From SLAP

captamrica

With so many people in the GEN program, I wonder how long the funding will last until it runs dry. There is a posibility, JMHO, that it could run out before the next contact. There is only so much money in there. :(

Frank Calmes

www.crossedflags.com

Dont worry about GEN. We had over $900,000,000 in the fund and only about 1000 people collecting. It will be august or later before any of us at SLAP(most recently laid off) will collect. Wixom and Atlanta will still have to burn all of thier SUB before collecting GEN and contract will almost be over.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Captamrica,

It might have been easier to just say the hell with it and not try to get us the info, againg thanks. Talk is their setting up some chairs for a meeting next week and the rumor is that they are going to offer the 30+ yr. employees a buyout, or it could be the kiss off to 350 employees. also when they idle a plant can they direct their hr dept. to send all employees directly to Gen?

Any word on your plant shut down as far as the trades go. Are they going to keep any of the classifications or operations to shut the plant down. Elect mw pf weld waste treatment or powerhouse ect.

Thanks Captamrica,

It might have been easier to just say the hell with it and not try to get us the info, againg thanks. Talk is their setting up some chairs for a meeting next week and the rumor is that they are going to offer the 30+ yr. employees a buyout, or it could be the kiss off to 350 employees. also when they idle a plant can they direct their hr dept. to send all employees directly to Gen?

Any word on your plant shut down as far as the trades go. Are they going to keep any of the classifications or operations to shut the plant down. Elect mw pf weld waste treatment or powerhouse ect.

JAC(Joint Apprenticeship Coordinator) and several trades I talked to said no. They are to bleed out all fluids from the plant systems (brake fluid, antifreeze, PS fluid etc.), relocate all flammable substances out of the facility, shut down all major power systems (air, steam, gas, electric, etc). Speculate only emergancy systems will remain operational. No firewatch is scheduled security personell will assume this responsibility. March 21st is supposed the trades last day after completeing shut down operations. Don't know about Power House personell.

No to GEN immeadiately. According to contract you must serve 42 weeks (it might be 48 but after vacation and personal time is deducted it comes to 42)on layoff (cummulative over the life of the 4 year contract) then you will transfer into GEN. So if you have no layoff time accumulated since the beginning of this contract you will serve 42 consecutive weeks layed off then go into GEN. If they do not idle your plant until next year then you will not make it into GEN before contract expires and who knows what will happen to us then.

We at SLAP have experienced many weeks of TLO before this so most of us will transfer into GEN the first week of October or approximately 28 consecutive weeks. This will vary significantly between production and trades personell since most trades were not layed off when production personell were.

As to the GEN $$$,the $35K for early retiement ,the 85% for the 28-30 ,The $100K buyout and ed.packages all come out of GEN $$$

Also The list wont be posted till Wed. the 15th.

Total #s 1088 applied for them and supposedly all that put in for one will recieve it :shrug:

As to the GEN $$$,the $35K for early retiement ,the 85% for the 28-30 ,The $100K buyout and ed.packages all come out of GEN $$$

Also The list wont be posted till Wed. the 15th.

Total #s 1088 applied for them and supposedly all that put in for one will recieve it :shrug:

What list? 1088 applied for what?

Sorry, I have been away from the plant for a year, I'm just trying to understand what is going on there.

Sorry, I have been away from the plant for a year, I'm just trying to understand what is going on there.

He is refering to the list of the people that took the buyout offers. I was told it was around 1000 employees took one of the offers either early retirement or buyout.

The list is of those who took a package. The 1088 is the number of people who accepted one of the packages offered.

You'll have to wait until April 1st to know the exact number that took a package as they have until then to decide not to go through with taking a package.

I want to see the new seniority list after all of the packages have been finalized.

The list is of those who took a package. The 1088 is the number of people who accepted one of the packages offered.

You'll have to wait until April 1st to know the exact number that took a package as they have until then to decide not to go through with taking a package.

I want to see the new seniority list after all of the packages have been finalized.

Me too!

me three. Capt, thanks for all of your very useful info. Before we left a couple of us went through the old list and there was about 400 to about 450 eligible for retirement including the early retirement packages, Dude if all those folks retire, I'd be about 50 something on the list! Why did they have to shut us down now, I could've been in clean-up with 20 years seniority!?!

Tell them to stick there jackets up there ASS

Here's what they look likepost-21218-1142027243_thumb.jpg

me three. Capt, thanks for all of your very useful info. Before we left a couple of us went through the old list and there was about 400 to about 450 eligible for retirement including the early retirement packages, Dude if all those folks retire, I'd be about 50 something on the list! Why did they have to shut us down now, I could've been in clean-up with 20 years seniority!?!

