Why pick on Honda?

Why not pick on Honda? I really think the major reason Accord is not selling as well as expected is disappointing fuel mileage. It's a bigger vehicle and weighs almost as much as 2008 Taurus. It went from very good fuel mileage to good fuel mileage at bad time with fuel prices skyrocketing. I have heard a number of long time Accord owners bitch about fuel mileage on the new one. Bad timing on Honda's part. If the new Accord got better fuel mileage than previous model, it would have surpassed Camry in sales. Honda blew it.

Now if 2010 Fusion can increase its fuel mileage a couple of mpg and have more horsepower at same time, then Fusion should be able to work up to 17,000-20,000 sales/month especially with Fusion Hybrid. The Hybrid should get 40mpg in city and over 35mph on highway.

Well Honda's large car Accord may be a little bit of a gas guzzler, but you can always move down to there mid sized offering. Oh right, they don't have a mid sized offering.

Can someone explain to me how Honda decided to walk away from their bread and butter mid sized car segment?

Seeing that you don't hear much from Honda about their vehicles, whereas Toyota is trying to brainwash everyone about being built here in America(TUNDRA!!), I wonder why anyone would pick on them on here............

even though Honda also builds engines(the worlds largest engine maker they are), lawnmowers, snowthrowers, motorcycles(how they got started) and ATVs, generators, water pumps, outboard motors and now airplanes and Personal Watercraft. And they don't gloat about it alot. If this was Toyota, you would never hear the end of it....... :banghead:

That's why I like Hondas more than any Toyota out there anyday!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades:

I know I respect Honda a lot more than Toyota because they're not showy, they don't brag, they're not trying to take over the world (at least the way Toyota's doing it), etc.

Edited by rmc523

Honda should bring back their Acura NSX..........what a screamer, and insanely quick............. :speedie:

A new NSX is in the works. It's been delayed mainly by styling issues ever since NAIAS 07. There have been internal debates on how the vehicle should be styled, and I don't think the concept of 07 was recieved too well, thus back to the drawing board. I believe there were/are also issues on whether it should continue to be a mid-engine vehicle or become a front engine (which I believe the concept would've been (it didn't even have an interior, that's why I say would've, I doubt it had an engine))