Heard a good one

nvsked

Heard a rumor that Ford wants to open the contract and ask for wage reductions. Also heard Ford gave out large bonuses to LL-6 - LL-4 managers in March, in preparation of the wage cuts. The glass house figured it maybe a while before it could offer raises to the management team, so they wanted to take care of boys & girls first, then go after hourly wages. Supposedly Gettelfinger is aware of the bonuses...

Like Nancy Regan said......just say NO to stupidity :censored:

Its not if but WHEN they will open it up!!

Any buydown to $22-24 an hour should come with the $105K like Delphi got up front as in NOW not spread out over 3 years!!!

And a $ 10K bonus just to open it up!!!

There gonna layoff people and its all market related which means u get 1 year and your finished!!

Read the contract letters GEN will not last long with 10-15K people in it!!

As far as the truck plants I bet each one will loose a shift totaling 3 shifts and this will effect transmission plants, engine and part plants were talking about 10K right there!!

GM wasn't planning on shuting down any plants either so dont think ford wont do it!!

I also believe they will come after our wages eventually. We all know they will restructure at least twice during our new contract. When they open the contract, plant closures will be announced along with attacking our wages. Since our pension is entirely based on years of service and our hourly rate, I can not agree to any pay cut...and will not. Even if they only ask for a 10% cut, I still vote HELL NO!

That will be the day I sign up for a buyout when they come after our wages.

• 3 weeks later...
Its not if but WHEN they will open it up!!

Any buydown to $22-24 an hour should come with the $105K like Delphi got up front as in NOW not spread out over 3 years!!!

And a $ 10K bonus just to open it up!!!

There gonna layoff people and its all market related which means u get 1 year and your finished!!

Read the contract letters GEN will not last long with 10-15K people in it!!

As far as the truck plants I bet each one will loose a shift totaling 3 shifts and this will effect transmission plants, engine and part plants were talking about 10K right there!!

GM wasn't planning on shuting down any plants either so dont think ford wont do it!!

I agree to an extent except I don't think the buydown should be more than 6 bucks an hour and if they want to make payments over 3 years then the cuts should also be over three yrs. 2 dollars the first year 2 more the 2nd and so on. That would give us time to adjust to the new wage. I wonder if they have ever considered doing something like this on a voluntary basis. Your already gonna have 2 tiers why not 3?