Had enough of this economic uncertainty?

S.Knight

If you like the way the country is going with high gas prices ((tripled under Bush and the Republican agenda). 4 million good tax paying American manufacturing jobs (under Bush and the Republican agenda) gone unless something changes. An endless war. A less safe world (under Bush and the Republican agenda). High inflation. Milk, Bread, staples have all tripled in the last 6 years. Mortgage crisis. Bank bail out funded by my tax dollars because of Bush and the Republican Agenda further removed the safe gaurds put in place to stop this from happening. Poverty, no middle class, high unemployment, home values less than half from just 3 years ago. My yearly income has continued to drop year after year since 2002. It is sickenig.

If you like the Bush, McCain and the Republican agenda, then I guess you will like more of the same and then some.

Myself, I am fed up.

God bless Obama.........

Obama will bring inflation just as McCain will.

If the bailout passes you should look further than the two parties because they know the American peoples view in this and they went against it. I say if because it's actually looking like it might not pass.

Now as far as the safeguards to stop this from happening, it was BOTH PARTIES like it or not.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would propose that you compare the difference in the economy when Bill Clinton left office to what we have now, and you will know exactly the scope of change possible.

O.K. Lets look at The Clinton administrations role in todays economy.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?arti...281474977450714

Edited by Dale143

There are plenty of people who deserve blame for this mess on both sides. President Clinton signed the bill deregulating the banks, which most democrats would like to forget. I blame President Bush for not putting regulation back into the system. As far as conservatives giving up our issues of guns and abortion, its not going to happin. The christian community holds near and dear the right of the unborn babies to live. Call me a gun toing, church going redneck if you wish, but I would rather lose my job, than lose my values.

No one is saying you have to change your values, but the problem with most Republicans is that they feel the need to force their values on everyone else. You are pro life, don't get an abortion. You want to keep your guns, go ahead. Against gay marriage, if you're not gay, then why worry about it?

No one has any right to force their values upon anyone else. How'd that work out for Nazi Germany?

This is the smartest post in this topic................I am as Union as they come but also smart enough to realize that without Ford Motor Company, there is no U.A.W.

Also, anyone with any amount of common sense knows who will pay for the tax increase on big corporations. We will.

Of course when the ONLY reason you vote for a (joke), opps, I mean canidate, is because "he doesn't look like the other people on the dollar bills" issues become meaningless don't they?

By taxing corporations more and citizens less, then citizens will have more money to spend on these corporations therefore generating more taxable profit for the corporations. Granted, the corporations will pass the expense onto the consumer, but if you give the consumer more disposable income then everybody wins. Right now people are so stretched paying their bills that they are not buying new cars if they don't need them.

Myself, I have gone from two payments to one and I can't wait till that one is gone so I can save to go on a vacation. People like me are not buying cars because they want to anymore. My Focus will roll 150k this week and I would like a new car, but I don't need one. Car is paid for, gets 30 mpg, why replace it?

If you like the way the country is going with high gas prices ((tripled under Bush and the Republican agenda). 4 million good tax paying American manufacturing jobs (under Bush and the Republican agenda) gone unless something changes. An endless war. A less safe world (under Bush and the Republican agenda). High inflation. Milk, Bread, staples have all tripled in the last 6 years. Mortgage crisis. Bank bail out funded by my tax dollars because of Bush and the Republican Agenda further removed the safe gaurds put in place to stop this from happening. Poverty, no middle class, high unemployment, home values less than half from just 3 years ago. My yearly income has continued to drop year after year since 2002. It is sickenig.

If you like the Bush, McCain and the Republican agenda, then I guess you will like more of the same and then some.

Myself, I am fed up.

God bless Obama.........

Please explain how the president or any president controls gasoline prices? They can't. It's no different than the cost of health care,insurance ,prescription drugs,etc. If you have any kind of memory when the current group of democrats took control of the house and senate Pelosi made a press release stating they were launching a probe into the gasoline prices and price gouging. They were going to lower gas prices. Guess what,the prices went way up. The president requests money and the congress spends it. The dems have control of both houses and can pass what ever they want if they vote together. No democrat or republican wants to stick their neck out so not much changes. Both parties have little in common with anyone that has a "normal" job.

Although the economy is in bad shape my wages and family life has improved each year and none of that is from any president elect or the idiots in congress. Like another poster stated some people decide on morals. Obama & McCain have little in common with my life style or anyone I know. To think either of these guy's will dramatically change your friends or neighbors lives is a pipe dream.

Obama will tax where the money is. Corporations , the working , your parents estate when they die and you inherit what is left. The congress spends too much money and does to hold to a budget.

Obama is a liberal and his voting record is clear. McCain is hardly the best man for the job but between the two choices he wins hands down.

The "less safe" world comment is pretty funny. If you REALLY believe that the U.S. is that bad you should do some charcoal grilling inside the house.

