Rawsonville

raw2222

who is 'they'? the company that wants to survive? what are they conquering? the union has to work with the company, we cant take take take take without giving something back especially the way the u.s. auto industry is going.

They are the ones who unfairly allow the wrong people to keep working and lay off the people who have the right to work. Everyone wants the company and union to survive this mess with the most amount of jobs that they can. The truth is that we will be losing jobs. I am just saying that you need to be informed so that if you have the right to keep working--you keep working. I have seen it before where high seniority lose jobs and low seniority keep working. If you don't know that lower people than you have displaced you, you will not be able to fight for your position. That's all! Know your place in the pecking order!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the ones who unfairly allow the wrong people to keep working and lay off the people who have the right to work. Everyone wants the company and union to survive this mess with the most amount of jobs that they can. The truth is that we will be losing jobs. I am just saying that you need to be informed so that if you have the right to keep working--you keep working. I have seen it before where high seniority lose jobs and low seniority keep working. If you don't know that lower people than you have displaced you, you will not be able to fight for your position. That's all! Know your place in the pecking order!

you obviously dont understand that it doesnt make good business sense to get rid of entire shifts of people that know the jobs, like in cop or starter, the future of the plant.. and the same day bring in a shift of other people and expect them to pick up where they left off.. high seniority isnt losing jobs.. get your facts straight, they are mearly trying to get the lows out slowly and bring the highs back in and get trained rather then have a massive turn over and kill the jobs in there.. which i'm willing to be by the way that you put some of these highs on a couple of those starter jobs and they'll WISH they were in GEN

you obviously dont understand that it doesnt make good business sense to get rid of entire shifts of people that know the jobs, like in cop or starter, the future of the plant.. and the same day bring in a shift of other people and expect them to pick up where they left off.. high seniority isnt losing jobs.. get your facts straight, they are mearly trying to get the lows out slowly and bring the highs back in and get trained rather then have a massive turn over and kill the jobs in there.. which i'm willing to be by the way that you put some of these highs on a couple of those starter jobs and they'll WISH they were in GEN

Come on! Are you serious?? Everyone with experience is not low seniority in ANY department. There are NO jobs here that can't be learned very quickly and if you think there is ANYONE that can't be replaced immediately you are obviously very mistaken. If you think that your job can't be learned by anyone quickly then you must be a slow learner yourself. You had to learn it too remember? if it takes a while to learn when someone leaves, it will be fine. It's not like they are selling a lot of vehichles right now! You really need a wake up if you think any of us can't be replaced quick! Fall over dead--they will have your job running before they move you out of the way!

Come on! Are you serious?? Everyone with experience is not low seniority in ANY department. There are NO jobs here that can't be learned very quickly and if you think there is ANYONE that can't be replaced immediately you are obviously very mistaken. If you think that your job can't be learned by anyone quickly then you must be a slow learner yourself. You had to learn it too remember? if it takes a while to learn when someone leaves, it will be fine. It's not like they are selling a lot of vehichles right now! You really need a wake up if you think any of us can't be replaced quick! Fall over dead--they will have your job running before they move you out of the way!

and so its begins the j.g. magical mystery tour,hop on board the bus with jg,take one of his pills ,they make the trees look smaller.lets all sing along ,,,the wheels on the bus go round and round,you voteg j.g. in ,,,the wheels on .....why arent u all singing be happy u voted him in .come on lets try again ....round and round............

:banghead:

remember folks ..we all have but 1 THING...SENORITY...thats makes us all equal.   and if anyone in any shape or forms is VIOLATING that.... we have options . obviously this is above plant level since this false gen was made there .next steps...1.region if no help 2 international. if no help  nlrb eeoc .im sure someone would love to here from us ALL COLLECTVELY ...and yes im yelling
. ive been doing it for a while,, u didnt want to listen   

:stats:

and so its begins the j.g. magical mystery tour,hop on board the bus with jg,take one of his pills ,they make the trees look smaller.lets all sing along ,,,the wheels on the bus go round and round,you voteg j.g. in ,,,the wheels on .....why arent u all singing be happy u voted him in .come on lets try again ....round and round............

