ford stock

crackhead

is ford motor company on the verge of bankruptcy or a merger

Ur guess is as good as anyones bud! I will say this though and its according

to Wall Street...we seem to be in best pos of any of Big 3...thats not sayin

much i know. Ford has 29bil cash and now Kerkorian to borrow from who

has HUGE vested interest in Fords success (he is single largest shareholder)

plus an emergency 12bil credit line they WONT tap unless things get much

worse...AND Ford is always in tight w/ Goldman Sachs (big Wall St bank) &

they have said they would invest 2-3bil if necessary in future. That said...

we just need ecomony to improve and gas prices to stabilize....we have the

product and quality to match anyone IMO. :reading:

LoL! I just bought quite a bit of F today, and last week when it was about a buck higher as well. Guess I'll buy next week too .... that is, if it goes down anymore.

You got some big one`s! Good Luck.I hope you make a million!

At the present time I would say neither but it is a fluid situation.Yahoo finance has information about Ford.I think maybe one out of 6 major brokerage firm recommends Ford as a buy.

Yawwn.... No.

Most of the talking head analysts on the cable financial shows aren't recommending any auto stocks. They expect the American consumer to retrench during the coming recession, ( that is, if you don't believe we're already in one) and for auto sales to fall across the board. The sky isn't falling just because Wall Street says "Dont buy Ford - or any other auto stocks for that matter..."

YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK......BUY HIGH AND SELL LOW! :hysterical:

That's how I do it.. :banghead:

And i thought Ford was a good buy when I was buying it in the $6.20 - $7.80 range.. :hysterical:

The only thing that I own that is worse is GM... I bought it at $29.55............ :finger::banghead:

I predict that within 18-24 months, major changes in auto companies ownership will occur.

Tell me that a few companies aren't eying Ford's truck line at $6.00/share bid. Hummmm....... what car company(s) doesn't have a North American truck lineup?..... Hummmm...

Edited by mettech

That's how I do it.. :banghead:

And i thought Ford was a good buy when I was buying it in the $6.20 - $7.80 range.. :hysterical:

The only thing that I own that is worse is GM... I bought it at $29.55............ :finger::banghead:

I predict that within 18-24 months, major changes in auto companies ownership will occur.

Tell me that a few companies aren't eying Ford's truck line at $6.00/share bid. Hummmm....... what car company(s) doesn't have a North American truck lineup?..... Hummmm...

You are in good company with Kerkorian

I really looked at the package he sent to me.

How much money do you think it cost to send it out to each share holder? :ohsnap:

seems simple to me.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

OPEC sells oil for $145.00 a barrel.

OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.

Solution: Sell grain for $145.00 a bushel.

Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!

Then, the price of oil will come down.

seems simple to me.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

OPEC sells oil for $145.00 a barrel.

OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.

Solution: Sell grain for $145.00 a bushel.

Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!

Then, the price of oil will come down.

Wow. So much stupid, so little time. OPEC does nothing to set the price of oil. All they can do is control the quantity. Saudi Arabia has raised output three times already and still the price goes up. No other OPEC member has spare capacity like they do. Until you are waiting in line because they turned off the spigot don't blame OPEC.

Remember the California power shortages from a few years ago? Enron and others manipulated the energy futures market to force rolling blackouts. Why? To get rich off the pain of energy consumers and to defeat governer Gray Davis so the terminator could be Gov. of California. They got caught and now California has plenty of energy. At the time all the network news kept saying was how we hadn't built new power plants. It was a manufactured crisis.

Fast forward. Oil is now traded in unregulated futures markets, much like electricity was. The price has doubled in a year. Could this be another scam like the Enron debacle? I dont know but the way the current administration has behaved over the past 7 years I cant count it out. Also all the network talking heads keep bleating about how we need to open up more land to drill. Could this be another manufactured crisis? If it is all I can say is somebody needs to go to jail for this one...

Wow. So much stupid, so little time. OPEC does nothing to set the price of oil. All they can do is control the quantity. Saudi Arabia has raised output three times already and still the price goes up. No other OPEC member has spare capacity like they do. Until you are waiting in line because they turned off the spigot don't blame OPEC.

