Indy Temps Being Made Ford

donedeal

I asked my committeeman about this today and he said yes, there was a petition going around about a month ago, it boiled down to TRW getting our business, some of which was guaranteed to stay here with the COA, which voided the agreement. Personally I think that is why I didn't hear about it, it didn't get very far. Just because we lose one battle, we have to keep fighting.

So true, bro! We demanded that the company live up to another of THEIR part of the COA bargain. That's the attatchment where the company agreed not to outsource

the Powerhouse, Building Maintenance, and Waste Treatment, UNLESS we moved to a "greenfield" site. So, we live to fight another day.

IMHO, the best thing we can do is keep building the best gears & pumps @ the lowest cost, to show Ford they need us!

Edited by Pumpmaster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked my committeeman about this today and he said yes, there was a petition going around about a month ago, it boiled down to TRW getting our business, some of which was guaranteed to stay here with the COA, which voided the agreement. Personally I think that is why I didn't hear about it, it didn't get very far. Just because we lose one battle, we have to keep fighting.

Amen brother/sister.......keep up the good work! :shades:

So true, bro! We demanded that the company live up to another of THEIR part of the COA bargain. That's the attatchment where the company agreed not to outsource

the Powerhouse, Building Maintenance, and Waste Treatment, UNLESS we moved to a "greenfield" site. So, we live to fight another day.

IMHO, the best thing we can do is keep building the best gears & pumps @ the lowest cost, to show Ford they need us!

your opinion and mine John, we need to work hard every day to make the best parts in the best time we can, at least give the company pause to consider their ill conceived plan to give up control of the parts that make their cars, that make them money. Henry Ford is spinning in his grave, over this spin off component idea. Keep the faith my brother.

Henry Ford is spinning in his grave, over this spin off component idea.

Agreed. I can't imagine Henry EVER thinking that this would be a good idea! I think if he were still around, he'd probably go through the glass house with a sledgehammer!

Just from what we've seen locally, whenever we purchase a component that we used to make it ends up costing us more in the long run, quality is not as good and much harder to maintain than when it was in house (ex: RV lower housing Greenlees)

..........Maybe I just don't see the big picture, but I'm not entirely sure that I want to!

Agreed. I can't imagine Henry EVER thinking that this would be a good idea! I think if he were still around, he'd probably go through the glass house with a sledgehammer!

Just from what we've seen locally, whenever we purchase a component that we used to make it ends up costing us more in the long run, quality is not as good and much harder to maintain than when it was in house (ex: RV lower housing Greenlees)

..........Maybe I just don't see the big picture, but I'm not entirely sure that I want to!

If something seems logical, Ford does a "360" and will do it where it leaves everybody scratching their heads. Why would they give our RV business to another company where quality won't be as good and more then likely this company will raise the price of the gear and it will cost Ford more for a lower quality gear??

That is true with each purchased part that goes out...there is no doubt that we end up paying more in the long run. Look at where these parts go though...it seems every place these commodities go...there seems to be a Ford exec. that seems to follow or show up soon after an announcement to source work. :banghead:

If something seems logical, Ford does a "360" and will do it where it leaves everybody scratching their heads. Why would they give our RV business to another company where quality won't be as good and more then likely this company will raise the price of the gear and it will cost Ford more for a lower quality gear??

There is no doubt fatfrank......I think we may agree on something!! :banghead:

What about this......."I asked my committeeman about this today and he said yes, there was a petition going around about a month ago, it boiled down to TRW getting our business, some of which was guaranteed to stay here with the COA, which voided the agreement. Personally I think that is why I didn't hear about it, it didn't get very far. "......still never heard of this mysterious petition???

Fatfrank....I am trying to think back and I can never remember you being soooo upset. I must have hit a nerve and I am trying to figure out where?? Look...the detroit area was split into 2 different areas....East Side and West Side. I am not sure Indy has 2 plants in your area do they?? No....Why are you soooo upset over not knowing where I am from.....I am a 400 member. Hope that helps. I also know a lot of people from the Power Train Division from staff, so I usually hear all the latest and greatest. I usually do not post things if they are not true. SO I am trying to figure which one has you sooo upset?

No one cares who you are. But since you want to play the guessing game. let it begin. Based upon all the time you have on your hands I would have to guess that you must have an appointed job in the Union. I say this because you spend a lot of time running the members down and acting like a know it all. Since you seem to be appointed and seem to think you know everything that is going on in all the plants I figure you must be in the Ford department, probably one of the "wiz" kids, as you refer to the new group down there that works so much harder than all the other reps and seem to be proud of an agreement that does away with cost of living, 30 and out, inferior wages and benefits, and you seem to love all the Modern Operating agreements.

