OAC News

otp

I agree allford...I think it'll be years before anymore workers are needed at Ford in Canada...though hard time mentioning Trim as he is part of that problem.Guys like Trim are very good for Ford as he is a 2nd tier worker already but he doesn't see the favour he is doing Ford by staying.It sucks for us older guys that were getting close to retire but things will work out down here for us.The younger worker in Stap might have alot tougher go on his hands as there is huge changes coming for them looking for any kind of decent paying job.

Ford wants me to go. I am staying for my own reasons. Changes are coming, yes. I wouldn't want to be on a fixed pension during the coming upheaval. The union has destroyed our pension indexing by screwing the new hires. They are going to be an angry lot, also when the SUB fund is dry because of the buy-outs. The next downturn, which is just around the corner, is going to be a lot worse than the one we just had. At some point, the dollar is going to crash, and pensions and savings; anything paper will be worthless. It is nice to dream about retiring and living an idyllic life, but it is just a dream. It is not going to happen.

Edited by Trimdingman

Ford wants me to go. I am staying for my own reasons. Changes are coming, yes. I wouldn't want to be on a fixed pension during the coming upheaval. The union has destroyed our pension indexing by screwing the new hires. They are going to be an angry lot, also when the SUB fund is dry because of the buy-outs. The next downturn, which is just around the corner, is going to be a lot worse than the one we just had. At some point, the dollar is going to crash, and pensions and savings; anything paper will be worthless. It is nice to dream about retiring and living an idyllic life, but it is just a dream. It is not going to happen.

Just a change of subject but when is the next shut down, I know its in August just not sure of the week.. Thanks

Yep, it happened. Our CAW local pres issued a flyer stating the facts on one side and a copy of his letter to VP of Ford regarding this blatant disregard to our workforce.

It is the union that has more explaining to do than the company. They are just trying to shift the blame.

The auto industry in general is shifting to a more youth-oriented workplace. They have outsourced all of the jobs traditionally performed by more senior workers; thereby forcing them into more strenuous jobs, or out the door. This violates the spirit of the Human Rights code. Outsourcing should be done across the spectrum. One segment should not be given extra attention. That smacks of age discrimination. Whole departments, whose members average close to thirty years' seniority have been outsourced. This needs to be looked into and addressed. With the baby boomer generation reaching this plateau; maybe there will finally be some justice and respect for age.

It is the union that has more explaining to do than the company. They are just trying to shift the blame.

The auto industry in general is shifting to a more youth-oriented workplace. They have outsourced all of the jobs traditionally performed by more senior workers; thereby forcing them into more strenuous jobs, or out the door. This violates the spirit of the Human Rights code. Outsourcing should be done across the spectrum. One segment should not be given extra attention. That smacks of age discrimination. Whole departments, whose members average close to thirty years' seniority have been outsourced. This needs to be looked into and addressed. With the baby boomer generation reaching this plateau; maybe there will finally be some justice and respect for age.

Why don't YOU do something....you seem aware of every issue and you also seem to have a resolution to the worlds problems, step up, get noticed, rally your legions and conduct a cleansing of all our ills. Or are you already have an action plan that involves BON???

To quote a true mastermind "This is the earth. And this is Pinky. You can tell the difference quite easily. One is a lump of inert matter hurtling blindly through the void. The other... is the earth""post-223-015126700 1281651730_thumb.gif

Edited by charly

Why don't YOU do something....you seem aware of every issue and you also seem to have a resolution to the worlds problems, step up, get noticed, rally your legions and conduct a cleansing of all our ills. Or are you already have an action plan that involves BON???

I do that every day. When I bring out the truth, it spreads like wildfire. Lies and indoctrination will die out unless they are constantly stoked. That is why there are churches and union halls. I don't indoctrinate, just put the truth out there. I turn on lightbulbs above people's heads. Once I try to lead, I become what I am against. People can see the truth themselves once they break out of the shell of indoctrination.

Edited by Trimdingman

Once I try to lead, I become what I am against. .

No, that's a cop out. Leadership takes effort; and that even includes poor leadership. Having no accountability is easy.

Spouting crackpot drivel anonymously using a pseudonym on an internet forum does nothing to enact change; it is no different than these anonymous letters that show up in the cafeterias and changerooms at 5am.

No, that's a cop out. Leadership takes effort; and that even includes poor leadership. Having no accountability is easy.

Spouting crackpot drivel anonymously using a pseudonym on an internet forum does nothing to enact change; it is no different than these anonymous letters that show up in the cafeterias and changerooms at 5am.