I here you. I made the skilled trades list in 01 and then they made that first announcement to close and froze the program when i was next to go in as Electrician. There I have sat #1 on the list but going nowhere. I waited 18 years for that damn job. Oh well, roll the dice, you don't always get what you want.

Your placement on the apprentice waiting list transfers with you.

Yes, I spoke with the JAC at a meeting on Monday and told that I would be placed on the bottom of the list at whichever plant I transfer to, if they tested before August 2001 (that was our test date). If they did not then that plant has a right to test and place their members on the list and I go to the bottom of that list. The only kicker is there is no defined limit as to how many can be placed on the list when they test. They placed 80 in 95 here then an outside agency took over testing due to cronyism charges from that test and only 20 were placed on the list after the test in 01.

Now a settlement was reached on an EEOC lawsuit filed because test scores were not published and more have been added to lists at all plants to better reflect the diversity of the workforce. I'm not going to hold my breath if I transfer on getting into the trades at my new plant. :)

Tell them to stick there jackets up there ASS

My feelings exactly. I told the wife that I didn't want no damn "Quality" jacket from them. Even though I am retired, I just felt they screwed over too many people.

They can also stick that FPS program where the sun don't shine. Everybody busted their asses to get the plant good scores, and for what?? :angry:

I remember when Bill Ford took over and he said he wouldn't take any salary till they became profitable. On the way out of the plant, Rocky Madden from Channel 4 (??) News asked me what I thought about Bill not taking an salary. I told him that not taking a salary didn't mean anything to him. He was worth $180M at the time. Big fricken deal. :blink: Was that suppose to be a condolence for closing the plant??

Edited by fcalmes

These are pictures of the last unit built going down 7-Line at SLAP and what it looked like after we were empty. They gave us all a diposable camera to take pictures with so pardon the quality. After it passed your work station you were instructed to go to the "startup room" to turn in your badge (and any other eqipment they issued you i.e. coveralls, radio, scanner,etc.) then leave the plant and that was it, boom it was over.

Did not know what to expect when it ended but many of us agreed that this was not how we thought it would end. Turn in your badge to a sole supervisor and go home with instruction to bring the slip of paper with you and a photo ID to pick up your last check. Without the outprocess form showing you cleared without any charges you would not be given your last check. It sucked! :(

post-21218-1141915397_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1141915714_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1141915512_thumb.jpg

Futher in this thread I copied and posted the buyout offers we recaived at SLAP as well as a copy of the transfer survey which specifically states they will offer more of these offers at KCAP and LAP to make room for any transfers from SLAP.

I am sorry about how it ended. I wish you luck in your quest for a new career. I may be in your shoes soon.

WHY?? is it his fault SLAP closed? NO it's not

If it's anyones fault it is our politicians for enacting free trade laws.

It is the UAW's fault also

flashback 1992 The UAW said vote for Clinton he has promised not to sign NAFTA

WELL THE FIRST BILL HE SIGNED WAS NAFTA!!!!!PASSED BY A DEMOCRATIC HOUSE AND SENATE!!!!!!

They should have backed Perot now were in the 9th inning with 2 outs and Bush has the Thailand free trade bill on the mound and he has a 0-2 count on us all.

So stop blaming plant managers and local unions and the international union and blame who is at fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call your congressmen tell them to vote NO,NO,NO,NO on this bill.

And call the UAW and tell them to back a pres. canidate like Edwards,or Kucinich,Byah they have all said that NAFTA must go. and tell them please no more canidates like the last 2.

AMEN! Why are so many of our brothers and sisters so blind to these facts?

AMEN! Why are so many of our brothers and sisters so blind to these facts?

And if you think FoMoCo looks at quality as a factor in deciding your plants fate, think again. This was posted on our locals web page.

We couldn't agree more! As reported on the STLToday.com Web site a story dated 03/08/2006 a Ford spokeswoman said . . . The automaker appreciates the dedication and the loyalty of this “fantastic†work force. “The employees were a class-act,†Anne Marie Gattari said. “They gave their all right to the end, focusing on quality and maintaining a positive attitude in a very difficult time.â€

We would like to thank each and every member or our local union for once again proving to Ford Motor Company that we could keep up our high-quality effort despite the pending layoffs.

As one of the greatest work forces in the world you took pride in your work and realized that Quality is Job 1 therefore earning Ford’s coveted President’s Award for Best in Quality. You are truly an amazing group of people for which we have had the honor and privilege of representing you as your President and Chairman. For your outstanding efforts we say thank you!

To Ford Motor Company we say, . . . this is the work force you want to be building your "Way Forward" plan with.

