are also hearing. You might want to pass along this information to your Ford Dealer and see if they will do the same for you.

I plan on dropping my Escape off next week, when I return from a weekend trip with it.

Good luck...I'll report if anything has been discovered.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, This is just an update. The noise seems to have returned now and again. It seems to come when the car is warmed up after some start/stop city driving. The car is seeing ford technicians on Friday as i am going through the lemon law. Surely this cant be good for a car thats done just 14,000 miles, i dread to think what will happen at 30,000 or even 60,000! Sad because i do love the car but just worry about the reliability - hopefully they can fix it or do something !

Ill let you know what they say/do.