Ford Ka or Fiesta for canada

DRyanC

Anyone have news on a B-segment from Ford? I see Mexico has a bas Ka for $9,500 CDN converted. Where are the cars like that for us. All I want is something small to drive around town. I am currently in the market for a second car and would like something cheap, small and very good on fuel. I already have a ZX3 but would like somthing that gets better mileage. I keep thinking about a focus wagon but I hate the seats in a non ZX3 or 5 focus, might as well be a piece of card board folded at 90deg. Then I would like to have the 2.0 duratorq diesel with the six speed that over seas get. The new Honda Fit comes out soon but too expensive, check the American prices. A base Yaris from Toyota doesn't come with 60/40 split back seats. I haven't been able to find any Canadian news on a Mazda2. So again I must ask, wheres my Ka? Thanks

DRyanC

Anyone have news on a B-segment from Ford? I see Mexico has a bas Ka for $9,500 CDN converted. Where are the cars like that for us. All I want is something small to drive around town. I am currently in the market for a second car and would like something cheap, small and very good on fuel. I already have a ZX3 but would like somthing that gets better mileage. I keep thinking about a focus wagon but I hate the seats in a non ZX3 or 5 focus, might as well be a piece of card board folded at 90deg. Then I would like to have the 2.0 duratorq diesel with the six speed that over seas get. The new Honda Fit comes out soon but too expensive, check the American prices. A base Yaris from Toyota doesn't come with 60/40 split back seats. I haven't been able to find any Canadian news on a Mazda2. So again I must ask, wheres my Ka? Thanks

DRyanC

The States needs a B-Car also. To bad they have only realized it now. You will still have to wait a little longer. NA also needs the Fusion ( Smaller Escape ) sold everywhere else in the world.

Yes but:

yaris, no 60/40 split rear seat in the base models, 15,000 base too much

Fit, 15,000 base 20,000 for the sport, too much

accent, it's still a hyundai, 13,000 good price

rio5, not that bad, 13,000 good price, but Kia?

Wheres my fiesta, loaded one from mexico is 14,000 converted

all before taxes, MSRP

DRyanC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Nissan Versa looks like a good unit in many ways. Not the answer for every concern mind you, but a well thought out example of what's on the way. I'd love to see a funky sort of PTC, but with real Ford styling not a copy. Yes, you will say that it's niche, been done, who care? This is a wish, isn't it?

Rignht now you can get a Focus for the price of a B segment.. You can argue whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

The B segments were due out this or next Fall, but Edmunds reported in january they got pushed back a year... there should be 2-3 of them: Fiesta and Bronco are sure. Ford was still said to be contemplating the reflex, but for a while there was no news.... so we will have to see...

Ford will be behind the game, so their offerings better be good.

Igor