FORD FIESTA PRODUCTION TO BEGIN IN EARLY 2010; EUROPEAN HATCHBACK ADDED FOR NORTH AMERICA

range

It's a legitimate concern Nick, you can verify my points with a quick visit to any Mitsu dealership.

That's what I used to think, UNTIL I saw the first spy shots of the Mazda3.

Just a bunch of trivial upgrades that barely changed the foundation (C1) - hell, even Ford isn't calling it C2 for a reason.

Go sit inside a Lancer, then get into a Mazda3. Nuff said. It looks and feels narrower, shorter, less spacious, etc.

And it will continue to look and feel that way, mark my words. That's why something much more drastic than a reskin is needed for the other C1 products.

And Britney Spears sold millions of CD's... what's your point? Last time I checked the Corolla is still outselling it. Guess the more something sucks, the more americans will like it.

And yes, next to the '08 C1 Focus, it does suck major balls.

Umm...as far as I'm aware, the refreshed Mazda3 is not using the upgraded platform. So all comparisons between the 3 and the Focus are moot.

IMHO cars like the MKS, the new F150 and the Flex will add little to the bottom line.

I agree. They are not efficient enough for todays gas prices.

EcoBoost is being "handled" by the marketing folks as a way of "freezing" the market and hopefully holding onto existing and some future customers by saying, "Hey, look that this cool new technology that we have coming out 'real soon now'. Don't buy anything today, because you'll be sorry you didn't wait !"

Funny part is, there is NOTHING new about this technology. It is old. There is no reason why it is taking this long to get these engines out. Once again, Ford is dragging their feet.

Funny part is, there is NOTHING new about this technology. It is old. There is no reason why it is taking this long to get these engines out. Once again, Ford is dragging their feet.

Yup. They are delaying Ecoboost on purpose. Just to annoy you. :rolleyes:

"Wonder if the current updated C1 will make an appearance in any way. "

Um, does anyone really read the news anymore? The C346 is the next gen Focus, and will use parts of C1. Oh, and BTW, the C1 Focus is uglier than sin. Looks like a 1981 Chevy Citation. Would have belly flopped, and the chorus of "Americans are too dumb" would be all over the net.

Another BTW the "...Britney Spears sold millions of CD's" anaolgy is outdated. What year do you think this is? Y2K was 8 years ago, an eternity. Spears' last release was a bomb according to the recording industry. Even the term 'CD' is outdated, kids have iPods now, where have you been? Shows that some really do not "know everything".

When their favorite car sells, they yell, "people have spoken", when a car they dislike sells, they then say "the more something sucks, the more americans will like it."

Edited by 630land

"Wonder if the current updated C1 will make an appearance in any way. "

Um, does anyone really read the news anymore? The C346 is the next gen Focus, and will use parts of C1. Oh, and BTW, the C1 Focus is uglier than sin. Looks like a 1981 Chevy Citation. Would have belly flopped, and the chorus of "Americans are too dumb" would be all over the net.

Another BTW the "...Britney Spears sold millions of CD's" anaolgy is outdated. What year do you think this is? Y2K was 8 years ago, an eternity. Spears' last release was a bomb according to the recording industry. Even the term 'CD' is outdated, kids have iPods now, where have you been? Shows that some really do not "know everything".

When their favorite car sells, they yell, "people have spoken", when a car they dislike sells, they then say "the more something sucks, the more americans will like it."

You're an insane shill, the C1 Focus is a beautiful car, probably the best small car ever made in human history.. :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

UNTIL I saw the first spy shots of the Mazda3.

Guess the more something sucks, the more americans will like it.

1) Yeah. Ford is busy running around prototypes of C2 vehicles three years before it launches.

2) Maybe you should stop and think that through. McDonald's. Denny's. Boy bands. The Camry. The Corolla. Hmmmmmmm............. Maybe, just MAYBE you're finally beginning to understand what works here.

Funny part is, there is NOTHING new about this technology. It is old.

You are not telling me anything ! I worked on PROCO in 1979-80 !

There is no reason why it is taking this long to get these engines out.

Well I disagree here.

First, sticking another "hole in the head" ain't easy. Especially if you have 4 valves and a spark plug already. I expect it is a major tear up to the head machining line.

Second, well now that Ford is out of the engine controls business, they have to wait in line with the rest of Bosch's customers to get their "nose wiped". Its pitiful how no one from Bosch US can make any decision or do anything with contacting "the Father Land !"

Edited by theoldwizard