Saline....Is it true?

whatunion?

So, how long you figure we got?

How long does it take to move $300,000,000.00 worth of new shit, plus incidentals. Of course, we'll be leaving the new concrete behind...

Anybody?

We're screwed!

Can you say, JSP?

Relax, you will be fine I am sure....this thing may take a 1 month or 2 to get the details worked out!! :reading:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does it take to move $300,000,000.00 worth of new shit, plus incidentals. Of course, we'll be leaving the new concrete behind...

Anybody?

We're screwed!

Can you say, JSP?

I don't think even a gypsy with a crystal ball could tell us that. Time will tell. I do think we'll be here longer than anyone thought, and that's a good thing!

Anybody?

We're screwed!

Can you say, JSP?

Based on what I saw at utica, it could take a couple of years to close the place, if that is what they do. To move the work out, it has to be cheaper, they have to find someone to do it. right now, that is difficult, because none of the suppliers have the cash to take on these jobs. So, my belief is, that at the worse, we will see the lines run out model years, then go away. Oddly enough, there is new work coming into Saline, and that is planned to continue, so, who the hell knows what is going to happen. I think, and this is only my opinion, that they will just keep the place as it is, and try to sell it later. We could be there 5 more years. I am a little torn about it, because I am glad to be working, but I am SOOOOO sick and tired of the drive. If I could sell my house for a profit..I would. But I would lose my butt, so I have to drive.

Just heard from several people that JCI "officially" backed out.....That Ford is putting the Blue Oval back out and that everyone who left to flowback will be able to return to Saline. Any info out there?

Yes its true the BLUE OVAL is coming to back Saline, I heard from a reliable source yesterday.

Its just a matter of time. Management has to work out several issues first.

What to do with the ORANGE temps.?

When or weather to bring BLUE employees from other ACH plants thats closing?

Its a big mess.... BUT its a good thing.

My opinion is to offer Blue employees in Gen to come to Saline first, then if any openings are left give the openings to the Orange temps, then as more Blue go into Gen, offer them positions those Orange temps hold and so on.

Not rocket science really.

Yes its true the BLUE OVAL is coming to back Saline, I heard from a reliable source yesterday.

My opinion is to offer Blue employees in Gen to come to Saline first, then if any openings are left give the openings to the Orange temps, then as more Blue go into Gen, offer them positions those Orange temps hold and so on.

IF that is true, I would think, they would HAVE to allow those that left under the pretext that Saline was being sold, would have to be given the opportunity to return. That would be the "right" thing to do. We would have NEVER left, had we not been told that Saline was absolutely going to be sold or closed.

If the do offer the people that left a chance to come back I think the flat rockers that we had here that went back to flat rock are the ones that will be screwed. I mean they did return to basic unit right so they would have no call back rights here. Sucks for them but atleast they are working.

IF that is true, I would think, they would HAVE to allow those that left under the pretext that Saline was being sold, would have to be given the opportunity to return. That would be the "right" thing to do. We would have NEVER left, had we not been told that Saline was absolutely going to be sold or closed.
AMEN to that!

Wrong, you will not be blue...Ford still wants to sell you!!! Orange employees will unfortunately probably be on the street. Those that left that are in JSP may have the opportunity to return, but only those in JSP!!! Again...stayed tuned it may take 1 or 2 months to figure out!

My supervisor, who is a leased Visteon employee, said today that he received an e-mail a few days ago informing him that all the Visteon people leased to Ford have been extended until the year 2014. They were previously leased until 2010. Hopefully Ford plans on us being here that long. :)

Edited by fordguy61mi

Put the crack pipe down, sister!

Anyone hear about a certain bargining rep's report date to Wayne? She was supposed to go before shutdown, and got an appeal to help with negotiations. I was told they were holding a spot for her. I'm just curious since there haven't been any negotiations for quite a while and now anymore. If this worked for her I'm sure alot of people would like to appeal on being told a lie, and now they don't have a job anymore. :banghead::stirpot:

You come here and post this. And now she is reporting to your plant on Monday ( :shades: ) Aug. 25th. How does it make you feel? :stirpot:

Edited by wildosvt

All I have to say is :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: .

Come on...she wasn't that bad. You could have had a lot worse and probably will. I would let her represent me any day! I think that the politics got her. I am sure she was scared just like everyone else......no one could have known what was going to happen next. We all know that, not knowing is very stressful. Give her a break...she served the membership well. I wish her luck!!

Come on...she wasn't that bad. You could have had a lot worse and probably will. I would let her represent me any day! I think that the politics got her. I am sure she was scared just like everyone else......no one could have known what was going to happen next. We all know that, not knowing is very stressful. Give her a break...she served the membership well. I wish her luck!!

Speaking only for myself, I have nothing against Kathy. Yes, for the most part she was a good rep. Now, with that said, I'm glad to hear she was forced to flow. Irrevocable means irrevocable. I don't care who you are. If she had been able to stay, then the rest of us should have been able to return. It's that simple. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ok I'll give her a break when some one tells me the difference between her and anyone else? Fair is fair. Lets talk about the real problem. The union leadership telling people they better sign up for the flow back . "Its a done deal" The discussions with JCI were very limited into late April and early May, yet the union leader is telling people he is going to go into gen pool and his wife is taking the early retirement when the deal is done. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: What a lie. People lost there homes to flowback only to get ILOed. He needs to understand he is playing with peoples lives. Don't think for a moment he didn't have a chance to tell people the discussion were not going so good and not at all. Yet he insisted the deal is going to go thru. Read the newspapers Pete. The people on the outside knew the deal was a long shot. Good Luck at the next elections. :hysterical: