Senority @ KTP

MTP'er

So...KTP whats the senority like down there??? The majority of the people at MTP have 1988 & below. I know you level off at 1985. Is that enough to hold days? I say little more than half (about 600) have 20 plus years amd I bet there would be alot of people willing to relocate.

Just wondering. :shades:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...KTP whats the senority like down there??? The majority of the people at MTP have 1988 & below. I know you level off at 1985. Is that enough to hold days? I say little more than half (about 600) have 20 plus years amd I bet there would be alot of people willing to relocate.

Just wondering. :shades:

This should give you some idea. Keep in mind that the lowest 250 or so are going to be laid off around the end of August, and 100 or so have transfered to LAP. With 1988 or so seniority it won't make a difference.

KTP seniority

This should give you some idea. Keep in mind that the lowest 250 or so are going to be laid off around the end of August, and 100 or so have transfered to LAP. With 1988 or so seniority it won't make a difference.

KTP seniority

Looks like we will be right in the middle if not higher in senority according to the list. I rather get in early than later to get a good job. I'm in the top 300 @ MTP this will put me in the 200's. :shades:

I wouldn't pack my bags just yet if I was you. Two things need to happen before you load up that ole truck.

1. KTP will bring the people that are laid off back into the plant. This includes all people that are currently laid off and the future people that will be laid off.

2. KTP should/will ask all the people who are LAP to see if any onf those people would want to come back. I doubt this will bring alot of them back most if not all like it there and the ones who just left, I doubt any of them would want to come back.

Once these things happen then and only then, will they ask for people to come to KTP. Now I know there is some dispute about people being able to go with their jobs and all. But local 862 will/should/better have priorty of bringing its members back home first. Your local and all the other locals will/should do the same for its members as well.

With all that said there is still the matter of where those products are going to go. 2 plants in KY. And one was gaurenteed a new product the other wasn't. KTP was not the one who was guarenteed.

I wouldn't pack my bags just yet if I was you. Two things need to happen before you load up that ole truck.

1. KTP will bring the people that are laid off back into the plant. This includes all people that are currently laid off and the future people that will be laid off.

2. KTP should/will ask all the people who are LAP to see if any onf those people would want to come back. I doubt this will bring alot of them back most if not all like it there and the ones who just left, I doubt any of them would want to come back.

Once these things happen then and only then, will they ask for people to come to KTP. Now I know there is some dispute about people being able to go with their jobs and all. But local 862 will/should/better have priorty of bringing its members back home first. Your local and all the other locals will/should do the same for its members as well.

With all that said there is still the matter of where those products are going to go. 2 plants in KY. And one was gaurenteed a new product the other wasn't. KTP was not the one who was guarenteed.

I thought that you could follow your job if it was being transfered to another plant ???

I thought that you could follow your job if it was being transfered to another plant ???

You can souldbouy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. They will go by percentage of trucks that come to KTP i.e. they add 10 % more production they will allow 10% of MTP to transfer to KTP. And yes the can bump KTP workers, just ask KC about when the mariner cam from Lorraine.

You can souldbouy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. They will go by percentage of trucks that come to KTP i.e. they add 10 % more production they will allow 10% of MTP to transfer to KTP. And yes the can bump KTP workers, just ask KC about when the mariner cam from Lorraine.

You need to read that contract alittle closer. The only way anyone can transfer is if an opening exists. Difference is that MTP employees would be on a first call basis before any other plant can transfer. Oh and the ones laid off go before anyone that are from that plant. Thats it and there is no percentage that is required just so you know...

I agree, read the contract again. I transferred to KTP a few years back. you can only transfer if they are in hiring mode. KTP is right in the middle of laying off 300 people and just sent 100 across town to LAP. Those people come back first my friend. I truly hate that anyone will be out of a job, I hope we all find a home but rules are rules.

Any idea how long it would take to actually move these products to Louisville?

I agree, read the contract again. I transferred to KTP a few years back. you can only transfer if they are in hiring mode. KTP is right in the middle of laying off 300 people and just sent 100 across town to LAP. Those people come back first my friend. I truly hate that anyone will be out of a job, I hope we all find a home but rules are rules.

Like I said ask KC about that, you can follow your product..