:banghead:

Edited by chriper

remember folks ..we all have but 1 THING...SENORITY...thats makes us all equal.   and if anyone in any shape or forms is VIOLATING that.... we have options . obviously this is above plant level since this false gen was made there .next steps...1.region if no help 2 international. if no help  nlrb eeoc .im sure someone would love to here from us ALL COLLECTVELY ...and yes im yelling
. ive been doing it for a while,, u didnt want to listen   

:stats:

THESE FUCKING PEOPLE ON HERE WHO BASH GODDARD ARE STUPID. THAT GUY HAS DONE EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO KEEP US IN A JOB AND FIND MORE JOBS FOR THE PLANT. THIS GEN POOL THING IS NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING JOEL HAS DONE. WHEN YOU THINK GEN POOL THINK OF YOUR NEIGHBORS THAT OWN HONDAS AND THE GAS PRICES. WHO ELSE WOULD YOU WANT AS YOUR PLANT CHAIR. HOW ABOUT THE GUY WHO LET YPSI GO OR THE GENUIS AT SALINE OR MILAN OR ANY OF THE ACH PLANTS. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE AND STOP BLAMING GODDARD FOR THE WAYS OF THE WORLD.

THESE FUCKING PEOPLE ON HERE WHO BASH GODDARD ARE STUPID. THAT GUY HAS DONE EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO KEEP US IN A JOB AND FIND MORE JOBS FOR THE PLANT. THIS GEN POOL THING IS NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING JOEL HAS DONE. WHEN YOU THINK GEN POOL THINK OF YOUR NEIGHBORS THAT OWN HONDAS AND THE GAS PRICES. WHO ELSE WOULD YOU WANT AS YOUR PLANT CHAIR. HOW ABOUT THE GUY WHO LET YPSI GO OR THE GENUIS AT SALINE OR MILAN OR ANY OF THE ACH PLANTS. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE AND STOP BLAMING GODDARD FOR THE WAYS OF THE WORLD.

Gen is contractual--favoritism is not. Tell me how stupid I am when his games directly affect you and your family! he has done good things--I give him that and always have! It is what he is elected to do!!! I won't take away what he has done right, I am only trying to help keep my fellow 898 members informed. You don't like it--piss off!

this is why joel gets away with his shit I can t believe you said that. STUPID is right joel did not save anything you ass look around everything you see belongs to ypsi.

If it wasn't for the ypsi work we would be at a plant closing instead we are in the middle of a ypsi transfer of operations. All of the other plants that you named because they

are at ach plants are getting chances to return to a real Ford plant. Where are you??????????? Saline has less than 100 production people, they have all been placed

how many do we have left?????? Ypsi they got flow back sheets could come to Rawsonville or take the buy out. Ypsi their people have transferred inzone all over Ford

Mtr co. with flow back. Those that chose to come to Rawsonville came. Those that chose to take the buyout left. What choices were you given?????????

So don't sit there and tell me that Joel has saved my job, because where I sit the only thing I see Joel has saved is his own $200,000. a year job. It is people like

you that make me understand why we are all FUCKED!!!! It is people like you that vote yes and FUCK all of us. Instead of being named a plant closing and being

allowed to leave here you sit waiting , wondering, hoping and for God sake blaming Gas. We are talking about getting out of Rawsonville, Joel has turned this into

a cluster Fuck. He uses terms like "Seniority imbalance" in all of my years I have never heard of such a term. Joel and all his wisdom could not save one line that

Rawsonville had. You should be very grateful that the Ypsi plant chairman saved his work. And we were in the right location to receive their work. I personally

wish we were named as a plant closing so I could be gone to another maybe Ford facility, we will be gone either way you better hope all the inzone jobs are not

taken. Or you can thank Joel when you are shoveling the snow in Buffalo!!!!!!!! And please for future reference and votes please be out of town. Because you hurt

all of us.

your hero put his fav70 out on long term tlo

were u 1? in march came 500 prod` bids did u get 1,?

no.. cuz no gen. he took ur choice from u. he thinks he can

think better for u then u can.

last i checked when i was old enuf to vote and die for my country

i got to .think for myself and have the rite to

make my own choices

and not be sold out so someone can influence an election for him

and his group of non thinking children

just remember when u load the station wagon and head

to k.c. or buffalo how great the choices were u got to make

so snif some more die slick and shut the f up....remember ur song

wheels on the bus...check that... station wagon go round and round ...round and round

j.g. did my thinking for me ..round and round

this is why joel gets away with his shit I can t believe you said that. STUPID is right joel did not save anything you ass look around everything you see belongs to ypsi.

