2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

Only Microsoft still offers this feature though:

BSOD.gif

I have yet to see that on Vista, which seemingly is the most hated operating system in the world. 98? Seen it. ME? Hahahaha. Worst operating system. Ever. Vista? Never. I know a lot of people hate Vista, but it's honestly one of the fastest, most stable OSes I've ever used. I just find it kind of funny that Mac fans are acting like their double-touch touchpads or that sort of thing is some kind of innovation. I'm not a Mac hater, but let's be realistic: Macs haven't had a right mouse button for years but its absence previously doesn't make it a new feature to computers in general. Maybe it is new to a Mac, but it is hardly new ... the same can be said for drag-and-drop on Windows. Yes, Mac had it before Windows .... so it really isn't a feature.

Edited by SVT_MAN

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see that on Vista.

I have seen ONE of those in about the last 5 or 6 years - and it was my fault - I undocked my laptop without actually telling the computer to undock.

Apple just freezes or restarts .... and my GF's Mac does that way more often than my 2 WinXP PC's combined.

Igor

Edited by igor

I have seen ONE of those in about the last 5 or 6 years - and it was my fault - I undocked my laptop without actually telling the computer to undock.

Apple just freezes or restarts .... and my GF's Mac does that way more often than my 2 WinXP PC's combined.

Igor

Funny, I've had the same experience AND my GF has a Mac. My GF gets mad when her Mac crashes when I am over there because she has a certain "aire of superiority" about her since she owns a Mac. One of the few things that irk me about her to be honest. I think the biggest thing keeping me from buying a Mac is other Mac users. This thread pretty much proves it to be honest. Most Mac users I've run into seem to act like they are better than me. Why? You own a piece of equipment that may very well be superior to many computers, but a piece of equipment does NOT make you better than someone.

My personal favorite error on the Mac is the "Kernel PANIC!" The system goes to a black screen and the Kernel Panics because somethng is corrupted in the .kext file. It's somewhat ludicrous in a way that one faulty device driver could entire shut down the whole system. Now you know why Macs are built with Mac-authorized hardware.

I can't be too hard on Mac users though. Apple's advertisements program people to act like that. Ever since their plain-white-background ads popped up, a lot of Mac users act like they are part of some elitist club. I rank this right up there with a no-girls-allowed tree house. Grow up.

Edited by SVT_MAN

I have a PC and a Mac of similar capacities. (800mhz processor--actually the Mac is dual 400s, 40GB HD, 1GB RAM). There is, without doubt, no comparison between the two. Mac wins hands down.

Of course, that doesn't make me a better person, I can't stand the air of superiority that some Mac users have, and I dislike the cult of personality around Steve Jobs.

That aside, there is simply, in my experience, no comparison between the two.

I have yet to see that on Vista, which seemingly is the most hated operating system in the world. 98? Seen it. ME? Hahahaha. Worst operating system. Ever. Vista? Never. I know a lot of people hate Vista, but it's honestly one of the fastest, most stable OSes I've ever used. I just find it kind of funny that Mac fans are acting like their double-touch touchpads or that sort of thing is some kind of innovation. I'm not a Mac hater, but let's be realistic: Macs haven't had a right mouse button for years but its absence previously doesn't make it a new feature to computers in general. Maybe it is new to a Mac, but it is hardly new ... the same can be said for drag-and-drop on Windows. Yes, Mac had it before Windows .... so it really isn't a feature.

Most big companies still use XP Pro they are waiting to see if Windows 7 which is to be released soon will be any better, gamers hate Vista most have had most of their games they love made redundant by Vista most have gone back to XP just get their games back again.

A lot of Hardware got made redundant, a constant downloads were need to fix problems with both software and hardware with Vista. XP was one of the best for backwards compatibility, the nightmare will begin again soon Windows 7 coming to a place near you to make all your Vista friendly hardware & software redundant again so you will need to dig deep into your pockets again :hysterical:

I have a PC and a Mac of similar capacities. (800mhz processor--actually the Mac is dual 400s, 40GB HD, 1GB RAM). There is, without doubt, no comparison between the two. Mac wins hands down.

Of course, that doesn't make me a better person, I can't stand the air of superiority that some Mac users have, and I dislike the cult of personality around Steve Jobs.

That aside, there is simply, in my experience, no comparison between the two.

I foget the specs on the three computers we have i nthe household (one is an AMD desktop,. one is pre-intel MacBook Pro, and the last is Intel Centrino IBM thinkpad) but my PC's out perform the Mac without any signle shred of doubt - I do have 512mb of RAM on the desktop and 1GB on the laptop - she has 1GB I believe - but especially for browsing online (both on Firefox) - the Mac is simply infuriating - so much so - she usually uses my laptop to do her browsing and online flash gaming.

