2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

Back on topic, from Left Lane News:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-future.html

"Ford has decided to combine elements of its "Bold American" and European "Kinetic" design language for the 2010 model. While this isn't Ford's all-new design language (which will debut in several years), it is certainly a move in the right direction."

ford-taurus.jpg

The thing I like about the blending of Kinetic and 'Dave' is that it seems it will be much easier to transition from these themes into another theme that will follow them. Hopefully we will finally see an end to the obviously-last-generation-of-ford-design vehicles sitting next to the obviously-new-generation-of-ford-design vehicles on dealer lots. There hasn't been full design consistency across Ford's lineup since the mid-90's.

Anyone else remember the full page ads (usually on the backs of magazines) that showed every vehicle in the Ford lineup in white? Those were all instantly recognizable as Fords. Now we still have hangers-on to the old design language of the late 90's like the Crown Victoria, Ranger, and to some level the Explorer and Escape, sitting next to the Fusion, Edge, and Taurus. There's no consistency at all.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine where they got the inspiration. :hysterical:

although when you compare it to image they got a few details wrong - the front is even more aggressive - the headlights are narrower and more slanted, and the grille is positioned lower ... that is part of the appear of the car to my eyes - the subtle aggressiveness of the nose.

http://flickr.com/search/?q=2010+ford+taurus

(note to FOMOCO: not hosted by me)

Igor

Edited by igor

although when you compare it to image they got a few details wrong - the front is even more aggressive - the headlights are narrower and more slanted, and the grille is positioned lower ... that is part of the appear of the car to my eyes - the subtle aggressiveness of the nose.

They also increased the depth of the side crease as it leads toward the side porthole.

Minor artistic changes.

I don't understand the "Groundbreaking design" part...Is there really such a thing in a mainstream family sedan after the original Taurus?

Best line from the article:

"Is it a groundbreaking design? Not especially. Will it allow Ford to compete effectively against its Asian competition? Absolutely — and that's what counts."

I don't understand the "Groundbreaking design" part...Is there really such a thing in a mainstream family sedan after the original Taurus?

Well, by "groundbreaking" I think they mean "bold". It certainly isn't a Chrysler 300, which was bold. In the end, there was nothing really groundbreaking about the 300 either though. It still did all the things a family sedan always has. It was just in a different wrapper.

Back on topic, from Left Lane News:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-future.html

"Ford has decided to combine elements of its "Bold American" and European "Kinetic" design language for the 2010 model. While this isn't Ford's all-new design language (which will debut in several years), it is certainly a move in the right direction."

ford-taurus.jpg

Note the similarities:

G6ETurbot_01_L_700.jpg

Well because it's you Nick and you asked so nicely,

XT_02_L_700.jpg

Eh, I kinda like a cross between those two. I don't mind the brightwork surrounding the grille openings, just not the mesh that looks like a rabbit cage all inside it.

I do prefer the black headlight bezels on that one better than the all-chrome ones though.

Edited by NickF1011

The 10 Taurus is different, the front has much stronger styling than the Falcon.

The grille is even more pronounced and meets the hood line much higher than the Falcon.

I wonder if the real reason behind this is to remake the car's image as a way to watershed all

previously failed marketing stretegies (blame it all on style and start again).

Edited by jpd80

Yep, I actually really like Vista compared to XP. Like I said, once I got it out of the box and got all the patches loaded, I've had no problems at all from it. Running AMD Athlon 64 dual core 2.3 GHz with 4 GB RAM with 800 GB hard drive. Runs great.

Only problem at all I've come across is there is still no Vista driver available for my Canon Digital Rebel. GRR. Oh well, my printer has a media card reader, so no big deal.

It won't auto detect via USB?

Still don't see how "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" will work. Ah well, what's done is done.

Nothing like dishing up a nice lukewarm serving of oatmeal in a family car package for those who gum their food and are afraid of new things. And who, therefore, won't buy it anyway.

Edited by RichardJensen

OF COURSE ITS BEEN INCONSISTENT!!!! THAT'S MY POINT. Ford scrapped "Dave" before they had a chance to move it across the entire lineup. All they did was slap chrome grilles on previously designed vehicles.

Where they did Dave through and through, (Flex, Edge) the results have been distinctive, recognizable, and very "Ford".

Jim Farley said the Flex was a vehicle that only Ford could do. Again, I ask you, can you say the same thing about this Taurus?

Judas PRIEST I wish you guys would get off the "Dave = 3 bar grille" kick. If it was just the 3 bar grille it would be a stale old gimmick. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE GRILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make myself any clearer?

The only thing distinctive about Ford design IS the grille. It has to be that way because Ford is forcing the sharing of bodies with Lincoln/Mercury so therefore they are fundamentally interchangeable and generic. The Fusion, Edge, Taurus, etc... are nothing more than fascias, the body on all are derivative and irrelevant elements in the design. This Taurus on the other hand has substantially more design all over its body than the outgoing Dave products. It's also a design that does a substantially better job at controlling the vehicles bloated proportions. The only thing dull here is the grille which is extremely unfortunate, but the product overall is more distinctive from more angles. The advantage among the European Fords is that they make a design statement all over the car, not just the fascias.

The Flex is the one exception but it's also an unproven design and something I would absolutely NEVER buy because the design is so superfluous and garish. The MKT is far more up my ally, it's progressive and elegant, a logical progression of the automobile. The Flex is far too rebellious for me.

Edited by BORG

Still don't see how "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" will work. Ah well, what's done is done.

Nothing like dishing up a nice lukewarm serving of oatmeal in a family car package for those who gum their food and are afraid of new things. And who, therefore, won't buy it anyway.

It's the old question, do you make a better version ofwhat people are buying or do you lead uncharted waters?

Accountants intent on saving money and consolidating platforms are not that brave.....

Edited by jpd80