(windows closed).

U guys are all bitchin about stuff that dont matter!!Were at the brink of a 1929ish meltdown, the foreign banks could come in here and clean up and own us for a very long time!!

Example U have a house mort. u owe 100K and its worth 250K Lets say u bought it for 175K.

Now lets say u get laidoff along with millions of others and u cant find a job. the bank are not gonna give u a equity line loan even though u got plenty of equity. U cant pay your bills and fall behind on your mort.

Guess what the banks are gonna let u go under and then take your house from u and keep the equity.

Yes the rothchilds and house of windsor are still running the world this stuff goes back to the middle ages, I believe it goes back to the knights templar who started the modern loan process during the crusades.

No one is saying you have to change your values, but the problem with most Republicans is that they feel the need to force their values on everyone else. You are pro life, don't get an abortion. You want to keep your guns, go ahead. Against gay marriage, if you're not gay, then why worry about it?

No one has any right to force their values upon anyone else. How'd that work out for Nazi Germany?

So is it ok for the Dems to force there's on everyone?

Lets see McCain is heading toward 73 years old. He is out of touch with the working people today. He cant even say the words Middle class with out puking.

So lets look at this scenario.......McCain gets sick or even worse dies while in office.

Holy shit Palin is our President???!!!

My God this woman doesnt no Shit. She is dumber than Quayle X10.

Iam Fed Up!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Obama

Oh yeah......... That old F$%K McCain didnt have his flag on his lapel during the debate so I am not voting for him.

I wonder how much money Ford paid in taxes last year? If the govt said Ford you dont have to pay any Federal tax this year, how much would they save? Last time I looked at the tax code you have to make a profit to be taxed! Ford didnt make any money and therefore paid no Federal tax who cares if the tax rate was 35% or 50% you only pay it on profit.

Obama is for the Employee Free Choice Act. This will give workers the ability to negotiate better income and benefits. We all know Americans spend everything they make and most spend more then they make, this will create a demand for cars, trucks ect... and Ford might even sell more vehicles. McCain will give corporations tax breaks. Currently America has the second highest tax rate in the industrialized world, but after all of the loopholes, America is second from the lowest tax rate. But we all know that tax cuts dont equate into investment or jobs, demand creates investment and jobs. If Ford didnt pay any taxes, would they hire more people to build cars that no one is buying? NO! This supply side economic argument that was pushed by Regan wont work.

The other day there was a lawyer on the radio who helped create legislation after the S&L crisis. He said that we have enough good legislation but over the last few years it wasnt being enforced.

I will vote for my job and go with Obama and pray that working people go to school and learn about economics so they can vote on real issues that our government is elected to run.

Skilled1,

Obviously you have never faced your own mortality or you would not be so concerned for John McCain. I would remind you that none of us are promised tomorrow....including Senator Obama.

Maybe you will feel differently when you approach the age of 70. I'd like to think that with age comes experience. I know Joe Biden has said some things lately that make me question his thinking and he's no "spring chicken."

I believe many Americans are feeling "fed up" right now, so don't think have the market cornered on that.

It is time for us all to stand up and let our people in Washington know that we expect more of them. They need to listen to the people who elected them. We are the greatest nation in the world and we need to remember that.

I have been reading these post's and it amazes me how so many people bitch about the same two topics every Election. They are 1. ABORTION 2. GUN RIGHTS.

Think this one over, every four years the Candidates promise their veiws on these topics. People believe the same crap every time. The ABORTION ISSUE. I myself do not believe in women having an abortion, unless they happen to get pregnant during the course of a crime. That crime is RAPE. Also I believe that once again this is an issue that every woman has to deal with. I do not codone ABORTION but I also understand that it is every woman's choice. That my friends is where this issue ends.

GUN RIGHTS, it is in the Constitution that we can bear arms. That was the way our forefathers wrote it and that is where it needs to stay. I believe the waiting period on hand guns is a good thing. I like most of you on here are law abiding upstanding citizens and as long as we do not have a criminal record the three day waiting period is not a bad thing.

As for these issue's going away when our next President gets elected is hog wash. First the gun rights will have to pass both the House and the Senate. It wont happen. abortion, same thing.

Now for those of you that want to blame Clinton on our problems, well thatis just outlandish at best. The same for those of you that wanto to blame Regan and the first Bush. I did read something on here about GAS prices. Folks that is our biggest problem, not subprime loans, not faltered banks. GAS prices is our biggest enemy. Ford can build all the small cars they want, the oil companies will just raise the price of gas up that much more.

The price of oil burst at around $150.00 a barrel. Gas was at $4.00 plus a gallon. Now that the price of oil is down to around $92.00 a barrel why isn't gas prices down to around $2.00 plus a gallon like it was just a year or so ago? As for the President not being able to control gas prices, you are right. A President can't control those prices if he is not involved in that field. Our current Prsident is a man who made his wealth in the oil fields of Texas. Not to mention Dick Cheney's involvement with Haliburton.

