NJ FEH Orders

Curiosity. When was your order placed and do you have a VIN# yet? What dealership (optional) did you buy from? And though it is a bit early to be planning this, who's interested in meeting up down the shore next spring for a get together?

Blind Mike & Michelle

TwoLostMinds

Curiosity. When was your order placed and do you have a VIN# yet? What dealership (optional) did you buy from? And though it is a bit early to be planning this, who's interested in meeting up down the shore next spring for a get together?

Blind Mike & Michelle

TwoLostMinds

Order date: 4/21/2008

VIN: none

Dealer: Koons Ford, Sterling, VA

Blind Mike & Michelle

TwoLostMinds

No VIN - Order placed on 5/17/08 :stirpot:

Blind Mike & Michelle

TwoLostMinds

Ordered mine from Freehold Ford on 5/9,

Here's what I have so far:

Serialize Date: 5/22/2008

Segment Date: 5/22/2008

Sequence Date: 6/9/2008

Blend Date: 6/13/2008

Produced Date: 6/23/2008

Gate Release Date: 6/25/2008

Ship Date: 6/25/2008

I've been searching this and the edmunds forum for info as to why if it says ship date of 6/25 & it isn't here yet. I've heard weather related delay (floods), auto haulers strike (dubious - that was last winter) and according to my dealer, something about a hold up at the factory due to a mass "quality control" issue. No one seems to be giving a definitive answer.

Ordered mine from Freehold Ford on 5/9,

Here's what I have so far:

Serialize Date: 5/22/2008

Segment Date: 5/22/2008

Sequence Date: 6/9/2008

Blend Date: 6/13/2008

Produced Date: 6/23/2008

Gate Release Date: 6/25/2008

Ship Date: 6/25/2008

I've been searching this and the edmunds forum for info as to why if it says ship date of 6/25 & it isn't here yet. I've heard weather related delay (floods), auto haulers strike (dubious - that was last winter) and according to my dealer, something about a hold up at the factory due to a mass "quality control" issue. No one seems to be giving a definitive answer.

Atleast you have that much information. No VIN = No Information. That is where I still am...

I believe Ford has commited to deliver 50 FEH's per month to the NYC Taxi Authority.

I saw that article, I am on the way to NYC, they can put mine on the same truck and drop it off on the way. I will drive into NYC if that would help speed up the process. It is only a 45 min - 1 hr drive.

I saw that article, I am on the way to NYC, they can put mine on the same truck and drop it off on the way. I will drive into NYC if that would help speed up the process. It is only a 45 min - 1 hr drive.

Hey Taz,

When you ordered yours what time frame did the dealership give you as an estimate? We were given 12 - 14 or 16 weeks when we ordered on 6/26.

Hey Taz,

When you ordered yours what time frame did the dealership give you as an estimate? We were given 12 - 14 or 16 weeks when we ordered on 6/26.

My original estimate was October, but recently I was told probably closer to August. Ordered on 5/17/08. I know I am impatent, but right now I have had to replace the tires on my trade-in, replace the battery, fix a check engine light issue, and it is back in because it will not start (had to have it towed last night. All of these repairs were in the last two weeks. If they would have had an 08 Hybrid in stock when I ordered mine I could have saved already close to 1000 in repairs on my old vehicle.

The more money I have to put into this vehicle the more I am looking forward to going back to Ford Quality.

Edited by tazjedi

My original estimate was October, but recently I was told probably closer to August. Ordered on 5/17/08. I know I am impatent, but right now I have had to replace the tires on my trade-in, replace the battery, fix a check engine light issue, and it is back in because it will not start (had to have it towed last night. All of these repairs were in the last two weeks. If they would have had an 08 Hybrid in stock when I ordered mine I could have saved already close to 1000 in repairs on my old vehicle.

The more money I have to put into this vehicle the more I am looking forward to going back to Ford Quality.

Thats not ideal, but its the price we pay for ordering and waiting. My wife was starting to get impatient about the wait so I bought her a stressball with the ford logo on it. :hysterical: If you really don't want to wait there may still be a few 08's at dealerships out in CA. At least there were a few weeks back. You may not get exactly what you want but at least there won't be a wait and the cross country drive back shoud be beautiful.

Taz...your name wouldn't happen to be Ed would it?

Edited by twolostminds

Thats not ideal, but its the price we pay for ordering and waiting. My wife was starting to get impatient about the wait so I bought her a stressball with the ford logo on it. :hysterical: If you really don't want to wait there may still be a few 08's at dealerships out in CA. At least there were a few weeks back. You may not get exactly what you want but at least there won't be a wait and the cross country drive back shoud be beautiful.

Taz...your name wouldn't happen to be Ed would it?

Sorry not Ed. I just found out later today that I also need brakes on the old vehicle. Dodge is really making me :censored:

• 2 weeks later...

Blind Mike & Michelle

TwoLostMinds

I ordered a '09 FEHL on 6/28/08 from DiFeo Ford in New Jersey.

I just got a phone call that I will be getting a VIN next week, and

Ford will begin building vehicle.

When I placed order, they had told me to expect delivery late August

or early September. Keeping my fingers crossed.