Atlanta Assembly Plant

:) I am amazed that the Taurus still comes up on top month after month in sales. You have taken the best car and workforce in the US, (as far as quality, commitment, and just good ole hard workin men) and rewarded them with idiling the greatest assembly plant in America. The Taurus is still one way out of this whole mess. Redesign the body for a sportier look, tag on a cool name like Lazer (cutting edge) and sell to the public again. Keep those Georgia boys workin and they will make you proud as always. We had to buy a used Taurus because they no longer sell to the public...We will drive nothing but the Taurus because we believed in driving what we make..such a disservice to your customers. I have a sneakin feeling that when the Taurus ends in Oct. then Ford sales in Georgia will plummit. Kia will most likely take the lead down South. Maybe the Way Forward means rethinking some of these plant closings.......you will never get ahead squashing the spirits of your employees.....I mean, who do you think are buying all these Ford products anyway? My prayers go out to all the dedicated workers who have given their all to the company, just to be fired. The south will rise again..................

From a business standpoint, it would take away sales from the newest products, the 500, Fusion, and Milan if the Taurus were still available to the buying public. Ford doesn't want that. Sorry, but that's the truth. Hopefully you'll get either buyouts or transfers like us in St. Louis. Best of luck.

:) I am amazed that the Taurus still comes up on top month after month in sales. You have taken the best car and workforce in the US, (as far as quality, commitment, and just good ole hard workin men) and rewarded them with idiling the greatest assembly plant in America. The Taurus is still one way out of this whole mess. Redesign the body for a sportier look, tag on a cool name like Lazer (cutting edge) and sell to the public again. Keep those Georgia boys workin and they will make you proud as always. We had to buy a used Taurus because they no longer sell to the public...We will drive nothing but the Taurus because we believed in driving what we make..such a disservice to your customers. I have a sneakin feeling that when the Taurus ends in Oct. then Ford sales in Georgia will plummit. Kia will most likely take the lead down South. Maybe the Way Forward means rethinking some of these plant closings.......you will never get ahead squashing the spirits of your employees.....I mean, who do you think are buying all these Ford products anyway? My prayers go out to all the dedicated workers who have given their all to the company, just to be fired. The south will rise again..................

I feel for you. I transfered from St. Louis to Chicago and now they are laying us off up here, and to top it off they are not giving us our bonus for moving here. Everyone is due in June or Oct. and guess when they are laying everyone off. That's right just before those dates. Bill Ford might feel bad about what is going on, but I would bet my pay check that Joe Hendricks and Mark Fields doesn't. Did you see Mark Fields was given a million dollars just to come to work for Ford. We can't get our bonuses but he can have a million. Guess I know where our money went. I hope you get the buy out. We would love to have it here Chicago. St. Louis use to be a good plant too. As far the person who said Ford is not a non-profit, he's right but he's a fool if he believes Ford isn't making money off his employees. Hey at least we buy them and then get screwed on top of it. :shrug:

I feel for you. I transfered from St. Louis to Chicago and now they are laying us off up here, and to top it off they are not giving us our bonus for moving here. Everyone is due in June or Oct. and guess when they are laying everyone off. That's right just before those dates. Bill Ford might feel bad about what is going on, but I would bet my pay check that Joe Hendricks and Mark Fields doesn't. Did you see Mark Fields was given a million dollars just to come to work for Ford. We can't get our bonuses but he can have a million. Guess I know where our money went. I hope you get the buy out. We would love to have it here Chicago. St. Louis use to be a good plant too. As far the person who said Ford is not a non-profit, he's right but he's a fool if he believes Ford isn't making money off his employees. Hey at least we buy them and then get screwed on top of it. :shrug:

Hey you are so right. Putting the shaft to its employees is not the right answer. Who do they think are gonna buy all these new Fords, not the general public thats for sure. They seem to be looking to the foreign cars at this point. Ford needs to reconsider this way forward. Like you said, Mark Fields has his way forward to the bank. Now the blue collar people suffer. So we will not be able to buy any more Ford products in Atlanta.......that is where Nascar and Alan Jackson have lifted the Ford banner for many years. The comment about people not buying the Taurus as it is too much competition for Milan, Five Hundred, and Fusion. Taurus almost outsold all 3 of those combined this last month........so go ahead and kill the best selling midsize car that you have........smart thinking, not to mention the most efficient plant in America. You will never be able to recreate that workforce again.........they will probably end up making Kia in Ga the best plant in America. Too sad. God help all those hard working Ford employees who have given them their all to make Ford the name it is today. Not only did they take pride in their work, they bought their products to keep Americans working. God bless the USA And I won't even mention the way Ford caters to the gay community. Did they not read what happend to Sodom and Gomorrah? Do they think God is not taking notes? Wake up Ford

