OAC News

otp

Edge needs at least 20" wheels and a supercharger to get away from Trimdingman.

"This Trimdimgshit is making us all look stupid. We all should block him out." I don't GIVE A FUCK. Go ahead. Then I am the winner.

All religions are bullshit.

There are multible universes.

I am a better poet than you.

Edge, I am waiting for your response.

Come back. I could teach you about the Latin subjunctive mood or mean free space, or the diffential equation. I could show you the real super-universe. It is so elegant. It really is. I have theories which challenge conventional knowledge. Let me share them with you.

Edited by Trimdingman

For the Trimdingbat haters here's a tip:

Go into "My Controls" and look under options for "Manage Ignored Users" and you can put his name on your "Blocked Users" list. Hit submit and then you no longer have to see his spewage. You end up with this instead on all his "useful" posts.

You have chosen to ignore all useless posts from: Trimdingbat.

Done.. Now I cant see what that twit types anymore..

Thanks so much.

perfect i see were all finally catching on even though you want to just don't respond to anything that is not oac news good job everyone.

so is there anymore news about what's happening there what's the latest you guys are hearing about people being called back.

Talked to a few "higher ups" yesterday said third shift by jan 08. Sorry if that gives any false hope.

Talked to a few "higher ups" yesterday said third shift by jan 08. Sorry if that gives any false hope.

I am also starting to hear from different sources that January is when we get called back. Now the question is, is it a third shift or are they just going to add people to the line? i.e. More stations and bring back the relief men?

I am also starting to hear from different sources that January is when we get called back. Now the question is, is it a third shift or are they just going to add people to the line? i.e. More stations and bring back the relief men?

Third shift. They will be manned and running as though they were building the Flex. Since they will not be building the Flex until April they will be building too many units, so expect some down weeks Jan. thru Mar. After that it should be full speed ahead.

Third shift. They will be manned and running as though they were building the Flex. Since they will not be building the Flex until April they will be building too many units, so expect some down weeks Jan. thru Mar. After that it should be full speed ahead.

Does this mean that we will be on a 24hr rotation with possible OT Saturdays?

Does this mean that we will be on a 24hr rotation with possible OT Saturdays?

Yes. They can make us work up to 48 hours. They cannot run on Saturdays on long week-ends. They can run anytime using volunteers. If demand warrants, they may go to three crews. Then the mid-night shift becomes the weekend shift. Before that happens, they will run Saturdays. I see some Saturdays after April launch. They are planning to bring in 100 students in the summer, and are going to offer 25 packages to skilled trades. Right now, their position on packages for us is that there will be enough work here for everyone. The other plants have to be accomodated first. If they don't get enough takers, then we will get some packages. I would like at some point to see the laid-off workers who lost re-call rights offered jobs, too, especially since they plan to hire students.

As for tag relief, I don't know what the plan is. If it were up to me, I would hold off on that for as long as possible because it negatively impacts quality. If there is a repair, the operator can blame the reliefman; and also, the reliefman is not on average going to do the job as well as the regular operator. The way a reliefman works, if different from the regular operator, could affect other operations in the area. His attitude, or others' attitudes toward him could upset the decorum as he passes through the area. If he is an affable person, he could have a positive impact, but he may be taken advantage of or abused. Then you could have a division between people defending him and abusing him. The line is very sensitive. The fall-out from the slightest disruption is costly.

Edited by Trimdingman

wow guys thanks for the updates us layoff guys really appreciate when you guys have any news regarding what's going on in the plant since you guys know first hand what's really going on thanks guys keep the updates coming.

Some people want to shut me up. They must be company men.

Edited by Trimdingman

For the Trimdingbat haters here's a tip:

Go into "My Controls" and look under options for "Manage Ignored Users" and you can put his name on your "Blocked Users" list. Hit submit and then you no longer have to see his spewage. You end up with this instead on all his "useful" posts.

You have chosen to ignore all useless posts from: Trimdingbat.

I think we all owe you a coffee or beer for that helpful hint. :beerchug:

I think we all owe you a coffee or beer for that helpful hint. :beerchug:

Amen brother!

Thanks from me as well. I just put the idiot on my list and it feels great.

Now I would like to make one more suggestion. Please do not quote the idiot in any posts as that is almost as bad as replying to him. If we keep on ignoring him he will be gone in about ten years! Maybe.... :hysterical: :hysterical:

Ya azzurri nothing official but it looks like a pretty good chance so just hang in there. But I also heard that the launch crew is going back to detroit (or just to launch team in-house) in the near future I think 47 people, so maybe some calls backs might come sooner :shrug: in this place who knows.

Good job to everyone at the plant.Sales of Ford’s all-new and redesigned crossovers spiked 96 percent in September; year-to-date sales were up 52 percent. Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX post highest retail sales to date. :happy feet: I just hope they dont wait last minute to get things organized for the flex.Problem is thats managements way of doing things... :finger:

Edited by outlawperf