Got a new Taurus X

regfootball

This would have been my vehicle of choice if there was a Class II Trailer Tow option. The original Freestyle came with the 3.0L and CVT which could not handle any towing. Sad that when they upgraded the Taurus X to the 3.5L and 6 speed they did not spend the few dollars to add in a Trailer Tow Package.

The Edge is too small (interior cargo area) and the Flex is too big (and ugly) so I'll have to wait for the new unibody Explorer.

• 3 weeks later...

Regfootball-

Congrats on your new purchase.

Any more impressions of your new Taurus X now that you've have some more seat time in it? Likes, dislikes etc.

What sort of fuel economy are you getting?

Considering getting a used 08 and would like to hear from owners who have already made the plunge.

generally 18.5 in suburban stop and go...sometimes approaches 20.

trips pretty consistent at 22-22.5. one leg i had achieved close to 24.5, but that was an anomoly.

i am convinced the FWD version would get about 15% better highway mileage. I could see 25+ on the highway with the right conditions being extremely doable.

the handling and composure are great for this type fo vehicle. it feels like a large sedan.

to be truthful, cargo capacity is lacking and i knew that it would be, compared to a minivan...in return the vehicle does not feel like a behemoth on the road.

sync is awesome. i have a 320gb hdd hooked up to it and it functions beautifully.

more as i go on....

Edited by regfootball

• 3 weeks later...