Scorpion Diesel Design

hindy

Sounds good except for the whole made in Mexico part, I have no problem with a car like the Fiesta being built in Mexico as it is low profit but I know that Ford will be charging 7-8k for this new motor and tranny combo which will make it a 40-50k truck with a motor made in Mexico!

• 1 month later...
And the present rumor is thats Scorpion has JOB 1 date in Aug 2009 much ahead than expected

Mexico: Job 1 for Ford's Scorpion engines now 12 months away

By John Mortimer

12 August, 2008

Source: Automotive World

The start of production for Ford's Scorpion diesel engine programmes at the Chihuahua Engine Plant is now just 12 months away.

Good thing my 2009 Navistar 6.4 equipped F-350 SD is on it's way... American Iron! :happy feet:

:stirpot:

• 4 weeks later...
Question: Why did Ford develop the Scorpion diesels with the overhead valve engine design, rather than overhead cam design?

No only is it a proven design, cheaper to make and requires less maintanence, but it is unnecessary in an application where high rpm numbers are not needed and it makes for a lower profile head design, taking up less room under the hood.

No only is it a proven design, cheaper to make and requires less maintanence, but it is unnecessary in an application where high rpm numbers are not needed and it makes for a lower profile head design, taking up less room under the hood.

Copy all, thanks for the insight! I just wish they didn't require all the extra emission crap on the diesel engines.