Edited by Jazzerbabe

Hey you are so right. Putting the shaft to its employees is not the right answer. Who do they think are gonna buy all these new Fords, not the general public thats for sure. They seem to be looking to the foreign cars at this point. Ford needs to reconsider this way forward. Like you said, Mark Fields has his way forward to the bank. Now the blue collar people suffer. So we will not be able to buy any more Ford products in Atlanta.......that is where Nascar and Alan Jackson have lifted the Ford banner for many years. The comment about people not buying the Taurus as it is too much competition for Milan, Five Hundred, and Fusion. Taurus almost outsold all 3 of those combined this last month........so go ahead and kill the best selling midsize car that you have........smart thinking, not to mention the most efficient plant in America. You will never be able to recreate that workforce again.........they will probably end up making Kia in Ga the best plant in America. Too sad. God help all those hard working Ford employees who have given them their all to make Ford the name it is today. Not only did they take pride in their work, they bought their products to keep Americans working. God bless the USA And I won't even mention the way Ford caters to the gay community. Did they not read what happend to Sodom and Gomorrah? Do they think God is not taking notes? Wake up Ford

Maybe, Ford will turn this around without screwing the people who have helped build it. I really hope they give us all a buy out. Alanta has been top for quality for sometime haven't they. I heard that you guys mad all kinds of concessions as well and this is how you are treated. I also heard it was because of the airport that you were closed, any truth in that? We can give up all the concessions they want and they are still going to close the majority of the USA plants. Well America keep buying all those foreign cars and when were out of a job, who is going to buy your products so you can have a job?

I'm not sure that keeping the Taurus is the right answer for Ford. I think people will turn to the Fusion in it's absence. What I do know is that the people at Atlanta should be building the Fusion not some plant in Mexico. I guarantee the quality wont be there. You work your butt off to be the best and how do they reward you? I think we here at Norfolk are soon to be in the same boat. The best quality F-150 plant in the system and we may be out of a job here soon. Rumor has it we lost the 09 launch to Rouge when it will cost twice as much to launch it there 100millionat NAP to 200 million at Rouge. The best selling, best built vehicle in the world for over twenty years has built it's reputation on the shoulders of the people of Norfolk Assembly and now yet another top quality plant is getting the shaft. What does this say to the investors let alone the rest of the nation. You can only cut costs so much before quality suffers. When quality goes down your customers will go somewhere else. Our hearts go out to all of you at SLAP, Atlanta, and the rest of the plants who are closing. If America continues to ship jobs overseas who will buy their products. Mexicans making minimum wage can't afford to buy new Fords.

I'm not sure that keeping the Taurus is the right answer for Ford. I think people will turn to the Fusion in it's absence. What I do know is that the people at Atlanta should be building the Fusion not some plant in Mexico. I guarantee the quality wont be there. You work your butt off to be the best and how do they reward you? I think we here at Norfolk are soon to be in the same boat. The best quality F-150 plant in the system and we may be out of a job here soon. Rumor has it we lost the 09 launch to Rouge when it will cost twice as much to launch it there 100millionat NAP to 200 million at Rouge. The best selling, best built vehicle in the world for over twenty years has built it's reputation on the shoulders of the people of Norfolk Assembly and now yet another top quality plant is getting the shaft. What does this say to the investors let alone the rest of the nation. You can only cut costs so much before quality suffers. When quality goes down your customers will go somewhere else. Our hearts go out to all of you at SLAP, Atlanta, and the rest of the plants who are closing. If America continues to ship jobs overseas who will buy their products. Mexicans making minimum wage can't afford to buy new Fords.

So sorry to hear that news Norfolk. It seems like now is the time to take the money and run. Now Honda is looking to build in Ga along with Kia.........just shows they are paying attention. I guess the sad part is we will press on and make Korea and China stronger as a natioin instead of America. Atlanta knows how to build those quality vehicles along with Norfolk.........keep up the good work guys......someone is gonna come along and snatch you up for all the hard work and dedication. Too bad Ford cannot see this. If you shut down 25% of your work force, then WHO is gonna build these cars in case Ford turns around? The next generation will not care.......the chain of dedicated workers willl be broken. Our prayers go out to all the dedicated brothers and sisters who have made this name great. God help those who have made selfish decisions based on their own pay and sacrificed all the rest of the company. I am sure Henry Ford is rollin over in his grave.

We have two Taurus's in our family and they are fantastic cars, I agree it should have been redesigned rater then discontinued, I would recommend a Taurus to anyone that is in the market for a good family sedan,

We have a pair of '01 Tauruses, both chestnut brown, in the driveway. Wonder how Kia or Honda would feel with these sitting in there parking lot?

:) I am amazed that the Taurus still comes up on top month after month in sales. You have taken the best car and workforce in the US, (as far as quality, commitment, and just good ole hard workin men) and rewarded them with idiling the greatest assembly plant in America.

I hear 'ya. But it was the UAW that really failed down South when it couldn't organize in the Japanese plants. That gives the Japanese a huge cost advantage with which they are pummelling Detroit. The UAW-driven "legacy" costs (and some stupid government regulations) are driving many assembly jobs out of the U.S. Sad, isn't it?

I hear 'ya. But it was the UAW that really failed down South when it couldn't organize in the Japanese plants. That gives the Japanese a huge cost advantage with which they are pummelling Detroit. The UAW-driven "legacy" costs (and some stupid government regulations) are driving many assembly jobs out of the U.S. Sad, isn't it?

I think they are holding on to the Harber report because AAP is #1 in the nation and #2 in the world.

I think they are holding on to the Harber report because AAP is #1 in the nation and #2 in the world.

Didn't GM do almost the same thing at OKC Assembly. It had extraordinary quality numbers with its obsolete A-Body (practice makes perfect), then GM converted it to RWD SUVs before closing it. What message does that send to the rank & file?