Now, your claim to being from the East side is probably accurrate, the East side of Jefferson Ave, which would be solidarity house, ass-clown, to use your favorite quote to people you don't agree with. :happy feet: :banghead:

No one cares who you are. But since you want to play the guessing game. let it begin. Based upon all the time you have on your hands I would have to guess that you must have an appointed job in the Union. I say this because you spend a lot of time running the members down and acting like a know it all. Since you seem to be appointed and seem to think you know everything that is going on in all the plants I figure you must be in the Ford department, probably one of the "wiz" kids, as you refer to the new group down there that works so much harder than all the other reps and seem to be proud of an agreement that does away with cost of living, 30 and out, inferior wages and benefits, and you seem to love all the Modern Operating agreements.

Now, your claim to being from the East side is probably accurrate, the East side of Jefferson Ave, which would be solidarity house, ass-clown, to use your favorite quote to people you don't agree with. :happy feet: :banghead:

Ouch !! LOL !! That little black book is just filling right up !!

Ouch !! LOL !! That little black book is just filling right up !!

And they wonder why the members get so upset and distrust the International and Locals.

:hysterical:

I think that it is pretty ironic that you've been a mmember of BON for a year and you save your one post just for me...thanks, but what I really think is that you have another alias on here maybe fatfrank(joined in the same time frame) or maybe local1111. Again I find it awful hard to believe that fatfrank didn't know anything about any petition, then someone from the plant asks a union official and what do you know...it is true......now someone new who has been a member for a yr comes on here like he knows me just to dig......coincidence...I don't think so!! Again I must have struck a nerve!!

Good luck to everyone in Indy!!

I think that it is pretty ironic that you've been a mmember of BON for a year and you save your one post just for me...thanks, but what I really think is that you have another alias on here maybe fatfrank(joined in the same time frame) or maybe local1111. Again I find it awful hard to believe that fatfrank didn't know anything about any petition, then someone from the plant asks a union official and what do you know...it is true......now someone new who has been a member for a yr comes on here like he knows me just to dig......coincidence...I don't think so!! Again I must have struck a nerve!!

Your Good Luck is like the kiss of death. Glad you caught on to me by now. I'm all of these posters, about 100 so far that don't seem to like how you talk down to everyone. Perhaps you also need reading glasses, I just heard they circulated a petition to do away with you within the UAW, you want to tell me you haven't heard of that petition?

Feeling Paranoid are you? Keep looking over your shoulder, one of these days it will come home to roost.

I made a lot of accounts on here years ago, so I could dig them up every so often to take my swipes at you.

Your Good Luck is like the kiss of death. Glad you caught on to me by now. I'm all of these posters, about 100 so far that don't seem to like how you talk down to everyone. Perhaps you also need reading glasses, I just heard they circulated a petition to do away with you within the UAW, you want to tell me you haven't heard of that petition?

Feeling Paranoid are you? Keep looking over your shoulder, one of these days it will come home to roost.

I made a lot of accounts on here years ago, so I could dig them up every so often to take my swipes at you.

I think it is hilarious that you seem to be in the know at Indy and didn't know anything of a petition or maybe you started the petition......I have never talked down to anyone except those who have talked bad about the UAW or talk rumors and lies. You claim mine was a rumor now someone from the plant posts that it is true. I heard that there were some promising to get rid of the COA...the same COA that kept you open until 2010. Just so that everyone that reads this is clear...your bashing and name calling and asking what plant I am from was to try and divert the issue. Sounds like you all were running on the same slate promising everyone that you would get rid of the COA. Too bad it didn't work. Nice to see that the members of Indy are letting your BS hinder their efforts in moving forward trying to make the decision to close, a tough one for Ford. Do your membership a favor and transfer!!

Edited by Captain723

You piece of Fck. I guess I'm not as smart as your faggott ass. You refuse to answer my question (not the first time)....a simple fcking question that would take you 5 seconds to type...about the same time it takes you to have sex with yourself. WHY can't you just give me an answer without these fcking "clues". You say you work on the "eastside".....every fcking city has an eastside dumbass. Be more specific or go jack yourself off....in 5 seconds. You can't come clean, you REFUSE to answer simple questions...what are you hiding? Why are you a fcking idiot? Oh..wait, you won't come clean on that question either because you REFUSE to come clean on any other question I ask..my bad. Fck off jerk.

Hey fatfrank.........someone just PMed me a copy of the petition....would like to see if your name is on it??

About a month ago the manager of RV had a meeting with us about TRW getting our business. She said that trw would be in the plant in a week or so to begin removing equipment and machines (using their people instead of our trades). I have not seen nor heard of anyone removing anything for trw. An outside company is also supposed to begin tear out of excess/obsolete machinery tonight on 1st Shift. I heard the rumor that they would be using our equipment (Hi-Los, Cranes, etc). Our Skilled trades BC told me that wouldn't happen, and that he is fighting to secure that work for our trades. I can hope that they card the outside workers for Union cards.