Senority @ KTP

MTP'er

One state recession? Where have you been, the entire country is in a recession. Things may not be as bad as they are in Michigan, but I bet you will find an economic slow down no matter where you go. It sounds like most of the cars will be produced in Michigan, so hell, you have survived this long through Michigan's economy, you may as well stick around for the slight upturn.

Exactly. Well said lackanookey! I didnt even reply to this one. I moved to MI from VA about

2yrs ago and have done pretty well starting a small side biz in my spare time...MI may

have moved into recession sooner but thats ONLY cause they still have some of the most

HIGH payin manufacturing jobs left in the WHOLE country etc... these michiganders

that havent seen the NEW service economy 1st hand thats swept our country will be

seein it VERY soon~!.............

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less who wanted or didn't want me in their plant. If it's in the contract and someone has the opportunity to go, they should go. This isn't a popularity contest, it's our livelihood and supporting our families. So if it was me I wouldn't give two shits about what you Kentucky folks wanted. You'd have to deal with it and get over it or be a long time mad.

my bad kentucky was a union state but they did support slavery so not much difference and you say ford has been there for over 95 years that would be 1913 and that’s when the first moving assembly line was inaugurated at highland park mi. and it was jan. 1914 when he offered the $5 dollar day

just for the record all 13 original colonies held slaves.

freeing the slaves wasnt really what the civil war was about when it started.it was a tool lincoln used to win a war he was about to lose.

kentucky was technically neutral,well,til the north won then they were union,it was more convenient that way,lol.

it is documented and well known that there was(is?) an existing slave trade in africa as recently as 1997 marketing slaves to the die in the diamond mines owned by debeers corp in south africa.whats the point of all this slavery crap??????? americans didnt invent it. when we did end it others continued it,right into modern times. wheres the outrage?

i think ford was active in louisville well before 1913 cant remember ,dont wanna look it up.there was a garage somewhere in the west end where ford built cars in the back and sold them out front,well before the assembly line.i saw pics of it in orientation.

before he ever made a car ford was in kentucky mining coal.

kentucky is a great place to live. dont think so? keep your ass away then,we dont mind.

we dont need anymore dickheads from the great north. keep ya'lls asses up there and keep wishing you were lucky enough to be from kentucky. we got enough pieces of shit from ohio, we dont want anymore from michigan. crime is bad enough as it is here, we sure as hell dont want anyone from the crime capital of the usa

Why are you being so bitter? We finally get some good news for a change and now all you want to do is bash someone because they see a possibility to make a move to save their job. I hope everyone that reads these posts don't believe that all people from Kentucky are A__ hole Hillbillies. If openings come available for MTP workers they will fit in just like our brothers and sisters from Ohio, Indy, Atlanta etc.

Why are you being so bitter? We finally get some good news for a change and now all you want to do is bash someone because they see a possibility to make a move to save their job. I hope everyone that reads these posts don't believe that all people from Kentucky are A__ hole Hillbillies. If openings come available for MTP workers they will fit in just like our brothers and sisters from Ohio, Indy, Atlanta etc.
Ford is saying that even with the new product we still need to get rid of people. Is nobody listening?

A sane person and I'm not saying everyone else is not, but I commend you for that post were all in this together not just one plant but Ford in general at KCAP were like a big melting pot of plants and I'm sure you all are also but we have people from St. Louis, Atlanta, Norfolk, Twin Cities, Nashville, Oklahoma, Avon Lake, Edison, Saline, and our own parts depot here in the KC area I'm sure I missed somebody, but all of us need and want a job so like KyTrucks say's don't be so bitter as for myself there was not one time I was bitter as these folks came trough the door and for the most part I have made some good friends with allot of these folks as well, my kids have to. So good luck to all no matter what plant your at.

Edited by 4rd4life

The reason he is being so bitter is because there are a few people on here, mind you not all of them, bragging that they are going to follow their product with the intention of causing people already at KTP to lose their jobs. If there are openings that need to be filled, they are welcome to them, but if they think they are going to displace another worker they can go fuck themselves. If their plant was closing, we might have some sympathy, but they have a new product that will give them more security, so only a complete dickhead would make the comments that have been made here. I bet when the Explorer is moved from Louisville to Chicago, there will not be one person on here from Louisville crying like a bitch that Ford didn't offer them a chance to move to Chicago, as they'll be happy to stay at LAP because they at least have some pride and decency. Given that MTP is getting another product and KTP was on the path to having as many as 700-800 people laid off indefinately by the end of the year, I doubt anybody is going to be going anywhere.

