Warranties for 2009 FEH

neuroboy002

Hello,

My 2009 FEHL has apparently been shipped and I am crossing my fingers it will arrive some time next week, weather or strike permitting. This is the very first car I am purchasing on my own and would like some advice - Do any fellow future FEH owners recommend purchasing Ford extended warranties? I asked someone about this and he said was not impressed with Ford's engines and said I should at least consider buying a power train warranty.

Any thoughts?

Hello,

My 2009 FEHL has apparently been shipped and I am crossing my fingers it will arrive some time next week, weather or strike permitting. This is the very first car I am purchasing on my own and would like some advice - Do any fellow future FEH owners recommend purchasing Ford extended warranties? I asked someone about this and he said was not impressed with Ford's engines and said I should at least consider buying a power train warranty.

Any thoughts?

I have always liked having a bumper to bumper warranty for the period of time we are financing a vehicle. We are purchasing a 6/100,000 mile warranty as we will hit 100,000 miles somewhere between 70 and 72 months of ownership. Shop around at the different Ford dealerships for a good price or go with warrantydirect.com.

I have always liked having a bumper to bumper warranty for the period of time we are financing a vehicle. We are purchasing a 6/100,000 mile warranty as we will hit 100,000 miles somewhere between 70 and 72 months of ownership. Shop around at the different Ford dealerships for a good price or go with warrantydirect.com.

I have always purchased the extra warranty for mine. What I didn't realize until very recently (past months) is that you do not have to make it a part of your purchase. I also didn't realize that you can shop around for the best deal. Hey, learn something new every day! As long as it is the real Ford ESP, then it does not matter where you buy it. And in my case, I will not be buying it as part of my purchase for the new FEH I ordered. I'm happy to wait 6 to 12 months and save that money.

I have always purchased the extra warranty for mine. What I didn't realize until very recently (past months) is that you do not have to make it a part of your purchase. I also didn't realize that you can shop around for the best deal. Hey, learn something new every day! As long as it is the real Ford ESP, then it does not matter where you buy it. And in my case, I will not be buying it as part of my purchase for the new FEH I ordered. I'm happy to wait 6 to 12 months and save that money.

It really depends on how long you plan on keeping the vehicle and how much you drive it. My wife has an 05 Ford Five Hundred and does not drive it much so it did not make since to purchase the extended warrenty.