2008 or 2009 Escape?

jam66

Would it be better to try and work a deal with the rebates and X Plan on an '08 escape or is the upgrades on the '09 worth the wait and extra money. My Ford salesman said it was better to lease at the beginning of of a model year beause the residual vale of the '09 would be higher. So I'm not sure if you took an equally "speced" Escape , which would be the better deal.

more powerful and smoother engine/tranny. better fuel economy. sync. standard cruise control. plus a new version of the nav system.

not sure what the current rebates are but, if the rebates are only like 2000-3000 then i would wait for the 09. if your talking insane rebates like 5k then pull a trigger on an 08

you may be looking at delayed production on the 09s, usually they are coming in within june or july, but i'm hearing that they aren't even pulling orders yet.

SO

if you don't mind spending a little more

and

have some time to wait

the 09 is the better purchase, HANDS DOWN. 6-speed automatic, better aerodynamics, larger 4cyl, improved v-6...better gas mileage AND more horsepower...nice!

Just ordered an 09 FEH Limited last week. My dealer in Atlanta had already special ordered and received a MMH last week. Order to delivery was 5 weeks (per the dealer). Ford pulls orders on Thursday so I'll report back when (and if) my order is pulled.

09 should be your choice. More horsepower, refinements in hybrid technology to smooth out electric to gas starts, Sync v2.0 is available, limited version is available that adds all options but Nav. In Atlanta, I checked all dealers and there are no 08's to buy. Plus with a new model year out, you should really buy the new model year (your car is "treated" like it's a year old from a depreciation standpoint).