KCAP off extra week!!

K.C.Raider

Wonder if that means we'll actually return the 2nd or should we expect a phone call on the 29th also?

A friend of mine who is a millwright, said that they surveyed them and said that production would not be working the next 2 weeks (weeks of the 25th and 1st). He then said they backed off of that and said that the 25th is for sure and the 1st is a maybe. But in the tunnel it says that we are scheduled m-f 8hrs for next week. so I dont know what is true. They did not call last week until Friday so I expect they will call tomorrow

Heard it had to do with transmissions. But it was discussed at the Union meeting that a layoff week was possible to avoid an abundance of production sitting on lots once numbers started cut back. So maybe they'll kill two birds with one stone. I haven't gotten my call yet not to return Monday to Trucks and I hope I don't get it. I'm bored as hell and ready to go back so I can be bored as hell and making full pay!

Heard it had to do with transmissions. But it was discussed at the Union meeting that a layoff week was possible to avoid an abundance of production sitting on lots once numbers started cut back. So maybe they'll kill two birds with one stone. I haven't gotten my call yet not to return Monday to Trucks and I hope I don't get it. I'm bored as hell and ready to go back so I can be bored as hell and making full pay!

i stopped by the Hall this afternoon and they said we are returning next monday. I would bet that there will be more downtime to come this year, but no telling when. I hope there is no more, but shoot I make more sitting at home then going in.