I love some of the Mac solutions but the nerd in me has figured out every detail about making my PC work for me - especially when something is NOT going right - half-crashing not picking up network, etc - given my Win heavy background, I want to rip my hair out every time I am trying to fix her Mac - nothing works in a way I find useful - like now - we are having trouble with our internet connection - so our neighbors told us to use theirs - the Mac decided every day whether it will recognize the network or not - no explanation, no indicator of signal strength, no "scan for wireless networks in range" - NADA - there is no logic to it - my Laptop shows it consistently every time. just one of the frustrations I face - I jsut can;'t make sane of the Mac utilities.

Igor

Most big companies still use XP Pro they are waiting to see if Windows 7 which is to be released soon will be any better, gamers hate Vista most have had most of their games they love made redundant by Vista most have gone back to XP just get their games back again.

A lot of Hardware got made redundant, a constant downloads were need to fix problems with both software and hardware with Vista. XP was one of the best for backwards compatibility, the nightmare will begin again soon Windows 7 coming to a place near you to make all your Vista friendly hardware & software redundant again so you will need to dig deep into your pockets again :hysterical:

people like to forget the NIGHTMARE the Mac OS 10.0 was ... I was in college when they released it and I can tell you it was at least as bad as Vista .... ton of my friends hated it and worked diligently on keeping their old OS9 Macs alive just so they do not have to switch.

Igor

I foget the specs on the three computers we have i nthe household (one is an AMD desktop,. one is pre-intel MacBook Pro, and the last is Intel Centrino IBM thinkpad) but my PC's out perform the Mac without any signle shred of doubt - I do have 512mb of RAM on the desktop and 1GB on the laptop - she has 1GB I believe - but especially for browsing online (both on Firefox) - the Mac is simply infuriating - so much so - she usually uses my laptop to do her browsing and online flash gaming.

I love some of the Mac solutions but the nerd in me has figured out every detail about making my PC work for me - especially when something is NOT going right - half-crashing not picking up network, etc - given my Win heavy background, I want to rip my hair out every time I am trying to fix her Mac - nothing works in a way I find useful - like now - we are having trouble with our internet connection - so our neighbors told us to use theirs - the Mac decided every day whether it will recognize the network or not - no explanation, no indicator of signal strength, no "scan for wireless networks in range" - NADA - there is no logic to it - my Laptop shows it consistently every time. just one of the frustrations I face - I jsut can;'t make sane of the Mac utilities.

Igor

Flash for the Mac is not pleasant, I'll grant you that. As far as wireless recognition goes, the G4 is a desktop so I have no idea there. Frankly, operator error still enters into it.

And I've found the Mac utilities to be consistently more user friendly than the Windows equivalents. Have you, for instance, considered the number of steps required, and non-intuitive steps at that, to change the priority for your wireless connections in XP?

Flash for the Mac is not pleasant

Flash is not pleasant, period. It has its uses, but its users give us web sites where the site is one giant Flash file, and even if it's in smaller chunks embedded into html/xml, we get web sites where the landing page is 1Mb. Gimme a break.

And the bloat continues . . . but it looks marvellous. except when it doesn't. :)

I got my first Macbook Pro on March 1st and I love it so far, but OSX isn't all that...the biggest thing for and against working with OSX is that its simple...which is great for non-powerusers or people just getting into computers. But its downright fustrating for people who are used to tweaking or using windows.

As for Vista, besides a couple goofs with Vista when it first released (like it taking FOREVER for it to transfer files, which was hotfixed anyways) it runs great on new hardware. The only time I've bluescreened it was on the Macbook Pro (go figure) when running it though VMware's Fusion. The problem is that it really doesn't bring anything new to the table and the way it handles file navigation is a step backwards from XP. XP does what the vast majority of people want it to do and they are used to it...and normal people don't like change.

My GF gets mad when her Mac crashes when I am over there because she has a certain "aire of superiority" about her since she owns a Mac. One of the few things that irk me about her to be honest. I think the biggest thing keeping me from buying a Mac is other Mac users. This thread pretty much proves it to be honest. Most Mac users I've run into seem to act like they are better than me. Why? You own a piece of equipment that may very well be superior to many computers, but a piece of equipment does NOT make you better than someone.

I can't be too hard on Mac users though. Apple's advertisements program people to act like that. Ever since their plain-white-background ads popped up, a lot of Mac users act like they are part of some elitist club. I rank this right up there with a no-girls-allowed tree house. Grow up.

I know they annoy the shit out of me too, but also on the other hand, Windows users look down at Apple at the same time...I know I used to till I got my Macbook Pro, but I enjoy the computer for what it is and I dont think it makes me any better of a person.

the way it handles file navigation is a step backwards from XP

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Windows file explorer is better than "Finder"

I like the side scrolling windows in Finder but at least as of Tiger, you can't change the sort criteria in the side scrolling windows. In the details view, double clicking doesn't open the folder in that window.