Remember the California power shortages from a few years ago? Enron and others manipulated the energy futures market to force rolling blackouts. Why? To get rich off the pain of energy consumers and to defeat governer Gray Davis so the terminator could be Gov. of California. They got caught and now California has plenty of energy. At the time all the network news kept saying was how we hadn't built new power plants. It was a manufactured crisis.

Fast forward. Oil is now traded in unregulated futures markets, much like electricity was. The price has doubled in a year. Could this be another scam like the Enron debacle? I dont know but the way the current administration has behaved over the past 7 years I cant count it out. Also all the network talking heads keep bleating about how we need to open up more land to drill. Could this be another manufactured crisis? If it is all I can say is somebody needs to go to jail for this one...

Something good will come out of this..... If the market is allowed to continue.

A new energy source

Changes in poor and wasteful energy usage'

Our children's children may thank us for this short term sacrifice. Maybe in a similar fashion we look upon the "Greatest Generation" for their sacrifices.

We must get away from oil as a primary energy source in this country. Soon.

No new drilling. :reading:

I agree somebody needs to go to jail, when ever somebody in the market speculates about oil, it goes up! OPEC is not setting the prices!

Something good will come out of this..... If the market is allowed to continue.

A new energy source

Changes in poor and wasteful energy usage'

Our children's children may thank us for this short term sacrifice. Maybe in a similar fashion we look upon the "Greatest Generation" for their sacrifices.

We must get away from oil as a primary energy source in this country. Soon.

No new drilling. :reading:

I agree with part of what you are saying. We do need new energy sources, but there are none available quickly. We are stuck with what we have for the next 5 to 10 years. Drilling new oil and NG wells is our best short term solution and it will still take them 5+ years to come on line.

Nuclear, solar and wind are the answer to our future power requirements. We will be using either natural of man-made hydrocarbon based fuels in many applications (mostly transportation) for the next 25+ years. Man-made fuels, either hydrocarbon or pure hydrogen won't happen (in large volume) until we have excess electric capacity (go back to the first sentence of the paragraph).

In the mean time, we suffer. We just need to make certain that the "suffering" is spread across the "new" world economy. The Chinese government is currently subsidizing diesel at less than $4/gal (close to $5/gall around here).

Now lets take this a year or so down the road. China is closing some factories because they are no longer the world's low cost supplier of things that contain large amounts of steel or cast iron (China has to import coal for coke and iron ore, scrap steel and aluminum), The cost of importing these raw materials and exporting (heavy) finished products has far out stripped their lower labor costs. And because they are not truly a Communist country, they have no social system for the unemployed. Food and housing riots in the cities. Starvation in the rural areas.

India may do better because their economy does not rely as much on heavy manufacturing.

The countries capable of excess food production and an abundance of fresh clean water will do well in the long run.

Edited by theoldwizard

LoL! I just bought quite a bit of F today, and last week when it was about a buck higher as well. Guess I'll buy next week too .... that is, if it goes down anymore.

I hope you are buying the "preferred" stock ! At least that puts you at the head of the line if they do go bankrupt !

If you really want to gamble, buy the Jan 2010 $10 Call (WFOAB.X) for only $0.64. If Ford pass $10 before then, you will be "rolling in clover" !

• 2 weeks later...

neither, and you better start buying up ford stock before it starts going up again. theres gonna be 4 assembly plant in north america by 2012 and ford is going in the right direction it just may take some time

neither, and you better start buying up ford stock before it starts going up again. theres gonna be 4 assembly plant in north america by 2012 and ford is going in the right direction it just may take some time

It's not going to be an overnight fix... Building European products in North America means resourcing many parts and optimizing costs etc. Alsom we typically price our products lower here in NA.

Increased Sales alone does not translate to PROFITS. Remember Jaguar, Land Rover, and perhaps Volvo? They all represented increased sales revenue, but did not contribute much to the bottom line.

Keep hoping and wishing....