NPR story on hybrid SUV purchase woes

65fairlane

NPR ran this story talking about dealer markups for hybrid SUVs. Ford was cast in a bad light, but GM took some licks too.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=89248524

The potential Escape Hybrid customer interviewed apparently did not know about X-plan. The Ford spokesperson quoted gave the impression that Ford is doing something about production because of the Kansas City plant's double shifts, but the story line makes it look that not enough is being done to get more vehicles to market and reduce the dealer markups that are scaring customers away.

NPR listeners are some of the staunchest fans of hybrid vehicles, so this story indicates frustration of a very important group of customers.

NPR ran this story talking about dealer markups for hybrid SUVs. Ford was cast in a bad light, but GM took some licks too.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=89248524

The potential Escape Hybrid customer interviewed apparently did not know about X-plan. The Ford spokesperson quoted gave the impression that Ford is doing something about production because of the Kansas City plant's double shifts, but the story line makes it look that not enough is being done to get more vehicles to market and reduce the dealer markups that are scaring customers away.

NPR listeners are some of the staunchest fans of hybrid vehicles, so this story indicates frustration of a very important group of customers.

I don't listen to NPR because it's Far Left...but I got my 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid over a year ago--which means the guys in the story are just too slow to the party. And boy am I saving gasoline money now!

The potential Escape Hybrid customer interviewed apparently did not know about X-plan.

Why should every customer be told?

I mean, Sears doesn't tell me about their employee discounts every time I buy a wrench.