It dosen't matter who win's the election this year, this country is going to hell in a hand basket and we as citizen's are not bright enough to hold our elected official's accountable. Hell we can't even hold our union leader's accountable.

Oh yeah......... That old F$%K McCain didnt have his flag on his lapel during the debate so I am not voting for him.

ROFLOL!!!!!!! I don't care who you are........ that's funny!!! :hysterical:

Throw in something about his preacher too.......

............Oh yeah, now if we can just come up with some photo where he didn't have his hand over his heart.......

Hell YEAH! Those are reasons to base your vote on!!!!!!!

I can't believe that the banks were so stupid to make those loans. There has to be something bigger behind this whole mess. Maybe there is a plot to trigger inflation to deflate the national debt to pay for the war. The banks went along because they knew ahead of time that there would be a bail-out. Just a thought. :stirpot:

The democrates voting down 700 billon dollar bailout to help this country get back on its feet again,this was predicked by mcain 6 years years ago and not a thing was done to prevent it,so lets make the repubican look bad just before elections so we can get a democratic president when congress is running this country.Who cares whos president lets make america pround again by working togather like the japanese people are doing what we taught them and allow them to take pictures of our equipment and we will laugh at them ,I think they are laughing at us buying their vechicle and senting all the profits back to japan,where parts r being made by foreignworker like chinese and vietnese and the burdese people some r paid 16 cent an hour and those parts r sent to to tenense toyota plant that our goverment gave them to built 371 millions dollars for a 1000 22hour jobs that now our being paid 11 dollars they r called tpt ,just like us,we need to tariff those country that won't allow us to compete in their ecomey.You willnever see a japanese drive a america car in japan.We can compete with them if we really want to ,so lets get off our fatass and do it or learn to speak japanese because they own everything in america,after all the greedy ceo take the money run to some exotic island and screw the middle class

The democrates voting down 700 billon dollar bailout to help this country get back on its feet again,this was predicked by mcain 6 years years ago and not a thing was done to prevent it,so lets make the repubican look bad just before elections so we can get a democratic president when congress is running this country.Who cares whos president lets make america pround again by working togather like the japanese people are doing what we taught them and allow them to take pictures of our equipment and we will laugh at them ,I think they are laughing at us buying their vechicle and senting all the profits back to japan,where parts r being made by foreignworker like chinese and vietnese and the burdese people some r paid 16 cent an hour and those parts r sent to to tenense toyota plant that our goverment gave them to built 371 millions dollars for a 1000 22hour jobs that now our being paid 11 dollars they r called tpt ,just like us,we need to tariff those country that won't allow us to compete in their ecomey.You willnever see a japanese drive a america car in japan.We can compete with them if we really want to ,so lets get off our fatass and do it or learn to speak japanese because they own everything in america,after all the greedy ceo take the money run to some exotic island and screw the middle class

Learn the FACTS first. Maybe that's what's wrong with our country.

ROFLOL!!!!!!! I don't care who you are........ that's funny!!! :hysterical:

Throw in something about his preacher too.......

............Oh yeah, now if we can just come up with some photo where he didn't have his hand over his heart.......

Hell YEAH! Those are reasons to base your vote on!!!!!!!Remember bill ayers,communist frank marshall davis,obama tutelage in saul alinsky's community organization methodology,also corrupt fixer tony rezko,his pastor a known black-liberation theologyof Reverend jeremiah Wright and his history with louis farrakham,there alot more i will say more later but u all need to look closely how he glot where he is today and vote for whoever u want ,it takes .*courage to being openminded

[/te]

Ther was a poll today and it said 80 percentof our problems were created by congress and 5 percent said it was bush policy.think think before you vote and any actor or actress tell me how to vote i will no longer watch their movies and that oprah show i used to watch every day ,because it help me as a person ,i know longing watch ,because i feel she is a racist against white men ,i am a white man and i love her for all she did for hurting people in this world ,she is a phoney and i will pray for her racist views.

Heres one for you Palin McCain supporters.

Part of MCcains tax plan is to tax your employer provided health insurance. He doesnt hide it just comes right out and tells you and every Republican pinhead applauds.

Heres how it breaks down.

Every December we get a item line on our check that shows our Legal Services as income and we are taxed 25%.

Every December I get PISSED OFF.

Now under McCains tax plan to generate tax revenue he is going to tax us on our benefits.

Every December $8,000-$10,000 will be put on you check as income.

Every December I WILL BE PISSED OFF.

This taxable income will translate to us paying a additional $1,800- $2,200 taxes a year.

How does this help the middle class?