I would much rather see my neighbor or my blood relative keep their job in Louisville. Referring to strangers as brothers and sisters just because they work for the same company or in the same union is insane. This is about protecting our jobs, our communities, our friends and family. Michigan has been so high on the horse for so long because they have had all of the investment and the headquarters for the auto companies. I have been to Dearborn and Detroit and you can have them both. It is everyone for themselves. This is not the melting pot for displaced workers. The Ohio transfers just caused 300 people born and raised here to find a new career. Remember this, the people who feel screwed by the union and Ford don't buy the product when they are gone. Cause they don't give a shit about something that doesn't affect them. Kind of like them millions of people who buy foreign cars who don't work in the auto industry or the millions of people who hire mexicans for cheap labor as the blue collar american construction worker continues to lose jobs. Save all that hippie shit of love everyone.

I would much rather see my neighbor or my blood relative keep their job in Louisville. Referring to strangers as brothers and sisters just because they work for the same company or in the same union is insane. This is about protecting our jobs, our communities, our friends and family. Michigan has been so high on the horse for so long because they have had all of the investment and the headquarters for the auto companies. I have been to Dearborn and Detroit and you can have them both. It is everyone for themselves. This is not the melting pot for displaced workers. The Ohio transfers just caused 300 people born and raised here to find a new career. Remember this, the people who feel screwed by the union and Ford don't buy the product when they are gone. Cause they don't give a shit about something that doesn't affect them. Kind of like them millions of people who buy foreign cars who don't work in the auto industry or the millions of people who hire mexicans for cheap labor as the blue collar american construction worker continues to lose jobs. Save all that hippie shit of love everyone.

"It is everyone for themselves". That is exactly what the companies want to hear. That is the exact mentality that will be the demise of the American auto industry and the end of the union and the end of the middle class way of life. I know it's hard sometimes, but don't let yourselves buy in to it. Keep the brotherhood. That's the only way we're going to survive. Becoming selfish and only worrying about ourselves is going to do nothing but kill us all. United we stand, divided we fall!

Edited by fordguy61mi

we dont need anymore dickheads from the great north. keep ya'lls asses up there and keep wishing you were lucky enough to be from kentucky. we got enough pieces of shit from ohio, we dont want anymore from michigan. crime is bad enough as it is here, we sure as hell dont want anyone from the crime capital of the usa

Spoken like a true ignoramis redneck! LoL Oh and i bet ur proud to be a redneck too!

Trust me us true northerners despise the uneducated redneck type.

Ur a bitter and miserable person! God still loves ya even if u think nobody else does brother! I laughed when u

said born nd raised here............like ppl from Ohio or my MI nd VA brothers are foreigners..lol. If it wasnt for

the MI family that runs/owns our company u would never have had this good job.. food for thought maybe?!

Ur a bitter and miserable person! God still loves ya even if u think nobody else does brother! I laughed when u

said born nd raised here............like ppl from Ohio or my MI nd VA brothers are foreigners..lol. If it wasnt for

the MI family that runs/owns our company u would never have had this good job.. food for thought maybe?!

Why does some one have to be bitter? Just because they do not want their way of life disturbed due to an influx of people from another state. NEWS FLASH: whether you people move down here or not you will not distrupt my way of life.

Keep in mind, we down here have come used to the way this local has been run for so long now that we do not need you coming down here and trying to change it to suit your needs. If you do come down here just go with the flow. People from Ohio have tried for years now to change theway things are done here to no avail. If you are a medical case do yourself a favor and do not come, You will be not welcomed. We are tired of having people like that come down here and do nothing but complain. All it does is bring the morale level down. No we are not bitter but you have to understand that most of the transfer's that have come here are useless. Not saying that you or your friends would be in that catagory, I just want you to understand how we feel about outsiders trying to distrupt our way of life. You yourself would not like somebody coming up there and doing it to you so do not do it here.

