Oakville votes NO!!

uglymugs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a big supporter of the NO camp I am disappointed by the out come. However the majority spoke and I will swallow hard and wait to see what the outcome will be in 3 years. There is no sense beating each other up over percentages, all it took was 50% + 1 and it appears no matter how you add it up that was achieved. My own plant STAP is in trouble, has been for awhile but I am still hopeful we can still pull it out of the closure pile before 2011. I hope we can count on support from all our brothers and sisters in the coming years, we will need you. Thank all of you for coming out to vote. Stand strong CAW.

Go back and read your post I am referring to. That math BS you came up with for the 78....if you cant see what we see, then you are an idiot. Yeah before '94 . When math was mandatory and real. Not the bull they offer now.

A time and place ?! LOL ! You just confirmed your name with comments like those.

Well, if you didn't see what I was doing, (still with me) the first reports from the media come up with this number. Had me scratching my head, doing the correct math to come up with the same answer. It didn't work out. So, the only way the media could have come up with that 78% was to do averaging of the plants. Not the correct way. I think Sparky pointed that out, but instead of calling someone an idiot he did the math, as I had said earlier, hence the " before '94" post. A time and a place? Yeah, anytime, getting sick of wimps hiding behind this screen. My name? Identify me, smart ass. Oh and and Little Willy, my old lady beat the shit out of me........don't think your spanking will help, it would just piss me off more.

Ed.

Absolutely Dead On! Oakville doesn't know how lucky they really are! Go look at the want ads!

WRONG , THE LEADERSHIP RECOGNIZED A FEW YEARS AGO HOW THE MEMBERSHIP SHOULD HEAD TO KEEP OUR PLANT A SUCCESS STORY IN THE FORD CHAIN... IT WORKED!!!!!!! THE MAIN PROBLEM WE AS A MEMBERSHIP THOUGHT WE HAD DONE ENOUGH!!!!! AND IN OUR CURRENT SITUATION WE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE IN A POSITION TO RECEIVE GAIN NOT BE FROZEN OR TAKE STEPS BACK WARDS WE ANSWERED THE CALL IN 02,04 05 AND NOW IN 08 AND BECAUSE STAP AND WINDSOR STILL ARE UP IN THE AIR IT WILL BE HANGING OVER OUR HEADS IN 2011!

WRONG , THE LEADERSHIP RECOGNIZED A FEW YEARS AGO HOW THE MEMBERSHIP SHOULD HEAD TO KEEP OUR PLANT A SUCCESS STORY IN THE FORD CHAIN... IT WORKED!!!!!!! THE MAIN PROBLEM WE AS A MEMBERSHIP THOUGHT WE HAD DONE ENOUGH!!!!! AND IN OUR CURRENT SITUATION WE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE IN A POSITION TO RECEIVE GAIN NOT BE FROZEN OR TAKE STEPS BACK WARDS WE ANSWERED THE CALL IN 02,04 05 AND NOW IN 08 AND BECAUSE STAP AND WINDSOR STILL ARE UP IN THE AIR IT WILL BE HANGING OVER OUR HEADS IN 2011!

It's not just because of STAP and Windsor it's also because Ford wanted all new hires (500) or so at OAC on a 2 tiered wage system and the union fought that but this reduced rate for only 3 years is costing us consessions.

WE THOUGHT WE WOULD BE IN A POSITION TO RECEIVE GAIN NOT BE FROZEN OR TAKE STEPS BACK WARDS WE ANSWERED THE CALL IN 02,04 05 AND NOW IN 08 AND BECAUSE STAP AND WINDSOR STILL ARE UP IN THE AIR IT WILL BE HANGING OVER OUR HEADS IN 2011!

I dont' think it is fair to blame STAP and Windsor for our situation-there are a lot more problems in the barrel of the gun that we are staring into these days.

We can't forget that the people at those plants already stuck their necks out for us when we went into talks with the OTP hanging over our heads. If there is anybody out there who enjoyed the security of short work week benefits while on layoff for weeks on end, you don't have to look any further than Windsor to see a membership that was willing to go to bat for us in our time of need.

I agree that we will still be in a position where the sword is hanging over our heads in 2011-in fact I expect that unless there are significant changes that Ford is going to want something out of us every time they plan to upgrade a model in our plants, and that will probably be a whole lot sooner than 2011 my friends.

It was very discouraging listening to the fallout from people who are loosing their premium jobs and the rumors of the replacements yesterday at work, but as long as there is a full two tier labour system in the UAW, the company is going to bitch to get it out of us.

The day we give in to them will be the day you hear the final nail being pounded into the coffin of the American dream.

OAC's current situation isn't the only situation to be thought about. How many plants has ford idled or closed in the last couple of years. Chicago can build everything we have, or are going to get in the next few years, so suck it up.

Does anyone have the numbers as to how the vote went? Break down per local. There usually pretty quick to get that out.

All we know for sure is Oakville voted 56% against. Who counted these votes, Buzz?

It kills me how the media says the 78% yes vote was an overwhelming amount! I suppose they would say the same with the actual 67% yes vote? :redcard:

I was watching CH news at 6:00 and they reported that the results weren't available yet. Watched the show right until it ended, and never saw any story after the original "no info", so I don't know what he was watching.

Uh, I watched the 6:00pm news on CHCH Hamilton on Sunday and Maria Hayes did indeed report Oakville voted 56% NO. Unfortunately from now on I'll really have to second guess everything you type?

Uh, I watched the 6:00pm news on CHCH Hamilton on Sunday and Maria Hayes did indeed report Oakville voted 56% NO. Unfortunately from now on I'll really have to second guess everything you type?

OTP, I missed it too. Must have been when I went to the fridge to get a beer. :party:

Ed.