Problem with my breaks?

vistablue mustang

OK I have had my car in for some things most of which is just me being anal(ticks, rattles,scratched wiper lever ect.). Though I noticed about 4 months ago (car is 7months old) that when the car is stopping from speeds over 40MPH that there is a slight vibration that comes from the break pedal. The vibration does not stop me from breaking nor does it keep me from pushing down on the breaks as hard or soft as necessary, so there is no danger that comes from this. No grinding noise and the break discs don't looks damaged in any way. I do think that sometimes I hear my breaks squeek but I can never tell if it's me or the POS that is always in front of me when I hear the squeek. Other thing to note is that sometimes it's there (the vibration) and sometimes it's not. I don't know if this is normal opperation :shrug: ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Vibration in brakes is often caused by a warped rotor. Warping often also leads to one of the pads sqeaking occasionally. If it's something you can live with, it's not going to really hurt anything (though the warping may get worse over time and may require a new rotor when it's time for new brakes). Have the rotors resurfaced next time you replace the pads and see if that resolves the problem.

• 2 weeks later...