If it wasn't for the ypsi work we would be at a plant closing instead we are in the middle of a ypsi transfer of operations. All of the other plants that you named because they

are at ach plants are getting chances to return to a real Ford plant. Where are you??????????? Saline has less than 100 production people, they have all been placed

how many do we have left?????? Ypsi they got flow back sheets could come to Rawsonville or take the buy out. Ypsi their people have transferred inzone all over Ford

Mtr co. with flow back. Those that chose to come to Rawsonville came. Those that chose to take the buyout left. What choices were you given?????????

So don't sit there and tell me that Joel has saved my job, because where I sit the only thing I see Joel has saved is his own $200,000. a year job. It is people like

you that make me understand why we are all FUCKED!!!! It is people like you that vote yes and FUCK all of us. Instead of being named a plant closing and being

allowed to leave here you sit waiting , wondering, hoping and for God sake blaming Gas. We are talking about getting out of Rawsonville, Joel has turned this into

a cluster Fuck. He uses terms like "Seniority imbalance" in all of my years I have never heard of such a term. Joel and all his wisdom could not save one line that

Rawsonville had. You should be very grateful that the Ypsi plant chairman saved his work. And we were in the right location to receive their work. I personally

wish we were named as a plant closing so I could be gone to another maybe Ford facility, we will be gone either way you better hope all the inzone jobs are not

taken. Or you can thank Joel when you are shoveling the snow in Buffalo!!!!!!!! And please for future reference and votes please be out of town. Because you hurt

all of us.

Excellent post! So glad someone out there gets what I am saying. I guess I don't explain well enough! The truth is at Rawsonville--the only thing that can protect you is the international contract--so know it!!!

just remember when u load the station wagon and head

to k.c. or buffalo how great the choices were u got to make

so snif some more die slick and shut the f up....remember ur song

wheels on the bus...check that... station wagon go round and round ...round and round

j.g. did my thinking for me ..round and round

Good post--too bad so many people are under his spell and don't believe they will get seriously screwed in the end! Keep explaining, maybe they will listen to you. all they think I am doing is bashing joel! If that was the case I certainly woudn't tell them to learn their pights because-like joel- I wouldn't care about them!

Good post--too bad so many people are under his spell and don't believe they will get seriously screwed in the end! Keep explaining, maybe they will listen to you. all they think I am doing is bashing joel! If that was the case I certainly woudn't tell them to learn their pights because-like joel- I wouldn't care about them!

our rights are based on 2 things contract and seniority.

those 2 things are what make us all equal. and any

person who denies us either has there own

personal agenda

personal agenda

TOUCHE!! THAT IS ALL I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO EXPRESS!!!

personal agenda

and fastballs rite WHAT THA HELL IS SENIORITY INBALANCE

MY COPYS OF ALL CONTRACTS AND LETTERS ONLY HAS ONE WORD........SENIORITY.....

and fastballs rite WHAT THA HELL IS SENIORITY INBALANCE

MY COPYS OF ALL CONTRACTS AND LETTERS ONLY HAS ONE WORD........SENIORITY.....

and what....no level or captain here? where are the chirppers of all things contractual

when it really has life altering meaning. its amazing when u ask people to step up

those who boast about how they do run like little girls

TOUCHE!! THAT IS ALL I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO EXPRESS!!!

Well lets see we have no local agreement and its only been how many months they started july of 07 and it is now june of 08.

After reading joels letter today we have lost are seniorty rights people with 30 years are in gen and people with 4 years are working.

HE called it seniorty imbalance what the fuck is that. I guess what he is saying is the older workers are to DUMB to go to outher lines.

