2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

I think what many of you were saying is that there are certain areas of the 2010 Taurus that seem like Ford just decided to go "cliche" with. I mean, the headlights for instance. They have a decidely European feel. They are horizontally-biased. If they had chosen the Iosis headlight-style, there would be a bit of distinction when compared with other vehicles.

Or the grille. Look at it. It looks just as generic as any other grille out there.

Basically, the car lacks distinction, which is important when your car isn't selling currently ... just my opinion, but that is how I see it.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still long standing Ford customers.

More than the negatards will ever admit to. They seem to forget that Ford is currently the 2nd-best selling brand of cars in the country. Of course, the negatard response will add "yeah...to fleets." Even then, they are at worst 3rd or 4th in the country. Either way you slice it, every two, three, or four people in the country own a Ford. Not exactly starved for customers. Most automakers would still kill for Ford's market share.

• 4 weeks later...

You know it's really interesting seeing how most everyone here has a negative view about the "Dave Taurus". When the 08 500 was renamed Taurus, for the most part everyone was thinking that the biggest issue that would hold it back would be the lack of advertising and thus would cause the lack of 08 Taurus sales...not necessarily the styling. I'd have to say that observation would be correct. I can think of only one 08 Taurus commercial I've seen on TV and only one I've heard on the radio...and I haven't seen/heard either for probably 5-6 months.

I've been a fan of the 500/Taurus from the beginning, and had been waiting for the HP improvements to come out in 08 before buying one. The thing I like about the "Dave Taurus" is that I don't see myself driving down the road every day. I like my Escape, but their have to be million of those little suckers on the road around here... in addition to all the other little CUV's on the road. On many occasions, I'll find myself sitting at a stop light with 4 other Escapes, nose to tail.

I don't have this problem in my Taurus. If I do see another 3-bar chrome grille coming from the other direction I immediately recognize it as a Ford product and most of the time it's a Fusion. Yeah, I agree it does look a little bit like an afterthought on the Taurus, and I'm not real thrilled about the ricer tail lights, but considering what you get for the money, it makes alot of sense to buy one of these.

When I saw the pics of the 2010 Taurus, the thing the disappointed me the most was the front grille...reminded me of just about everything else on the road that is trying to look "euro". Sure, I suppose you could say that it sells well as practically every sedan on the road has some variation of that front end on it.

To date I have had nothing but compliments on the new Taurus...most people refusing to believe that it actually was one. Had one 30 something couple in a Lexus turning their heads like a couple of owls trying to figure out what kind of car it was. I could read their lips on their astonished faces as they were saying "That's a FORD!". OK, I'll say it for some of you so you can save the post: They were astonished that someone would actually put their logo on something so ugly. or That must have been some dream...nobody in a Lexus would cast a second glance at an 08 Taurus, let alone strain their necks to get a better look.

Bottom line for me is that it is a large, safe car that gets more than respectable gas mileage, has enough poop under the hood to get out of its own way, and most importantly it only cost me $19,246 out the door for a nicely equipped SEL with Leather, SYNC, Sirius, and Reverse Sensors (and a full tank of gas).