Have the transfers to Wayne Stamping been cancelled?

FoMoCoLoCo

Your plant has to have people on Indefiniate Lay Off in order to be able to bid on jobs....So they have no bitch!!! There people are on Temporary Lay Off.

Not really you can be on any status but here is the kicker. MTP will be going down in December for an undetermined time so the agreements between the brother and sister plant are being setup now. Honestly I do think the guys from MTP deserve a spot knowing now that they will be off for that time. Look at it like this how would they feel if the plants took the spots open at Wayne and then when the doors close at MTP no spot is available. It is no different with sterling and van dyke as this happend way too many times in the 80's.

ISA, Wayne Assy, and MTP are all in the same local. Therefore as per our local contract, we get to bid on any openings within the local before it goes outside. We are just asking the company to follow the contract.

That is only if you are not being called back. MTPer's are being called back to work so you are not technically on a permanent lay-off. I do not see how you can expect to be sent to Wayne when MTPer's still have positions to go back to. They are Ford employees with no plant to go back to. They should place these workers first because you still have a job to go to. MTP is not closing and you will have still have a place to work.

I heard (total rumor) they are going to place the people at mtp(1 shift) next door and open up buyouts. There hope is to get everyone making 28 dollars out of there and make it a 2nd tier wage plant. I heard this before we got laid off.

Has anyones transfers to Wayne Stamping been cancelled?

hey, i can finally post on here....yes i am one of those JSP Livonia guys who was called just a

few days ago to report at wayne assy. on august 4th. so is this just a rumor or should i be getting another call monday??

on the other issue, we were told that the four plant openings were open to everyone in ford. As it is, alot of my fellow union brothers and sisters who were lucky enough to stay at livonia, signed up to go to wayne because they think they will get O.T. there. Ah, hellooo,,,,McFly? they are adding a 3rd shift at stamping so it will be 8 hrs. Apparently keeping a job have while a get booted out the door isn't good enough for them...they have to sign up and take the one job i am eligble for. Yes....i know it is contract,,,but that is sad. We still had over 600 out of the 1500 left a month ago elilgble to retire. now, i hear they want to get down to 600 because of all the cuts. It could leave livonia with 30+year and up....