His wizz kids and supporters should stay out of line of seniority. But as he states only for a short time LOL when has rawson ever done

anything in a short time. They have to have 50 meetings go to black lake hit pine creek a dozen times go golfing all over the state and

we still won't know a fucking thing. One thing is for sure we are at a 14 dollor go holler plant all production has to leave to get knew work.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Well lets see we have no local agreement and its only been how many months they started july of 07 and it is now june of 08.

After reading joels letter today we have lost are seniorty rights people with 30 years are in gen and people with 4 years are working.

HE called it seniorty imbalance what the fuck is that. I guess what he is saying is the older workers are to DUMB to go to outher lines.

His wizz kids and supporters should stay out of line of seniority. But as he states only for a short time LOL when has rawson ever done

anything in a short time. They have to have 50 meetings go to black lake hit pine creek a dozen times go golfing all over the state and

we still won't know a fucking thing. One thing is for sure we are at a 14 dollor go holler plant all production has to leave to get knew work.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Can someone post what the letter says that was put out today, just the highlights maybe....I am assuming that it explains how high seniority gets FUCKED and put in GEN while low seniority gets to keep working.Wondering if anyone had called International on this?Rawsonville is the 3rd plant I have worked at,and this is some shady shit if you ask me.

and what....no level or captain here? where are the chirppers of all things contractual

when it really has life altering meaning. its amazing when u ask people to step up

those who boast about how they do run like little girls

maybe level and captain r so busy on there secret squirrel web site ,they dont have time for us

common folk living the real plant life ,trying to support r families, and actually trying to live by the contract

so we all have the same chance and choice, gee do the words union and solidarty come to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone post what the letter says that was put out today, just the highlights maybe....I am assuming that it explains how high seniority gets FUCKED and put in GEN while low seniority gets to keep working.Wondering if anyone had called International on this?Rawsonville is the 3rd plant I have worked at,and this is some shady shit if you ask me.

letter is all over the plant singed j.g. left in all break areas ,all tool boxes

letter is all over the plant singed j.g. left in all break areas ,all tool boxes

Reason I am asking for the letter is bcs I am on TLO and out of the loop.Isn't that nice.I was told by labor that everyone on TLO would be going into GEN on monday.All of diesel starter is on TLO, so that means all of diesel will be going in GEN on monday.So that wipes out an entire department.Who will run the line, and what kind of sense does that make with regard to quality,etc for those of you with that argument?

Here is the letter: UPDATE FROM YOUR BARGAINING COMMITTEE

Because of all of the concerns and questions that are coming up as a result of Rawsonville forming a non-skilled JSP pool as of June 16th, your committee is putting this bulletin out. While this won't answer all the questions and concerns, we hope this helps to clarify some of the actions that are taking place.

Due to the discontinuing of a number of products including Alternators, Injectors, Die cast, Machinining, and the phasing out of Area A products and Fuel Pump, Rawsonville was forsed into a JSP (or GEN pool as it was previously referred to) beginning June 16th. ecause of the number of people involved, and the fact that many of the people with less seniority are placed in jobs all over the plant, the original placement of employees into the JSP may result in what is referred to as a "seniority imbalance". This simply means higher seniority people may be placed TEMPORARILY into JSP while lower seniority employees may be working. By the establishment of this JSP , EVERY Rawsonville employee, whether in JSP or not, will be eligible to bid on jobs that will be opening up in the near future at various Ford facilities. Your Local Union wanted to offer that opportunity to everyone here, so we were able to negotiate with management, this JSP pool. Our next job is to get the lowest seniority employees into the JSP in proper order and we will attempt to do that as quickly as possible.

The original pklan of placing employees on TLO until shutdown was changed because of the immediate need of Ford to place people at some of their locations,. People who are placed into JSP have 2 pay options.

The first is to report to Local 898 on Monday at 7 AM and remain there daily, and be compensated by Ford at 100% of the wages you are currently makin, less shift premium.

The second is not to report, and stay at home, and be compensated by Ford at 85% of your gross pay, less shift premium.

