Most Pathetic Local Web Page

qwerty1

For years our local web page has been "under construction". No pertinent information exists on this site. It is junk.

www.uaw862.org

Do us all a favor local 862. Put someone in charge of this project that knows what they are doing.

For years our local web page has been "under construction". No pertinent information exists on this site. It is junk.

www.uaw862.org

Do us all a favor local 862. Put someone in charge of this project that knows what they are doing.

You know i am kind of shock that we do not have some suck___s person appointed to this job, they have a person or two or three appointed to every other non-production job!!! The ones that hang out n the union office and suck up and laugh at what ever Scott says until they get appointed. :redcard::finger:

www.uaw862.org

It has been proposed here on BON within the last week, that any deficiencies in the dissemination of information at the local level, are the fault of it's members. It seems...it's your fault for not going to monthly meetings and demanding that it be fixed. Read about it in the thread entitled: For the desk of Bob King...

It used to be (way back when) Where most people lived very near where they worked. Their life revolved around work, the NEIGHBORHOOD. you lived, worked, shopped (Green grocer, butcher shop, dry goods etc.) , all were within walking distance. The union hall was also in the neighborhood. And for many union members it was a social club as well as meeting hall. People would go there after work to visit, exchange ideas and concerns. In today's world, how many live inside a mile of the plant they work at? Not many. And getting to the union hall is not as easy as it used to be, I know people that live up to 60 miles from work. We (the UAW) need to get up to speed with new technologies to help keep the members informed and part of union life.

It used to be (way back when) Where most people lived very near where they worked. Their life revolved around work, the NEIGHBORHOOD. you lived, worked, shopped (Green grocer, butcher shop, dry goods etc.) , all were within walking distance. The union hall was also in the neighborhood. And for many union members it was a social club as well as meeting hall. People would go there after work to visit, exchange ideas and concerns. In today's world, how many live inside a mile of the plant they work at? Not many. And getting to the union hall is not as easy as it used to be, I know people that live up to 60 miles from work. We (the UAW) need to get up to speed with new technologies to help keep the members informed and part of union life.

it makes me believe that they DONT want us to have information in a timely fashion. keeping us totally dependant on them is how they keep their power....you don't need to know anything, just know that they'll take care of you.

It has been proposed here on BON within the last week, that any deficiencies in the dissemination of information at the local level, are the fault of it's members. It seems...it's your fault for not going to monthly meetings and demanding that it be fixed. Read about it in the thread entitled: For the desk of Bob King...

it is a fact that the more people go to meetings and hold the leadership accountable the more you can get done,and if youre not in attendance you have yourself to blame for not getting the info that was put out at the meeting.im not sure this argument holds any water in this instance though.it seems to me that maybe there should be a commitee in charge of the web site and "pr" so to speak.

everyone has their own reasons why they dont go to meetings. at ktp the night shift works til 4:30 am and the meeting is at noon tuesday. most of us think this is on purpose,because even though things have gotten better lately,night shift is still the red headed step child of the plant.yeah yeah the first step towards changing it would be to attend meetings and complain i know.

Edited by gunnut69

www.uaw862.org

You weren't kidding, it is a web page, and not a websight. No active Links, just one pic, and the one page is an arrogant statement that it is home to our of our leader. Sh-t I put more content in my posts! :hysterical:

Here is a LINK to local 862's page!

Your right about the Links none of them work.

Here is a LINK to Local 900's sight!

This is a proper sight, I have to give our local leaders credit on this one. The have done a good job.

Here is a LINK to Local 2000's sight!

Edited by Furious1Auto