09 F150 power numbers

chevys

I sure hope all the bugs have been worked out of the 6-speed transmission.

I plan on buying a 2009 F-150 sometime early next year to replace my 2001 F-150 XLT, 4x4, 5.4, 4 speed auto, which has been trouble free. But I am now ready for a new truck.

I remember reading in one of the 19 reviews of the new F-150 posted here that the tranny was by far best in class.

They compared it with the new Dodge, Chevy, Toyota, and Nissan.

Hooked 'em all up to a trailer and gave them a real world flogging on winding mountain roads.

The reviewers unanimously agreed that the Ford was almost psychic in it's ability to always be in, or hold the perfect gear. It was a major reason they picked the Ford as the best in test.

One of the examples they gave was cresting a hill. They said the Ford held the gear it used to get up the hill well after cresting, and as soon as the brakes were touched on the way down the other side, it downshifted perfectly and flat out blew away the competition.

Sounds like the tranny is tuned not only nicely, but nicely enough for them to single it out as a major reason that the Ford is the truck to buy.

Get some!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG. Ford usually under estimates the HP. eg. Ford earlier touted that the new V6 in the 2009 escape would have 220 hp. When it actually wen on sale, it had 240 hp

Torque means everything in a truck engine.

You must be a Democrat.

LOL!

Pretty sure there was some heavy sarcasm in Richard's post.

I remember reading in one of the 19 reviews of the new F-150 posted here that the tranny was by far best in class.

They compared it with the new Dodge, Chevy, Toyota, and Nissan.

Hooked 'em all up to a trailer and gave them a real world flogging on winding mountain roads.

The reviewers unanimously agreed that the Ford was almost psychic in it's ability to always be in, or hold the perfect gear. It was a major reason they picked the Ford as the best in test.

One of the examples they gave was cresting a hill. They said the Ford held the gear it used to get up the hill well after cresting, and as soon as the brakes were touched on the way down the other side, it downshifted perfectly and flat out blew away the competition.

Sounds like the tranny is tuned not only nicely, but nicely enough for them to single it out as a major reason that the Ford is the truck to buy.

Get some!!!

Was this a 2009 F-150 they tested?