Either choice will yield the employee more than being on TLO, and will not require separate checks from Unemployment and SUB. If you are interested in the 85% stay at home pay, you must sign a form in Labor Relations indicating that option and you must realize that YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR MIND. Once you are on the 85% option , the only way that can be changed is when you go to another Ford facility, or report back to work at Rawsonville. If you report to the Local and receive the 100% option, you CAN go to the 85% option at any time, but again once you do, it is not revocable. The "seniority imbalanced" people who are in JSP are eligible for both of these options, but need to understand that they will remain in JSP only for a shor period of time until they are replaced by the lowest seniority employees in the building. Again we expect this to happen very soon. While this does not answer all the questiona and concerns that exist, hopefully this will clear up some of the "rumors" that have been floating around. There will be and informational meeting at Local 898 at 7 AM Monday morning, June 16, for those affected employees who choose the 100% option.

Respectfully in Solidarity,

Joel Goddard Local 898 Chairperson

Here is the letter: UPDATE FROM YOUR BARGAINING COMMITTEE

Because of all of the concerns and questions that are coming up as a result of Rawsonville forming a non-skilled JSP pool as of June 16th, your committee is putting this bulletin out. While this won't answer all the questions and concerns, we hope this helps to clarify some of the actions that are taking place.

Due to the discontinuing of a number of products including Alternators, Injectors, Die cast, Machinining, and the phasing out of Area A products and Fuel Pump, Rawsonville was forsed into a JSP (or GEN pool as it was previously referred to) beginning June 16th. ecause of the number of people involved, and the fact that many of the people with less seniority are placed in jobs all over the plant, the original placement of employees into the JSP may result in what is referred to as a "seniority imbalance". This simply means higher seniority people may be placed TEMPORARILY into JSP while lower seniority employees may be working. By the establishment of this JSP , EVERY Rawsonville employee, whether in JSP or not, will be eligible to bid on jobs that will be opening up in the near future at various Ford facilities. Your Local Union wanted to offer that opportunity to everyone here, so we were able to negotiate with management, this JSP pool. Our next job is to get the lowest seniority employees into the JSP in proper order and we will attempt to do that as quickly as possible.

The original pklan of placing employees on TLO until shutdown was changed because of the immediate need of Ford to place people at some of their locations,. People who are placed into JSP have 2 pay options.

The first is to report to Local 898 on Monday at 7 AM and remain there daily, and be compensated by Ford at 100% of the wages you are currently makin, less shift premium.

The second is not to report, and stay at home, and be compensated by Ford at 85% of your gross pay, less shift premium.

Either choice will yield the employee more than being on TLO, and will not require separate checks from Unemployment and SUB. If you are interested in the 85% stay at home pay, you must sign a form in Labor Relations indicating that option and you must realize that YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR MIND. Once you are on the 85% option , the only way that can be changed is when you go to another Ford facility, or report back to work at Rawsonville. If you report to the Local and receive the 100% option, you CAN go to the 85% option at any time, but again once you do, it is not revocable. The "seniority imbalanced" people who are in JSP are eligible for both of these options, but need to understand that they will remain in JSP only for a shor period of time until they are replaced by the lowest seniority employees in the building. Again we expect this to happen very soon. While this does not answer all the questiona and concerns that exist, hopefully this will clear up some of the "rumors" that have been floating around. There will be and informational meeting at Local 898 at 7 AM Monday morning, June 16, for those affected employees who choose the 100% option.

Respectfully in Solidarity,

Joel Goddard Local 898 Chairperson

Thanks for the letter, you are awesome.Sounds like a bunch of BS if you ask me.It's nice to know we can at least count on each other in these trying times.Thanks again for posting the letter for folks that are out on TLO.SOLIDARITY RULZ

Reason I am asking for the letter is bcs I am on TLO and out of the loop.Isn't that nice.I was told by labor that everyone on TLO would be going into GEN on monday.All of diesel starter is on TLO, so that means all of , i would post it diesel will be going in GEN on monday.So that wipes out an entire department.Who will run the line, and what kind of sense does that make with regard to quality,etc for those of you with that argument?
get ahold of someone in plant tomorrow or come in letters all over the plant

i would post it for but i threw it away ,,i will make it a point to bring home and post tomorrow