Detroit HVC info

fire-fly

Is there apart that is not good about that place.

Detroit HVC is going to be moving from Redford to somewhere within Region 1A very soon. I don't know if the location has been identified yet but, you need to know that before you decide. Call them and find out where the plant is actually going to be first! If I get any more info i will let you know.

Detroit HVC is going to be moving from Redford to somewhere within Region 1A very soon. I don't know if the location has been identified yet but, you need to know that before you decide. Call them and find out where the plant is actually going to be first! If I get any more info i will let you know.

Thanks for the info, but I don't think this plant is in redford.

Thanks for the info, but I don't think this plant is in redford.

Detroit HVC apparently already moved to Sibley and I-75 near Brownstown parts. That is Brownstown Township which is not a bad area. I live nearby myself.

Click on this link below to take you to a map of the area. The parts plant showing on the map is Brownstown....the one you are talking about is not on the map but it is right there.

Map of area

You had better be sure that you want to go to an HVC.

They suck and the way they are run sucks.

Senority or the contract is not followed properly and they just do whatever they want.

The shifts suck (9:30am-6:00pm) days, maybe 10:30am-7:00pm someplaces (4:00pm 12:30am) afternoons maybe 4 hours of overtime on saturday for 1-3 people ( if you are trained to pick) and that is from 4:00pm-8:00pm.

Overtime is not kept properly.

Disipline is not handed out per contract.

People work wherever nomatter what their classification.

A committieman is SCHEDULED every saturday and that displaces someone else from working but if he has "union business" they expect the people left to pick up his slack.

We just had a shift consolidation and shift bump July 1.

The people that came from the aftrnoon shift had high hours when they came to days the company decided that this would not be fair for them and adjusted thier hours so they would have the same hours as the person in the middle of of the day shift hours????

Before the shift consolidation, day shift would only be offered 4 hours of overtime on saturday and afternoons would get 10 hours almost every day (no saturday).

You are told what to do by anybody in management that comes by.

God help you if you don't meet your number they have set for you to stockeep or pick.

Now in all reality this should be the best place in the Ford system to work but they are making it the worst.

I came here from Indy almost a year ago and have almost 16 years with the company and I am getting out at 44 years old.

I hate it here and so does eveyone else that has moved here.

This City (Memphis) is the ASSHOLE of the United States.

You Would just have to be here to understand.

I hate to leave and give up 16 years, I have had a good life working here, but how long do you keep working just to be unhappy.

Alot of you people had better think long and hard before you make a move, there is more to it than you can ever imagine.

It seem like most of you people have forgotten that THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE OF FORD MOTOR CO.

Get out and and enjoy life and FUCK FORD MOTOR CO.

Have a good day

Edited by Lostinindy

Senority or the contract is not followed properly and they just do whatever they want.

The shifts suck (9:30am-6:00pm) days, maybe 10:30am-7:00pm someplaces (4:00pm 12:30am) afternoons maybe 4 hours of overtime on saturday for 1-3 people ( if you are trained to pick) and that is from 4:00pm-8:00pm.

A committieman is SCHEDULED every saturday and that displaces someone else from working but if he has "union business" they expect the people left to pick up his slack.

The people that came from the aftrnoon shift had high hours when they came to days the company decided that this would not be fair for them and adjusted thier hours so they would have the same hours as the person in the middle of of the day shift hours????

Before the shift consolidation, day shift would only be offered 4 hours of overtime on saturday and afternoons would get 10 hours almost every day (no saturday).

God help you if you don't meet your number they have set for you to stockeep or pick.

Now in all reality this should be the best place in the Ford system to work but they are making it the worst.

I came here from Indy almost a year ago and have almost 16 years with the company and I am getting out at 44 years old.

I hate to leave and give up 16 years, I have had a good life working here, but how long do you keep working just to be unhappy.

Alot of you people had better think long and hard before you make a move, there is more to it than you can ever imagine.

It seem like most of you people have forgotten that THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE OF FORD MOTOR CO.

Get and and enjoy life and FUCK FORD MOTOR CO.

Have a good day

I have heard much of this about some Hvc's, Memphis in particular. Word is that more than a couple of SRP guys, at Memphis, would love to return to Mich. if given the chance.

I would leave the HVC's tommorrow if they gave me a assembly building to go to.

Most HVC only people are fucked in the head.The people that never worked in VO side of the business have no fucking clue! 99% of those people wouldn't last 5 minutes on the line.

I would leave the HVC's tommorrow if they gave me a assembly building to go to.

Most HVC only people are fucked in the head.The people that never worked in VO side of the business have no fucking clue! 99% of those people wouldn't last 5 minutes on the line.

I don't even need an assembly job to theave.

These people have never worked in a real union shop and all they do is cut deals to make things easier on them and screw the rest.

It is like working in a non-union shop.

Where is the International ??

They don't give a shit about the parts division.

Hell they brought some temps in here about a month or so ago, they are still working, and they are asking people to take 4-8 hours G code everyday.

Hendew is 100% correct.

Hell they brought some temps in here about a month or so ago, they are still working, and they are asking people to take 4-8 hours G code everyday.

Hendew is 100% correct.

What about Greensboro ?? At least up til end of last yr , most of them only work 4 - 8 hr days. Thats right voluntarily get paid only 32 hrs. SRP flowback was worried he wouldnt be able to get his 40 hrs but they made sure he does. The stir was causing alot of phone calls if you know what I mean.

Get and and enjoy life and FUCK FORD MOTOR CO.

Have a good day

Wow, I thought the HVC was supposed to be a better job then a assembly line job. I also left Indy. I ended up at KCAP.

Edited by cbone