Leadership is about control. People need to lead themselves. If they are all going in the same direction without anyone leading them, then they are probably going in the right direction. A group that is going in many different directions is also uncontrollable, providing they refuse to be led. Putting yourself behind a leader is like putting all of your eggs in one basket. If he steers you wrong, you lose. If each person chooses his own path, there is no way that the whole group will fail. Some will fail and some will succeed. The ones who fail will then copy what the ones who succeeded did, and the group will improve as a whole. With leadership and indoctrination, the leader will become more obsessed with maintaining power than the good of the group. Eventually, all ideologies end up like that and it leads to stagnation and eventual collapse.

Spouting worn out cliches is just as bad as distributing anonymous pamphlets. Cliches are a type of indoctrination. We do not need leadership. We need freedom from controlling agents. Every proverb or saying should be taken with a grain of salt. On this forum, I have never slandered a person by name, except maybe the odd politician who deserved it; and if it is being implied that I would stoop to distributing slanderous pamphlets, that is obviously false. Look at the writing style, for one thing.

Does anyone know how we can get rid of the union, or put out tenders for a new union? How deeply is the union intrenched in our lives? This is not good at all. We need to be free to choose who we want to have representing us; not blindly follow a union that has clearly failed us.

Edited by Trimdingman

I agree with Trim here. With the union, it's easier said than done.

The entire union has the same mentality, and if anybody tries to challenge it, they will be silenced. Look at any ratification vote. Those who praise the union are given all the time to speak. Those who oppose it have their mic's cut off.

One person can't change it. We have to throw them all out on their ass, and start over. But with the way they manipulate votes, you know that will never happen

I agree with Trim here. With the union, it's easier said than done.

The entire union has the same mentality, and if anybody tries to challenge it, they will be silenced. Look at any ratification vote. Those who praise the union are given all the time to speak. Those who oppose it have their mic's cut off.

One person can't change it. We have to throw them all out on their ass, and start over. But with the way they manipulate votes, you know that will never happen

We just went through elections not so long ago. Gary is still el presidente. You or ding nuts can say what ever you want, and nothing will change. Step up to the plate and make a differerence. Or on the other hand, just complain and do nothing.

We just went through elections not so long ago. Gary is still el presidente. You or ding nuts can say what ever you want, and nothing will change. Step up to the plate and make a differerence. Or on the other hand, just complain and do nothing.

Nothing will change unless the union is replaced. Try coming out and saying that if you are in a Communist country and see what happens to you. It is not any different in a union. The union will take care of the "troublemakers" who try to rock the boat. When you are weak, and small in numbers, you have to use guerrilla tactics; not put yourself in the line of fire. We don't want to lose our jobs over this.

Nothing will change unless the union is replaced. Try coming out and saying that if you are in a Communist country and see what happens to you. It is not any different in a union. The union will take care of the "troublemakers" who try to rock the boat. When you are weak, and small in numbers, you have to use guerrilla tactics; not put yourself in the line of fire. We don't want to lose our jobs over this.

Whatever. Complaining with the keyboard is a waste of time. Your so called "guerrilla tactics" sound like a waste of time as well.

Whatever. Complaining with the keyboard is a waste of time. Your so called "guerrilla tactics" sound like a waste of time as well.

If enough people change their way of thinking, and realize that the union is nothing more than a brainwashing quasi-religious cult, we could get a real movement started.

This coming downturn will leave you with no job, sub, EI or anything anyway so go enjoy whatever amount of time is left. This will allow you time to freeze dry years worth of food for the time when "ANYTHING PAPER WILL BE WORTHLESS".

Wake up! Ford will be gone too. You live in a bubble and think you can keep working through ARMAGEDDON!

You better go find Jesus because he is the only thing that can save your sorry ass sou!l

This coming downturn will leave you with no job, sub, EI or anything anyway so go enjoy whatever amount of time is left. This will allow you time to freeze dry years worth of food for the time when "ANYTHING PAPER WILL BE WORTHLESS".

Wake up! Ford will be gone too. You live in a bubble and think you can keep working through ARMAGEDDON!

You better go find Jesus because he is the only thing that can save your sorry ass sou!l

The Ford Motor Company made it through The Great Depression. Maybe it will survive The Greatest Depression, also. My best bet is to use my seniority to try to stay employed as long as possible. Maybe Oakville will stay open on one shift with reduced line speed. Maybe they will retool for wartime production. The government will take all of the old pensioners and draft them for homeland security. The unemployed youth will be going off to war, including the women. It is the believers who live in the dream world. I am not a believer. The outcome of the coming depression will depend on what we do about it. It is not pre-destined. It will not go away if you pray or wish it away, or ignore the obvious. The numbers do not lie. We have been kicking the can down the road for the last thirty years or so. Now we have come to the end of the road. Jesus was a person who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago. It is a myth. You go looking for him if you want. I am going to concentrate on the real world. I have lived a good life already, so I am going to have a ringside seat for the biggest show in a millenium.

