FORD ACH VISTEON PLANTS MI. OH. IN.

Several US Automotive Components Holdings Plants Had MOU'S. then NOTHING.

Recently the Deals that have falling through were Saline and Sandusky.... and on hold is Milan rumured because of a Tax Abatement issue.

These plants plan NOT to close as promised. They will stay open past their 2008 closing deadline. So what now?

Do they bring back all the BLUE workers who left? Do they continue to push Buy-outs, and transfers, so they can hire more ORANGE employees.

I beleive who have won this particular "BATTLE" are the BLUE employees working at these three plants who chose to "Ride-it-Out" and chose not to take the buy-out or sign any transfers. They are the initial winners here.

Do Ford have an obligation to take back the BLUE employees who transfered from these plants in fear of them closing?

Under the 2007 contract Ford has stated they need to have 20% two-tier entry level employees, they can acheive this through using all the ACH plants to hire them? Or does these count? Why wouldn't they count?

Ford will continue to threaten to close these plants so most the BLUE employees leave, and Hire replacement ORANGE employees, and then BOOM! Guess what happens next. Can you see the BIG picture now.

Recently the Deals that have falling through were Saline and Sandusky.... and on hold is Milan rumured because of a Tax Abatement issue.

These plants plan NOT to close as promised. They will stay open past their 2008 closing deadline. So what now?

Do they bring back all the BLUE workers who left? Do they continue to push Buy-outs, and transfers, so they can hire more ORANGE employees.

I beleive who have won this particular "BATTLE" are the BLUE employees working at these three plants who chose to "Ride-it-Out" and chose not to take the buy-out or sign any transfers. They are the initial winners here.

Do Ford have an obligation to take back the BLUE employees who transfered from these plants in fear of them closing?

Under the 2007 contract Ford has stated they need to have 20% two-tier entry level employees, they can acheive this through using all the ACH plants to hire them? Or does these count? Why wouldn't they count?

Ford will continue to threaten to close these plants so most the BLUE employees leave, and Hire replacement ORANGE employees, and then BOOM! Guess what happens next. Can you see the BIG picture now.

SRP, Sheldon roads future is the same as these. We are negotiating with Valeo one day . The next we arent and so on .

Ford does not have an obligation to send anyone back. This is pure rumor, And someone is having a field day with keeping it going.

I would'nt mind seeing a number of people return, We have a need for people who care about the product and doing a good job. But flowing was voluntary and irrevocable.

Ford does not have an obligation to send anyone back. This is pure rumor, And someone is having a field day with keeping it going.

I would'nt mind seeing a number of people return, We have a need for people who care about the product and doing a good job. But flowing was voluntary and irrevocable.

If anyone can do it....Pete can!!

Stay tuned!!

:shades:

SRP, Sheldon roads future is the same as these. We are negotiating with Valeo one day . The next we arent and so on .

What wil happen they will continue to tell you they are closing so you leave and then they hire Orange employees at China's current wages/benefit package.

SInce the gas prices have skyrocketed in spring No one wants no part of these auto parts plants.

The company that bought Fords Monroe Driveshaft business in January is now crying FOUL.

Had that company waited a little longer and seen the gas prices go up they would have not bought that business.

I remember when Valeo signed that MOU and nothing since. Now I can almost guarantee you Valeo will not purchase the Sheldon rd plant at the current MOU.

Ford Way Forward plans looks more like the Way Side-ward.

Ford's leaders do not have a clue what they are trying to accomplish.

Alls we all know that is Ford will continue to lose market share in automobile sales.

The company that bought Fords Monroe Driveshaft business in January is now crying FOUL.

Not crying foul. They are having more problems with the people in Monroe and getting what both parties agreed upon more than the slow down of their business.

Hell, they already won new contracts from Chrysler for a couple of products, and are close to winning some Nissan and GM business. Buying Ford's driveshaft business got their foot in the door.

ACH/Indy is chugging along. They tell us we will close at the end of 2010....I really don't think anybody knows when we will close.

I work in RV gear in Indy. TRW is taking 3 machines out on Monday to be rehabbed. The deal is on.

