How do I disable factory alarm

stangster

Does anyone know how to disable the factory alarm? Mine goes off randomly, for example, today I had drivers door open and went to other side and opened passenger door, and it went off. A few minutes later I opened the hood and it went off again. If it sets overnight (unlocked) it is likely to go off. The dealer couldn't fix it so I just want to get rid of the stupid alarm!

Does anyone know how to disable the factory alarm? Mine goes off randomly, for example, today I had drivers door open and went to other side and opened passenger door, and it went off. A few minutes later I opened the hood and it went off again. If it sets overnight (unlocked) it is likely to go off. The dealer couldn't fix it so I just want to get rid of the stupid alarm!

Hi stangster. :D Assuming that your car is still under Warranty, I would politely insist that the Dealer contact the Regional Ford Service Representative to have a Ford engineer take a look at the vehicle.

Just saying "We can not fix it" is not acceptable, assuming that they have seen the problem occur first hand. Or, did the say that they can not fix it if it does not occur while they have the car? There is a big difference between the two statements.

If they have seen the problem occur first hand, and will not escalate the problem to the Ford Rep, you need to follow through by calling Ford's Customer Service number and filing a complaint. Then you need to read your "Warranty Booklet" (not the Owners Manual), and begin filing a complaint with the "BBB (Better Business Bureau) Auto Line Program" (it is listed in the Table of Contents). This is the next step in the Customer Complaint Resolution process.

This is just my advice, as I would certainly not accept having a 1-2 year old car in which I had to disable the alarm to maintain my sanity. I would insist (again, politely) that it be repaired or replaced.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

They can't get it to do it while they have it. They did call this afternoon saying they were going to call someone at Ford to see what to do next. Got my fingers crossed.

Hi stangster. :D Okay, that information was important to know. Let them do their job escalating this to the Ford Rep, as they seem to be correctly doing.

Modern cars are complicated pieces of machinery. Give them time to find the problem before you discuss disabling anything.

Keep us updated, and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...
Hi stangster. :D Okay, that information was important to know. Let them do their job escalating this to the Ford Rep, as they seem to be correctly doing.

Modern cars are complicated pieces of machinery. Give them time to find the problem before you discuss disabling anything.

Keep us updated, and good luck. :beerchug:

After 3 trips to the dealer my factory alarm is finally fixed.

First trip: they couldn't find anything wrong.

Second trip: they replaced the SJB, the first time I opened the door after I got it home the alarm went off.

Third trip: told them to keep the car until it was fixed. After two days they found a dead short in the drivers door.