Also Command+C copies files, but Command-V doesn't paste them. You have to right click to paste files, and Command-X doesn't cut files. All features that are better implemented on Windows

That is one of the annoyances I have with OS X.

However, on balance, the OS X system works faster, is more stable, and is easier to use than the similar XP machine.

Edited by RichardJensen

people like to forget the NIGHTMARE the Mac OS 10.0 was ... I was in college when they released it and I can tell you it was at least as bad as Vista .... ton of my friends hated it and worked diligently on keeping their old OS9 Macs alive just so they do not have to switch.

Igor

2008 Many businesses still aren’t rushing to buy Vista.

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2008/01/24/bu...shing-to-vista/

I can't say l have ever seen such a big backlash on a Operating Systems like Vistas getting at the moment, it's the not Mac users. It's 100,000s of XP fans

http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

Bring back XP sign up vent your anger

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/01/15/...petition_1.html

Dell responds to customer feedback bring back and offers XP. Dell has decided to bring back Windows XP as an option for home users its not Mac fanboys asking for it back again.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070...windows-xp.html

I dont have an issue with the 2010 Taurus being somewhat non distinct but it should have the quality and powertrains to stand out.

What I would have an issue with is if Ford fails to provide any distinct american cars. The interceptor/427 etc cars should still be built.

I can't say l have ever seen such a big backlash on a Operating Systems like Vistas getting at the moment, it's the not Mac users. It's 100,000s of XP fans

Dell responds to customer feedback bring back and offers XP. Dell has decided to bring back Windows XP as an option for home users its not Mac fanboys asking for it back again.

I am not saying Vista is all that - I am still on XP and will probably wait a while before switching. But people make it seem like other big-step OS launches were without a glitch and without opposition - the Mac OS 10.0 was miserable - slow, buggy, ill conceived - we are at was 10.5 now? it is WAY better, but the original release was god awful. And that is all I am saying - every time you make a big change in your OS you will encounter unexpected bugs and opposition from people who are used to the "old way"

that is all

Igor

All I am saying is that drag-and-drop is about as proprietary now as a right-clicker on a mouse is. Both operating systems use it, so I'm not sure why one would tout it as a "feature." It doesn't matter who had it first once you both have it. It would be kind of like bragging your car has power steering today. That's great - but so does every other car out there. Right-clicking and drag-and-drop - neither of them are really stand-out features anymore.

By the way: Noah, do you honestly expect me to believe a web site that is called "Mac Kido" and looks like it was designed by someone in the 1980s? I'm sure they are completely fair and balanced, without a hint of bias ...

I didn't say it was proprietary, I didn't say you couldn't do it. I just said "thank Steve" -- referencing that his company created the metaphor. I can't understand why you get so touchy about it.

If you had said it looked like it was designed in the 90s, you'd be right - obviously there was no web design in the 80s, and you should browse around web.archive.org for some memories of what it looked like in the 90s. MacKido's last redesign was when CSS was first released, and he redid the look and feel of the site (at a time when most people were still using <FONT> tags. Far too many people still do today). MacKido pretty much stopped being updated in '99 - when Mac advocacy became unnecessary.

His facts are correct and documented, despite his bias in how he presents them. Hey, sometimes the truth is biased.

And that will be my last off topic post.

I have yet to see that on Vista, which seemingly is the most hated operating system in the world. 98? Seen it. ME? Hahahaha. Worst operating system. Ever. Vista? Never.

Eh, I got a new Vista PC not too long ago. It BSOD'ed twice in the first 20 minutes it was running. However, as soon as I connected it to the Internet and loaded the 80+ awaiting patches, it hasn't done it since.

Of course businesses aren't rushing out to buy Vista. What short memories people have. They didn't rush out to buy XP to replace their Windows 2000 machines either. Our company didn't do a widespread XP rollout until LAST YEAR.

In the year or so I have had Vista Ultimate, I have NEVER had it freeze up on me, nor have I seen the BSOD.

NEVER. I am running an Inter Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB of ram, ~1000GB of HD space. And it runs 24/7

My XP laptop, on the other hand, has to be plugged in while the wireless card is installed, otherwise, as soon as I start surfing, it will lock up.

In the year or so I have had Vista Ultimate, I have NEVER had it freeze up on me, nor have I seen the BSOD.

NEVER. I am running an Inter Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB of ram, ~1000GB of HD space. And it runs 24/7

My XP laptop, on the other hand, has to be plugged in while the wireless card is installed, otherwise, as soon as I start surfing, it will lock up.

Yep, I actually really like Vista compared to XP. Like I said, once I got it out of the box and got all the patches loaded, I've had no problems at all from it. Running AMD Athlon 64 dual core 2.3 GHz with 4 GB RAM with 800 GB hard drive. Runs great.

Only problem at all I've come across is there is still no Vista driver available for my Canon Digital Rebel. GRR. Oh well, my printer has a media card reader, so no big deal.