I heard that, too---and from reliable sources.

We need to remember also that TRW was supposed to start taking machines out April 1st.

It looks like TRW hasn't backed out, but the deal is moving slower than mgmt. said it would.

Uh, Bill... Valeo has been talking with Union for the past month or two. And they are still scheduled, last I knew, to meet August 11th to continue negotiating the new local contract for the new Valeo workforce at the brownfield site. It might be worth your while to look at reloading with them when the time comes. They may need a handful of diemakers.

Do they bring back all the BLUE workers who left? Not likely Do they continue to push Buy-outs, and transfers, so they can hire more ORANGE employees.Most Likely

I beleive who have won this particular "BATTLE" are the BLUE employees working at these three plants who chose to "Ride-it-Out" and chose not to take the buy-out or sign any transfers. They are the initial winners here.You got that right, starting with yours truly

Do Ford have an obligation to take back the BLUE employees who transfered from these plants in fear of them closing?NO

Under the 2007 contract Ford has stated they need to have 20% two-tier entry level employees, they can acheive this through using all the ACH plants to hire them?They could,BUT.... Or does these count? BUT they don't count.... Why wouldn't they count?For same reason Sterling/Rawsonville don't count(And they are already Blue plants)...

Ford will continue to threaten to close these plants so most the BLUE employees leave, and Hire replacement ORANGE employees, and then BOOM! Guess what happens next. Can you see the BIG picture now.Let me guess, after a BIG BOOM there is usually alot of SMOKE !! LOL !!

Not crying foul. They are having more problems with the people in Monroe and getting what both parties agreed upon more than the slow down of their business.

Hell, they already won new contracts from Chrysler for a couple of products, and are close to winning some Nissan and GM business. Buying Ford's driveshaft business got their foot in the door.

They shouldn't be cryin at all! Along with the business, machinery, and installation, they're gettin' the busswork and feed from Monroe... AND they've been here eyeballing the G.D. transformer and switchgear, too!! If FMC don't own NeapCo, then someone's gettin' one hell of a deal, gang. :redcard::redcard:

Uh, Bill... Valeo has been talking with Union for the past month or two. And they are still scheduled, last I knew, to meet August 11th to continue negotiating the new local contract for the new Valeo workforce at the brownfield site. It might be worth your while to look at reloading with them when the time comes. They may need a handful of diemakers.

My brother is in Tool and Die. Im just lowly production . I have been Tlo'ed the past few weeks plus shutdown. I havent been in since the end of June . Plus they have been "Negotitaing" with Valeo for how long now ?

I work in RV gear in Indy. TRW is taking 3 machines out on Monday to be rehabbed. The deal is on.

We need to remember also that TRW was supposed to start taking machines out April 1st.

It looks like TRW hasn't backed out, but the deal is moving slower than mgmt. said it would.

April 1st, then May *something*, then June, then over shutdown........ Wasn't there also a rumor floating around as early as February or March too?

I've been on vacation, so I've not heard this one yet but given the past history of TRW's "rehab" takeouts I'm going to have to say that I'll believe it when I see it... Not trying to debunk anything here, I'm just saying don't be surprised if it doesn't happen (again).

BTW, it was supposed to be a Leistritz and one of the Toccos first. Before that, it was the Hardinge lathes. Are those still the target machines or is it something new this time?

April 1st, then May *something*, then June, then over shutdown........ Wasn't there also a rumor floating around as early as February or March too?

I've been on vacation, so I've not heard this one yet but given the past history of TRW's "rehab" takeouts I'm going to have to say that I'll believe it when I see it... Not trying to debunk anything here, I'm just saying don't be surprised if it doesn't happen (again).

BTW, it was supposed to be a Leistritz and one of the Toccos first. Before that, it was the Hardinge lathes. Are those still the target machines or is it something new this time?

I'm with you...the deal might be on but I will believe it when I see it. With this economy we are in, everything is subject to change.

I'm with you...the deal might be on but I will believe it when I see it. With this economy we are in, everything is subject to change.