In Solidarity,

Ken Dearing, President - T. R. Obrecht, Chairman

UAW Local 325

http://www.uawlocal325.com

Check out the pictures from the party on March 9, 06 on the Flicker link, if you did not make it.

Edited by Captamrica

And if you think FoMoCo looks at quality as a factor in deciding your plants fate, think again. This was posted on our locals web page.

We couldn't agree more! As reported on the STLToday.com Web site a story dated 03/08/2006 a Ford spokeswoman said . . . The automaker appreciates the dedication and the loyalty of this “fantastic†work force. “The employees were a class-act,†Anne Marie Gattari said. “They gave their all right to the end, focusing on quality and maintaining a positive attitude in a very difficult time.â€

We would like to thank each and every member or our local union for once again proving to Ford Motor Company that we could keep up our high-quality effort despite the pending layoffs.

As one of the greatest work forces in the world you took pride in your work and realized that Quality is Job 1 therefore earning Ford’s coveted President’s Award for Best in Quality. You are truly an amazing group of people for which we have had the honor and privilege of representing you as your President and Chairman. For your outstanding efforts we say thank you!

To Ford Motor Company we say, . . . this is the work force you want to be building your "Way Forward" plan with.

In Solidarity,

Ken Dearing, President - T. R. Obrecht, Chairman

UAW Local 325

UAW Local 325 HomepageSTLToday.com

Building a quality product is the RIGHT thing to do of course, but folks don't you dare let them tell you and don't you dare believe that Quality is the main focus at FoMoCo., Bullshit! every plant that is closing has won or has been given some sort of an award due to their 'excellent production capabilities'. SLAP presidents award for quality, kiss my ass! QUANITY, QUANITY, QUANITY!!! Q1=Quanity is Job1, just get that damn thing off the end of the line and either we'll fix it of the dealer will.

Building a quality product is the RIGHT thing to do of course, but folks don't you dare let them tell you and don't you dare believe that Quality is the main focus at FoMoCo., Bullshit! every plant that is closing has won or has been given some sort of an award due to their 'excellent production capabilities'. SLAP presidents award for quality, kiss my ass! QUANITY, QUANITY, QUANITY!!! Q1=Quanity is Job1, just get that damn thing off the end of the line and either we'll fix it of the dealer will.

I hear you on this, Delta/FMVSS items going down the line not completed, just to keep the line moving. Year after year we sat in those meetings being told to "stop the line and fix it in station" only to watch your supervisor turn it back on because the superintendent or production manager is screaming at them on the radio to turn it back on and fix it on the fly or in the shop.

I've seen body bolts shot down with an 18v Dewault battery gun and capped over. There is no way that gun generated the torque of a 14T air gun or the 89nm of the S-100 electric guns on the job. As you said Q1=Quanity is Job 1. Now all we here(in the media) is how our quality needs to improve and how we have to an overcapacity problem.

Typical FoMoCo bullshit pass the buck and blame someone else and of course it's the unions fault.

I am glad that SLAP shut down, you guy's did a lot of dammage to the planet, building those gas guzzlers.

Your grandchildren will be wondering, wtf were they thinking?

Wake up and smell the pollution!

and im sitting here wondering.......who could've been dumb enough to reproduce an ignorant, tree hugging vagina like yourself? :shrug:

abortion definately should've been an option for your mother

You know what, I have never vented on anyone in these forums, until now. Savetheplanet, you need to go somewhere with that bullshit. "you are glad they closed slap"? Why don't you come over to my house, I have a lonely tree in my backyard that needs a hug, you insensitive piece of shit. What would you suggest we do? Burn our houses down, not use electricity, and sit around a campfire singing cumbaya? I am sure there are some baby seals that need your help, so why don't you get out of our forum, dickhead.

You know what, I have never vented on anyone in these forums, until now. Savetheplanet, you need to go somewhere with that bullshit. "you are glad they closed slap"? Why don't you come over to my house, I have a lonely tree in my backyard that needs a hug, you insensitive piece of shit. What would you suggest we do? Burn our houses down, not use electricity, and sit around a campfire singing cumbaya? I am sure there are some baby seals that need your help, so why don't you get out of our forum, dickhead.

You know what's even worse? The jackass is from SLAP! no joke ask him. I had a run in with his stupid, wanting- to- live- in- a - mudhut ass before. The jerk in no better than all the other jerks trying to do their best to have us all in a third world country. I LOVE my furnace in the winter, I LOVE my A/C in the summer!

I LOVE having asphalt shingles on my BRICK house, I LOVE my 18 mpg F-150, I LOVE my Briggs&Stratton lawn mower, etc., etc., etc.

The only pollution that makes me sick is the S**T that comes out the mouths of tree-huggers and far-left liberals and far right conservatives!