Sub-Frame Connector reccommendations?

REDLYNE

So, I am looking for full-length sub-frame connectors to weld-on to my snake. Any reccommendations or experiences worth sharing?

I've got to order these...and then get them installed with the GKN Stage III half-shafts that have been sitting in my garage for almost a year! Someone please advise...as I've heards most normal mustang sub-frames have to be cut and/or re-sized?!?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just thought I'd add a link to a source for Kenny Brown parts.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/machmatrix.htm

If anyone's not familiar with the Kenny Brown story it's here:

http://www.kennybrown.com/news_health_aug06.cfm

Does anyone know if the parts from "rpmoutlet" are legitimate? Is it "OK" to buy from them (I'd hate to be part of cheating the guy who built up the business).

Dan

Steeda full length (Cr. Mly) with seat supports here. They required notching to clear the 96-98 tranny crossmember, but it was easy and the parts are first rate.

Remember to tack and weld with weight on the wheels, and use sticth welding to prevent heating up the carpeting and the underlay.

We went with Steeda Full length with seat brackets, also Zinc coated on the 02 "GT vert......excellent fit and fairly straightforward install....

We are also putting them on the '93 LX 5.0 shortly.

Maximum, Griggs or Kenny Brown are all good too...I don't think the brand matters as much as the install by a competent welder/shop....

Hope this helps you some

John

So, I am looking for full-length sub-frame connectors to weld-on to my snake. Any reccommendations or experiences worth sharing?

I've got to order these...and then get them installed with the GKN Stage III half-shafts that have been sitting in my garage for almost a year! Someone please advise...as I've heards most normal mustang sub-frames have to be cut and/or re-sized?!?

Be sure to have the suspension loaded when the subs are installed. A drive on lift is what

you need.

good luck,

• 6 months later...
MM Full Length/XL units should be great.

Absolutely make sure they are installed on a drive on lift and you may want to seriously consider pulling the carpet up before doing the welding to prevent any possibility of burning through.

A good installer can weld them on without damaging the carpet. JBA has welded connectors on 3 of my Cobras without removing the carpet.

• 1 month later...