2007 escalade

mewhitey

It's truly amazing and pathetic at the same time how in a few short years the company who invented this niche has been completely left in the dust by the competition.

The Navigator is nothing but a gaudy chrome trim option on the Expedition. :nonono:

That's a bit of an overstatement don't you think? The new Navigator is hideous, but you won't get in a Navigator and confuse the interior for an Expedtion and vice-versa. The same thing can not be said about the 'slade and lesser versions such as the Tahoe. Don't get me wrong I hate the Navigator, it's ugly, garish, heavy, and slow.

That's a bit of an overstatement don't you think? The new Navigator is hideous, but you won't get in a Navigator and confuse the interior for an Expedtion and vice-versa. The same thing can not be said about the 'slade and lesser versions such as the Tahoe. Don't get me wrong I hate the Navigator, it's ugly, garish, heavy, and slow.

Furthermore, they canned the 4V engine . . . which was probably the only real reason for this sled to be of interest . . . as a source for 4V 5.4 cores (too bad you had to GUT THEM to replace the weak-sister hypereutectic pistons and powdered metal, cracked cap rods before you could hang on some MAJOR FORCED INDUCTION!)

Actually, the Navigator (the old ones with the 4V--not the decontented 3V one) is about the only Lincoln (other than the dearly departed LS) that was worth looking at . . . now if you could get a 4V or an '03-'04 Cobra engine in a Town Car . . . .

• 2 weeks later...