Well, color me surprised... They actually moved out three grinders from RV today. Apparently, they are being sent to Cincinnati (the company, not the city) for rework....... At least that's where I heard they are headed before going to TRW.

Well, color me surprised... They actually moved out three grinders from RV today. Apparently, they are being sent to Cincinnati (the company, not the city) for rework....... At least that's where I heard they are headed before going to TRW.
Maybe being sent to cincy then coming back to us? I said maybe.....nothing would shock me.

:shades:

I am a reliable source, it's one of my machines being taken out. I'm TLO'd today so I'm not in their way. When I left yesterday they had already started disconecting electrical wires/etc. The deal is done, it will just take longer for some of the machines to be taken out since the schedule was put on hold over pricing issues.

Maybe being sent to cincy then coming back to us? I said maybe.....nothing would shock me.

:stirpot: Of course nothing is impossible but here's the reality, the machine they are taking has been running like shit for years and Ford/ACH hasn't bothered to care. I have had the TRW people all over my area throughout last winter and spring then they weren't around May/June when the deal was on hold. Right before shutdown they told me they were taking one machine. They are upgrading the electrical components to make it easier to run for the untrainable monkeys.... :hysterical: In my years at Ford/Visteon/ACH they have never spent the money to totally overhaul a machine that is not needed now (our production has dropped to ridiculous levels). Our plant manager is slashing everything unnessary and working on a 40 hour (or less) one shift operation. He is a closer.

:stirpot: Of course nothing is impossible but here's the reality, the machine they are taking has been running like shit for years and Ford/ACH hasn't bothered to care. I have had the TRW people all over my area throughout last winter and spring then they weren't around May/June when the deal was on hold. Right before shutdown they told me they were taking one machine. They are upgrading the electrical components to make it easier to run for the untrainable monkeys.... :hysterical: In my years at Ford/Visteon/ACH they have never spent the money to totally overhaul a machine that is not needed now (our production has dropped to ridiculous levels). Our plant manager is slashing everything unnessary and working on a 40 hour (or less) one shift operation. He is a closer.

Every plant manager is a puppet---including the current one @ Indy. Plant managers do what they're told. KG has told at least two hourly people that he did NOT come to Indy to close us (we were extended to y/e 2010

before KG arrived).

Sales of trucks & SUV's continue to decline; Ford is burning cash big-time; hence, every plant except Wayne is cutting back---component plants, too. Everybody is facing reduced/eliminated O/T, lay-offs, etc.

Yeah, it suks to see machines leave the plant. But until the last RV gear comes off that line, I don't rule anything out.

Maybe we're toast, and the co. will resource all our products by y/e 2010. Maybe---I know it's a long shot---we'll get a gear(s) or pump(s) for the new platforms coming to MTP, LAP, and OHAP.

We'll see!

was the inverse offer in certain areas or any employee then by seniority? we are down to 4((people)) on days and 3 on nights...we had 7 on days and 5 on nights less that 2 years ago working 10-12hours...i cut t-bars by the way dept 292...probably ride the storm out...

We are running out the products we have till model changes. Who knows about future work? I'm so feed up with the bullshit and the way things are being ran that I might sign up for inverse senority layoff.... some time away might be good.

Every plant manager is a puppet---including the current one @ Indy. Plant managers do what they're told. KG has told at least two hourly people that he did NOT come to Indy to close us (we were extended to y/e 2010

before KG arrived).

Sales of trucks & SUV's continue to decline; Ford is burning cash big-time; hence, every plant except Wayne is cutting back---component plants, too. Everybody is facing reduced/eliminated O/T, lay-offs, etc.

Yeah, it suks to see machines leave the plant. But until the last RV gear comes off that line, I don't rule anything out.

Maybe we're toast, and the co. will resource all our products by y/e 2010. Maybe---I know it's a long shot---we'll get a gear(s) or pump(s) for the new platforms coming to MTP, LAP, and OHAP.

We'll see!

I hope you are so right Pump.....the only thing that worry's me is if these euro cars coming over here are exactly the same type of car that will be built here then they already have companies making parts for them...such as rack&pinion and pumps.