BUILD AN '09 ESCAPE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUCKRACER

Just go to carsdirect.com

I looked out there yesterday and today and can not see how to choose an 09. The options when you choose escape still default to 08. Is there something I am doing wrong? Not that I need to do this, just wanted to point out that an 09 does not look like it is available on the site mentioned.

I looked out there yesterday and today and can not see how to choose an 09. The options when you choose escape still default to 08. Is there something I am doing wrong? Not that I need to do this, just wanted to point out that an 09 does not look like it is available on the site mentioned.

Here is a direct link to the carsdirect.com escape page.

http://www.carsdirect.com/build/stylewizar...p;zipcode=32207

The last 5 digits are for a Jacksonville, FL zip code. I have gotten price comparisons over the past few months for a 2009 Escape from Carsdirect, Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com), Edmunds (www.edmunds.com) and a few other sites. I ordered my new 09 Escape the first week of July and used the invoice pricing I received from these sites to negotiate my price (actually got it for just under invoice). There may be slight differences from site to site, but they are all close enough to use for accurate pricing.

Here is a direct link to the carsdirect.com escape page.

http://www.carsdirect.com/build/stylewizar...p;zipcode=32207

The last 5 digits are for a Jacksonville, FL zip code. I have gotten price comparisons over the past few months for a 2009 Escape from Carsdirect, Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com), Edmunds (www.edmunds.com) and a few other sites. I ordered my new 09 Escape the first week of July and used the invoice pricing I received from these sites to negotiate my price (actually got it for just under invoice). There may be slight differences from site to site, but they are all close enough to use for accurate pricing.

Sorry I looked for a Hybrid. Yes, the regular Escape information is readily available. :happy feet:

Sorry I looked for a Hybrid. Yes, the regular Escape information is readily available. :happy feet:

If carsdirect doesn't list the hybrid, I am pretty sure the other sites I listed do. I also researched hybrids before I decided on the gas model. Most of my commuting is on the open road. Very little in town driving and it would take me forever to make up the difference in cost.

So you negotiated down to the X-plan? :shades:

I tried to get an X Plan, but no one on any of the forums offered. I started at my credit union and was directed to United Buyer's Service. My plan was to contact 3 dealerships that were not all owned by the same dealership coorperation. I told eash that I was soliciting 3 separate offers and that once given a price, I would not negotiate...only wanted the rock bottom offer from each. The United Buyer's service came in with a very decent offer, the local dealership in my home town would not give me a money price and only told me that they would charge me $100 over whatever it cost them, but they would never tell me what it would cost them. :happy feet: The third dealership was almost $400 below the United Buyer's Service and also below invoice. After researching the build sites I didn't see where I had a need to ask them for a lower price. :happy feet: Ordered it on 7 July, build date scheduled for 18 August and just heard from the dealership yesterday that they expect delivery to their lot during the first week of September. That may be too optimistic, but I know it will be soon now.