What it cost you to drive across the bridge everyday is killing any savings you have living in indiana.

If someone lives 30 miles from the plant, no matter which state they live in, it will cost the same to go to work. IE: you live 30 miles from the plant and you live in KY. It will cost you the same amount of money each day to drive to work as someone who lives in Indiana who drives 30 miles to the plant each day. Just another prime example of that famous Bush fuzzy math at work.

What it cost you to drive across the bridge everyday is killing any savings you have living in indiana.

not even close. the savings on taxes and everything else far outweighs the cost to live in ky. maybe if i lived in henry or carroll county, but im that far away now. the only thing i buy in ky are my smokes. beside bruce lunsford just passed another gas tax for kentuckians, so screw thier politicians, i buy my gas in indiana

Why does some one have to be bitter? Just because they do not want their way of life disturbed due to an influx of people from another state. NEWS FLASH: whether you people move down here or not you will not distrupt my way of life.

Keep in mind, we down here have come used to the way this local has been run for so long now that we do not need you coming down here and trying to change it to suit your needs. If you do come down here just go with the flow. People from Ohio have tried for years now to change theway things are done here to no avail. If you are a medical case do yourself a favor and do not come, You will be not welcomed. We are tired of having people like that come down here and do nothing but complain. All it does is bring the morale level down. No we are not bitter but you have to understand that most of the transfer's that have come here are useless. Not saying that you or your friends would be in that catagory, I just want you to understand how we feel about outsiders trying to distrupt our way of life. You yourself would not like somebody coming up there and doing it to you so do not do it here.

If someone lives 30 miles from the plant, no matter which state they live in, it will cost the same to go to work. IE: you live 30 miles from the plant and you live in KY. It will cost you the same amount of money each day to drive to work as someone who lives in Indiana who drives 30 miles to the plant each day. Just another prime example of that famous Bush fuzzy math at work.

very well said.....we dont need people coming here to tell us "how they did it at home, or our union didnt let that happen" well, your not there anymore. in kentucky, do as we do or go on somewhere else

not even close. the savings on taxes and everything else far outweighs the cost to live in ky. maybe if i lived in henry or carroll county, but im that far away now. the only thing i buy in ky are my smokes. beside bruce lunsford just passed another gas tax for kentuckians, so screw thier politicians, i buy my gas in indiana

In starting I am NOT a political person and usually will not even talk about the subject, just had a wild hair.

Just to let you know Lunsford didn't pass any law, he is not in any office to do so. He lobbied years ago for tax increases on gas well before anyone thought gas would be $4.00+. These taxes were for improvments on our roads, now this is coming back to bite him in the ass, because good old Mitch is using it in his campaign ads, but Mitch in not telling us anything he has done over the past few elections is he? Also Mitch's wife was (maybe still is) the U.S. Labor Sec., What has she done to help the lose of good paying jobs in the U.S.? By the way IN. also had a tax increase on gas the same time KY. did, and it was a bigger increase I believe.

In starting I am NOT a political person and usually will not even talk about the subject, just had a wild hair.

Just to let you know Lunsford didn't pass any law, he is not in any office to do so. He lobbied years ago for tax increases on gas well before anyone thought gas would be $4.00+. These taxes were for improvments on our roads, now this is coming back to bite him in the ass, because good old Mitch is using it in his campaign ads, but Mitch in not telling us anything he has done over the past few elections is he? Also Mitch's wife was (maybe still is) the U.S. Labor Sec., What has she done to help the lose of good paying jobs in the U.S.? By the way IN. also had a tax increase on gas the same time KY. did, and it was a bigger increase I believe.

July 7 Mitch Mcconnell helped to introduced the gas price reduction act. Provisions include: increased exploration on the outer continental shelf. Lifting the ban on western oil shale exploration.Incentivizing the development of plug-in electric cars and trucks. This is the only legislation that has been offerd.

You and them are foreigners. The word is not used to only represent people outside of the US. Don't thank the Ford family, they don't buy all the cars and trucks to make the money to keep this company functioning. The last time I checked the Ford family controls the board but the last name of our boss is not Ford. They also get paid very well to do what they do win or lose. I wish it was all done out of the goodness of their heart and for the good of the country.