Customer Complaint

kmitch

Quite a price difference between a GT/CS and a GT500KR. :hysterical:

true they is a big price difference

get a gt and then have it mod don't make the cs a half breed or a shelby gt

shit happens !it's time to move on. i had a f-150 kingranch and it smelled like antifreeze

the day i picked it up. the dealer went threw the truck they found nothing .told me he could have the inside cleaned but it mit not

take the smell out. so i waitted and trade it for me GT/CS things happen, but my dealer took

care of me and it smelled the day i drove it down to trade it.

but i'm still a ford girl all the way :shades:

Edited by winterfrost

true they is a big price difference

get a gt and then have it mod don't make the cs a half breed or a shelby gt

shit happens !it's time to move on. i had a f-150 kingranch and it smelled like antifreeze

the day i picked it up. the dealer went threw the truck they found nothing .told me he could have the inside cleaned but it mit not

take the smell out. so i waitted and trade it for me GT/CS things happen, but my dealer took

care of me and it smelled the day i drove it down to trade it.

but i'm still a ford girl all the way :shades:

I guess my Cobra is a half-breed too with its Roush body kit. :shrug:

Here are the things I didn't expect I'd have to go through with a new car:

1. At 320 miles, I wouldn't expect parts to fail. Quality control at the part manufacturer should have caught both faulty items (snsor and alternator)

At 0 miles, both parts probably weren't faulty.

Not sure I can add much value here but I have to echo what others have said. Cars today, ANY car, is a VERY complex piece of machinery. In your case something wasn't up to standards and had an issue. Sometimes this can be nothing more than a twenty-five cent fuse that was the 1 out of a 1000 deviation. It happens! I don't care what car you get or how much it costs. I've had almost all the luxury models and seen it.

Now having said this doesn't make it easier on you to be the one guy in a 1000 that has the problem, but Ford and dealership stood by the warranty and got it fixed...we hope!

I wouldn't get too worked up and start yelling the "sky is falling" after a single issue especially not one that failed so early. That is a GOOD failure! It's the ones that creep up over years that eat away at ya.

In the Navy we called this the "shakedown cruise" where even on a billion dollar submarine, with strict "Sub-Safe" parts requirements and testing, guess what? Some issues were found every time!

Relax...go drive you car!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

My Trooper needed a new transmission at 40k (warranty). 100k later there's been no further problems. My Saab has so many little niggling issues and lights I've lost count (warranty....but the last time I buy a European car. I'm 0/4 [Audi, Volvo, BMW, Saab] with little issues over the past 20 years of trying). Our Toyota Highlander has been perfect through 90k.

Point: Cars are complex. The fact that the failure(s) were disappointing but didn't recur is encouraging. Enjoy your ride.

Just a possibility, you should check the passenger's floor board for dampness, right up against the kick panel.

Sometimes there is a water leak problem in that area that gets the electronics wet. There is a TSB available on the issue.

Oh great. Now he's REALLY gonna panic. LEMON!!!