The best estimate anyone has it ST. Thomas. They got the town car but I am unsure how long it took to transfer the vehicle up to Canada. I do know they had lots of vehicles that were built before wixom shut the doors. I wanna say almost 200 days but it may be off some. Plus the Town Car shared most of the parts needed between the other two.

Now in the case of KTP gettting the suvs they could be loosing the others. Reason why is compatible parts that make up the vehicles and if they are not used on the same vehicles it does not help the situation ford is in. Cost would actually be more due to the suppliers range and where it is now feeding multiple plants in the detroit area.

Not saying they won't but you have to look at what they are trying to do. The game now is make multiple vehicles off the same parts but far enough on the skin to make them look very different. Everything under the hood should be as close as possible so next time we shift it will just be at the plants and not all of them.

Like I said ask KC about that, you can follow your product..

They will handle it the way they see fit and they will interpret the contract the way they want it to read. ( and buy the way has anybody got there contract books yet ???). And how we forgot back in early 2000 they couldn't give the focus away. I think Wayne only worked 6 months out of a year for several years. And if gas prices drop at all Ford will shoot themselfs in the foot on this one. Also If they bring anything to MTP it better be a global product or don't bring anything at all!! :stop:

Edited by MTP'er

They will handle it the way they see fit and they will interpret the contract the way they want it to read. ( and buy the way has anybody got there contract books yet ???). And how we forgot back in early 2000 they couldn't give the focus away. I think Wayne only worked 6 months out of a year for several years. And if gas prices drop at all Ford will shoot themselfs in the foot on this one. Also If they bring anything to MTP it better be a global product or don't bring anything at all!! :stop:
Just be glad ford is doing what they are by changing these plants to car production. It could have, as many thought alot worse than this and may still be(bankruptcy). Take your time off and enjoy your family and thank GOD you still have a job that pays what we make.

Lower cost-of-living, better roads, and just for the simple fact that you will be out of Michigan. Home of the one state recession for the past 5 years.

One state recession? Where have you been, the entire country is in a recession. Things may not be as bad as they are in Michigan, but I bet you will find an economic slow down no matter where you go. It sounds like most of the cars will be produced in Michigan, so hell, you have survived this long through Michigan's economy, you may as well stick around for the slight upturn.

I agree, read the contract again. I transferred to KTP a few years back. you can only transfer if they are in hiring mode.

We have some trades people who transfered to dtp from nap with the product who haven't been placed yet. They went straight to gen.

There is something in the contract about you being able to follow your job. Ithink that this might something to do with cost for Ford in general. Also in there the plant that the product is going to has to be in a hiring mode.

Now if the plant is not in a hiring mode and the plant has no one on layoff then you will be able to move down here that much qiicker. As for that pewrcentage thing, I don't think has anything to do with it. Keep in mind that your local will fight to get all of its laidoff people back before someone else goes to your plant.

The part about bumping people at KTP, forget it. You can not go to another plant and bump someone out of their job. For one thing that is not your home plant and the IUAW will not let it happen.

The Mariner did not come from Lorain Assembly and we did not bump anyone.

The only active employee a transfer can bump is a probationary employee, KTP has none.

In the event your home plant was KTP, then you could bump low seniority, but I don't believe anyone from KTP is at MTP

If there are job openings, they will be filled by homeplant layoffs, then RTBU, and then by either In-Zone Transfers or people following a product, I'm not sure which of those two are first.

Giving that MTP is getting a new product(s), I seriously doubt Ford is going to pay out any moving allowances when they are going to need people at that plant anyways. If they do allow you to transfer, it will probably be out of your own pocket, just ask the Wixom to KTP transfers.... Ford didn't give them a nickel to move.

HERE IS A QUOTE FROM THE CONTRACT: Volume 1, Page 86, Section 24b

"The foregoing rule shall also apply in the event of a partial transfer of an operation to a new plant from an old plant which may be closed or continued on a reduced employment basis. It shall not apply, however, to partial transfers of operations incident to adjustments in production schedules or changes in the products at any location."

I take it to mean if your plant is closing or having a reduction in manpower you can leave, but if they are simply changing what product you build, you can't follow it, since there will be work available at your own plant with the new product. However it can be interpreted in more than just one way, so don't put too much faith in the contract because Ford will ultimately do whatever they want, as someone said before this post, they will make the contract "read" the way they want it too to benefit whatever goal they are trying to accomplish.