Possibly Stupid Question About Navigation System

fordcane

This might be a stupid question (3 acutally) but where do you get the mapping DVD with the map data for the system? Is there a charge for the map data/updates? Finally, are there any recurring charges related to it (I assume that the Sirius real time stuff is an additional charge)?

This might be a stupid question (3 acutally) but where do you get the mapping DVD with the map data for the system? Is there a charge for the map data/updates? Finally, are there any recurring charges related to it (I assume that the Sirius real time stuff is an additional charge)?

Hi fordcane. :D Well, you can order it from your Dealers Parts Department. You can order it here LINK: NAVTEQ from NAVTEQ, the company that makes it. You can also find them on Ebay for less, but they are usually not the newest version.

There is no recurring charge, other than the actual cost of the DVD for the newest version, if you decide to purchase one. And it is not necessary to purchase every new version, since most of the new information will not necessarily be useful to you. For example, I am not sure what version you have, but the newest is Version 7P.

And yes, Sirius radio has a recurring subscription fee.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Your link is for the Ford Edge, not the Escape or Mariner. The site shows nothing for the 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

Hi fordcane. :D Well, you can order it from your Dealers Parts Department. You can order it here LINK: NAVTEQ from NAVTEQ, the company that makes it. You can also find them on Ebay for less, but they are usually not the newest version.

There is no recurring charge, other than the actual cost of the DVD for the newest version, if you decide to purchase one. And it is not necessary to purchase every new version, since most of the new information will not necessarily be useful to you. For example, I am not sure what version you have, but the newest is Version 7P.

And yes, Sirius radio has a recurring subscription fee.

Hope this information helps.

Your link is for the Ford Edge, not the Escape or Mariner. The site shows nothing for the 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

Hi Transpower. Okay, is this easier? LINK: NAVTEQ

The site certainly does have the Mariner. I accidentally linked to the wron page on the site.

Even so, on my first link all a person needed to do was click on the "In Vehicle" drop down to find their particular vehicle. It is right there on the first page I linked.

Edited by bbf2530