I have a dream, or maybe it is a memory from a previous time. I remember being asked about when I would like to live my next life. I thought for awhile, and then said that I wanted to see the end of the world. The other person or whatever it was tried to dissuade me, but I was insistent, so he said all right.

The Ford Motor Company made it through The Great Depression. Maybe it will survive The Greatest Depression, also. My best bet is to use my seniority to try to stay employed as long as possible. Maybe Oakville will stay open on one shift with reduced line speed. Maybe they will retool for wartime production. The government will take all of the old pensioners and draft them for homeland security. The unemployed youth will be going off to war, including the women. It is the believers who live in the dream world. I am not a believer. The outcome of the coming depression will depend on what we do about it. It is not pre-destined. It will not go away if you pray or wish it away, or ignore the obvious. The numbers do not lie. We have been kicking the can down the road for the last thirty years or so. Now we have come to the end of the road. Jesus was a person who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago. It is a myth. You go looking for him if you want. I am going to concentrate on the real world. I have lived a good life already, so I am going to have a ringside seat for the biggest show in a millenium.

I have a dream, or maybe it is a memory from a previous time. I remember being asked about when I would like to live my next life. I thought for awhile, and then said that I wanted to see the end of the world. The other person or whatever it was tried to dissuade me, but I was insistent, so he said all right.

I didn't know Ford hired comedians. LMAO Trim.

Did Trim forget to take his meds today? :shades:

Why do we "belong" to the union? Is it so that if they screw us, we have no recourse; and is it so that we do the work that we are paying them to do? Poor Italian immigrants don't "belong" to the Mafia, even though it takes their money. Church-goers say they belong to the religion, and give it money and do what it tells them to do because it brainwashes them. Union "members" are encouraged to attend brainwash sessions. I am not educated to go up against company negotiators to fight for higher wages and better working conditions. Company negotiators are hired and paid to do this, and are professionals. We don't have professionals on our side, just elected assembly line workers. We pay enough money to hire the best law firm in the country. The real union is detatched from us, and is the one doing the real negotiating behind the scenes. Our little play acting is just for the public's amusement. If my pipes are leaking, I hire a plumber. I don't join a plumbers' association. Why don't we hire someone to negotiate our contract instead of becoming quasi-religious zombies? If they didn't do a good job, we could vote to replace them; simple as that. We can't replace them if we are "them". The whole thing is set up wrong.

Edited by Trimdingman

Jesus was a person who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago. It is a myth. You go looking for him if you want. I am going to concentrate on the real world. I have lived a good life already, so I am going to have a ringside seat for the biggest show in a millenium.

It is funny that a "myth" like the Bible could have predicted thousands of years ago that we would become a one world government that you see forming today, among many other prophesies that have ALL come true, including a cashless society.

It must be a co-incidence that as we abandoned the Bible that our troubles have gotten worse.

This is because we are given our freedom and rights by God (government is to protect our rights but they did not give us our rights)

Therefore when you throw God away then you also throw your freedom away. It is a direct relationship, a very simple correlation.

I do not think you believe in co-incidence?

“It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom.” Horace Greeley

“If we will not be governed by God, then we will be ruled by tyrants.” William Penn“

A thorough understanding of the Bible is better than a college education.” Theodore Roosevelt

Jesus was a person who may or may not have lived 2000 years ago. It is a myth. You go looking for him if you want. I am going to concentrate on the real world. I have lived a good life already, so I am going to have a ringside seat for the biggest show in a millenium.

It is funny that a "myth" like the Bible could have predicted thousands of years ago that we would become a one world government that you see forming today, among many other prophesies that have ALL come true, including a cashless society.

It must be a co-incidence that as we abandoned the Bible that our troubles have gotten worse.

This is because we are given our freedom and rights by God (government is to protect our rights but they did not give us our rights)

Therefore when you throw God away then you also throw your freedom away. It is a direct relationship, a very simple correlation.

I do not think you believe in co-incidence?

It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom. Horace Greeley

If we will not be governed by God, then we will be ruled by tyrants. William Penn

A thorough understanding of the Bible is better than a college education. Theodore Roosevelt

People who are indoctrinated will see every event as a fulfilled prophesy. It is better to have a non-existent god as your leader than a real tyrant, yes. It is better to lead yourself and free yourself from indoctrinating forces. They all have agendas which do not always lead you to what is true and moral. Just because William Penn, Horace Greely,and Theodore Roosevelt were indoctrinated to religion doesn't prove that it is true. Things were pretty bad when the Bible was the law of the land. We had people being burned alive and subjected to prolonged confinement and gruesome tortures over long periods of time. Things are bad now, not because we are no longer governed by religion, but because the government has assumed too much power over us. We need to be free from both government and religion.

Edited by Trimdingman