IAM FED UP

GOD BLESS OBAMA

Edited by Skilled1

Heres one for you Palin McCain supporters.

Part of MCcains tax plan is to tax your employer provided health insurance. He doesnt hide it just comes right out and tells you and every Republican pinhead applauds.

Heres how it breaks down.

Every December we get a item line on our check that shows our Legal Services as income and we are taxed 25%.

Every December I get PISSED OFF.

Now under McCains tax plan to generate tax revenue he is going to tax us on our benefits.

Every December $8,000-$10,000 will be put on you check as income.

Every December I WILL BE PISSED OFF.

This taxable income will translate to us paying a additional $1,800- $2,200 taxes a year.

How does this help the middle class?

IAM FED UP

GOD BLESS OBAMA

OK pin head.Obama said he will let the Bush taxcode end and we will get a 1k tax break.sounds nice,but Clinton tax code minus$1k is a $5k tax raise.How does that help the middle class? Educate yourself on everything and if you still like Obama then vote for him.But dont do it just because the dems or the uaw told you to.I hear people all the time"The democrats are for the working man" and I say prove it.They never have a answer,they heard that once and repeat it.People never take the time to read all they can and then decide.

Maybe you should look at the tax code again! Under Clinton a person making $60,000 in 1996 would pay around $11,600. Ten years later 2006, a person making $70,000 would pay around $11,000 under Bush. I dont see the $5K your talking about.

Yes anyone getting medical benefits would end up paying more under McCain's tax plan, no two ways about it. But I could care less about our medical, as soon as the UAW tells Ford that they dont have to cover its workers medical payments, the membership will cry and demand National Health Care that helps all working people. This will also help Ford save money, what all you Republican's want. I dont get the mentality that if its good for the master, its good for the slave! Then Ford will have more money and they can spend $10 billion in Mexico instead of $3 billion. Once they are fully invested in Mexico they can walk away for the U.S. and still make profits.

Although Clinton signed NAFTA, McCain is pushing for more unfair trade deals that help the rich but does nothing to protect American workers.

For people who make under $250,000 a year there really isnt a choice, Obama.

Thats like the pot calling the kettle black. The problem with most democrats is they want to force their Marxist and Socialist ideology on us. And thats the way Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union believed. And we do know how'd that worked out for them. I believe in the constitution,capitalism and God and that might offend you. Thats what I'm willing to stand up and fight for. I can see you don't care or worry about it as long as it doesn't effect your pay check. And I feel sorry for you. Over 200 years ago The Founding Father put it all on the line for something bigger than themselves.

For years, we've been told by the government and by the pundits that there is no money for national healthcare, no money for schools, no money for the levees, no money to fix bridges, no money for a decent public transportation system, no money to fully fund social security, and no money to alleviate the needs of the poor. Now, the President and Congress have told us, "Wait a second folks, there's a trillion we can play around with to bail out the Wall Street firms which have been bleeding you for years."

True, the Democrats are trying to tweak this corporate give-away. The Democrats, after all, are good at tweaking. But, we don't need an improvement on a plan hatched by the Bush Administration as a last grab for the rich - a grab which follows the trillions which have already gone to the rich in the way of tax breaks and the war in Iraq, a war which has shifted masses amount of taxpayer monies to arms manufacturers and unscrupulous military contractors.

Instead, now that we know there is a $1 trillion out there for the taking, we must insist that the needs of the working and middle class people in this country be taken care of, and taken care of now. The choice is stark - we can insist that this money go to solve basic human needs and benefit us as a society, or we can watch that money go to the rich bankers who got is into the mess we're in. And, if the latter course is taken, you can be guaranteed that there will be no money left over for social programs.

Edited by imageneral

For years, we've been told by the government and by the pundits that there is no money for national healthcare, no money for schools, no money for the levees, no money to fix bridges, no money for a decent public transportation system, no money to fully fund social security, and no money to alleviate the needs of the poor. Now, the President and Congress have told us, "Wait a second folks, there's a trillion we can play around with to bail out the Wall Street firms which have been bleeding you for years."

True, the Democrats are trying to tweak this corporate give-away. The Democrats, after all, are good at tweaking. But, we don't need an improvement on a plan hatched by the Bush Administration as a last grab for the rich - a grab which follows the trillions which have already gone to the rich in the way of tax breaks and the war in Iraq, a war which has shifted masses amount of taxpayer monies to arms manufacturers and unscrupulous military contractors.

Instead, now that we know there is a $1 trillion out there for the taking, we must insist that the needs of the working and middle class people in this country be taken care of, and taken care of now. The choice is stark - we can insist that this money go to solve basic human needs and benefit us as a society, or we can watch that money go to the rich bankers who got is into the mess we're in. And, if the latter course is taken, you can be guaranteed that there will be no money left over for social programs.

In reality there is no money for the taking, they are going to create it only compounding the root of the problem.