2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the car that the 500 hundred should have been when it first came out.

Agreed. While I do like it much better than the 500 or Taurus II, I'm still hoping for Ford to move away from the Asian look and toward the 427/Interceptor styling they've teased us with for so many years.

Looks like the Mazda version.

Since there isn't a Mazda version (the Taurus/Sable is Volvo derived) and I did sort of a quasi-Mustang grill.....that doesn't seem such a bad thing!

I don't see any real similarities....not a single line or idea from the 6 to my SHO.

post-19198-1207871032_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

The A pillar/cowl is completely different as are the sides of the Taurus which has the Mondeo-type sculpturing which is absent on the Hyundai.

The headlights are different, and are recessed from the leading edge of the front clip griller opening, probably 3 X the recess depth.

The Greenhouse of the 2010 Taurus is substantially different, it has a boxier arc which also helps to chop down the bloated bubble look to the original. The loss of the C-pillar window also probably means a very different look to the rear quarter. The rolling beltline also helps to strengthen the profile while breaking up the wall of flat steel that drew attention to its inflated proportions. Overall I am extremely happy to see so many of my design concerns fixed with the update. Indeed this is a substantially smarter design for this vehicle.

The thing that I find ironic is that people were surprised that THIS is the car that brought a tear to Mulally's eye. Why were you surprised? Mulally was a Lexus / Toyota fan boy prior to joining Ford. He drove a full-size Lexus sedan. You can expect that he's going to like a car that looks Toyota-bland.

The good news is, most of the places I've seen this picture up have had relatively positive comments.

Edited by SVT_MAN

The thing that I find ironic is that people were surprised that THIS is the car that brought a tear to Mulally's eye. Why were you surprised? Mulally was a Lexus / Toyota fan boy prior to joining Ford. He drove a full-size Lexus sedan. You can expect that he's going to like a car that looks Toyota-bland.

The good news is, most of the places I've seen this picture up have had relatively positive comments.

Hopefully the interior brought a tear to his eye also. I have high hopes that the new interior is going to knock our socks off. Should be a step or two above and beyond the pretty-darn-good-already Flex.