This might piss you off

imageneral

Another bone headed move by Ford.

Let's work some numbers shall we? Help me out if I make a mistake....

If diesel fuel is $5 a gallon and the Fiesta has a 15 gallon tank, it would take $75 to fill the tank every fill up.

If gasoline is $4 a gallon and the Fiesta has a 15 gallon tank, it would take $60 to fill the tank every fill up.

Driving 12,000 miles per year and using the HIGH fuel economy estimate, 65 MPG for Fiesta diesel and 30 MPG for gasoline, one would spend $984.00 per year in fuel costs for the Fiesta diesel. (12000miles/65 MPG*$5 per gallon diesel)

The Fiesta gas would cost one $2840 per year in fuel costs. (12000miles/30 MPG*$4 per gallon gas). That's a SAVINGS of $1915 dollars per year in driving the diesel vs. gas.

I know these are rough estimates but HELLO?!?!?! If the consumer can SAVE ANY money at all at the pump, don't you think they would be a little intrigued by this vehicle? Oh I forgot, when did we become a firm interested in doing what's right for the consumer in the long run, even if it means a narrower profit margin now?

Just my 2 cents.

Anyone agree/disagree?

People right now are too focused (no pun intended) on the cost of fuel. Many would run out and buy this bug, and have regrets later. We still want luxury, deep down. If you were, for example, to give up your navigation system and power sun roof, the savings would more than pay for the increase in the cost of gas. We need to put things into perspective here.

I really think they cant bring it here because of the eniromentals out there that would say it would kill the planet. now this should really piss you off check this car out. they wont bring it here either.

Tata Motors is biggest auto company in India. They bought Jaguar and Land Rover brands from Ford Motors earlier this year. They are not "small potatoes".Tata Motors to introduce Air Car - Is it the next big thing? Tata Motors is taking giant strides and making history for itself. First the Landrover-Jaguar deal , then the world's cheapest car and now it is also set to introduce the car that runs on air, compressed air to be specific.

post-21946-1221000507_thumb.jpg

I completely AGREE with every single reply on this particular thread. Imagine that, Ford wont sell a vehicle that will out perform milage wise every other vehicle sold in the US. I wonder though if we as American would buy a vehicle which typically would be out done in every other performance area( remember the YUGO) great milage but the car sucked at everything else. Just a thought

The reason they won't bring it here is the market targeted for this car will not buy a diesel. They are big city commuters that think all diesel smoke and smell awful. Until that perception is changed,the diesel is a niche player in the small car market currently. They need a hybrid version as soon as possible,thats what will sell and command a premiun price tag. The hybrid market is just starting and will only get bigger in time with the price of gas.

The reason they won't bring it here is the market targeted for this car will not buy a diesel. They are big city commuters that think all diesel smoke and smell awful. Until that perception is changed,the diesel is a niche player in the small car market currently. They need a hybrid version as soon as possible,thats what will sell and command a premiun price tag. The hybrid market is just starting and will only get bigger in time with the price of gas.

Ok if you say so can I take that to the bank. NOT>

I wonder though if we as American would buy a vehicle which typically would be out done in every other performance area( remember the YUGO) great milage but the car sucked at everything else. Just a thought

The downfall of the YUGO was due to EXTREMELY poor initial quality, and no functional service network to resolve the recalls. It didn't stand a chance.

I doubt that Ford would produce such a junk pile at this time. The car will sell very well in Europe, and there will not be a massive quality issue to kill it. Ford is currently producing spectacular quality vehicles across the board.

Your results may vary.

They need to address the emissions regulations for diesels. For a long time it was illegal to even sell diesel cars in some states (Ny and cali for example). These rules may be changing..hopefully. Mercedes will only be selling it's new diesels in 42 states due to the f'ed up laws.

Edited by kpc655

im not so smart when it comes to this stuff. can a regular joe order one of these and have it shipped here? how does that work? please no smart ass comments i just want the info thanks

You can, but you have to bring the vehicle into NHTSA and EPA compliance, and recieve certificates of compliance. The cost of that process alone could range anywhere from $50K on up. So the economics of that make it impractical for a working Joe.

The Uber-Rich do it with exotic cars when they have money to burn, and the cost is a percentage of vehicle price. $50k-100k is nothing when you can afford to pay $750K for a car.

You can, but you have to bring the vehicle into NHTSA and EPA compliance, and recieve certificates of compliance. The cost of that process alone could range anywhere from $50K on up. So the economics of that make it impractical for a working Joe.

The Uber-Rich do it with exotic cars when they have money to burn, and the cost is a percentage of vehicle price. $50k-100k is nothing when you can afford to pay $750K for a car.

well all i can say is...that sucks

I drive over 45 miles one way to get to work and most of that is at speeds over 50 mph so the hybrids will be pointless for me to buy. This car would be perfect for distance commuters or anybody going on a trip outside of town and not for the "big city" drivers. This is just another Ford screw up.

I drive over 45 miles one way to get to work and most of that is at speeds over 50 mph so the hybrids will be pointless for me to buy. This car would be perfect for distance commuters or anybody going on a trip outside of town and not for the "big city" drivers. This is just another Ford screw up.

Ditto! my commute: 56mi one way.

America needs this car, and if it comes it will sell well.

Another bone headed move by Ford.

Let's work some numbers shall we? Help me out if I make a mistake....

If diesel fuel is $5 a gallon and the Fiesta has a 15 gallon tank, it would take $75 to fill the tank every fill up.

If gasoline is $4 a gallon and the Fiesta has a 15 gallon tank, it would take $60 to fill the tank every fill up.

Driving 12,000 miles per year and using the HIGH fuel economy estimate, 65 MPG for Fiesta diesel and 30 MPG for gasoline, one would spend $984.00 per year in fuel costs for the Fiesta diesel. (12000miles/65 MPG*$5 per gallon diesel)

The Fiesta gas would cost one $2840 per year in fuel costs. (12000miles/30 MPG*$4 per gallon gas). That's a SAVINGS of $1915 dollars per year in driving the diesel vs. gas.

I know these are rough estimates but HELLO?!?!?! If the consumer can SAVE ANY money at all at the pump, don't you think they would be a little intrigued by this vehicle? Oh I forgot, when did we become a firm interested in doing what's right for the consumer in the long run, even if it means a narrower profit margin now?

Just my 2 cents.

Anyone agree/disagree?

if you have traveled central europe lately ,,almost all is small economical diesel,problem is the american consumer,all they think is dirty old nasty diesel belching vehicles of yesteryear,where our co , has failed all, is in not educating the consumer that modern tech. has changed all of that,ask any of your neighbors what they think about diesel,,almost to a one they will tell you smelly,dirty ,black belching exhaust,noisy vehicles