sales policy

with dealers having so many shelby 500's in their lots maybe it is time for the company to think about selling them on the axz plan,seems like the dealers would rather eat the cars than discount them,to be honest with you i don't think they should hold back anything they sell from at least the employe's discount.it might not amount to many cars but in these times every unit helps

Edited by jjkjrii

with dealers having so many shelby 500's in their lots maybe it is time for the company to think about selling them on the axz plan,seems like the dealers would rather eat the cars than discount them,to be honest with you i don't think they should hold back anything they sell from at least the employe's discount.it might not amount to many cars but in these times every unit helps

Ford doesn't sell vehicles on AXZ plans, the dealer does. And if the dealer won't sell them at a reasonable price now making them AXZ eligible won't change that. It's still up to the dealer who they sell to and at what price.

Dealers, however, are not obliged to sell any vehicle on A/Z.

Exactly. Ford can deny a A/X/Z plan sale on any vehicle by making it ineligible, but Ford cannot force a dealer to sell a vehicle on A/X/Z plan. So a dealer who is selling vehicles at or near MSRP would be taking a huge profit cut by selling on X plan - even more on A or Z plan. So making it A/Z/X plan eligible won't help anyway.

I can't think of any product outside of a KR that I wouldn't sell on a plan right now. What exactly is selling at MSRP?

Check the original post claiming that GT500s were sitting on the lot because the dealer wasn't willing to discount them to move them out, and he/she thought the answer to that was to make them A/X/Z eligible.

My point was if they weren't willing to discount them then they wouldn't accept a plan sale, either.

there is no A plan on the Shelbys....pulled an invoice, Aplan, Z, D and Xplan boxes all blank.........even if there was an A plan price of say around 43900, Ford re-imbures approx 6.5% to the dealer on that price....wich means about 2850 in profit on a car that windows for 48000....as a dealer I would pass.....at window ( which i would beleive would probably be passable, there is about $4200 plus holdback of course...THAT figure is a LOT more acceptable on a car we get 3 or 4 of a YEAR.....

there is no A plan on the Shelbys....pulled an invoice, Aplan, Z, D and Xplan boxes all blank.........even if there was an A plan price of say around 43900, Ford re-imbures approx 6.5% to the dealer on that price....wich means about 2850 in profit on a car that windows for 48000....as a dealer I would pass.....at window ( which i would beleive would probably be passable, there is about $4200 plus holdback of course...THAT figure is a LOT more acceptable on a car we get 3 or 4 of a YEAR.....

Perfect answer Dean. I agree wholeheartedly.

+1.9

Maybe it's just Canada, there's a notice on the board from Labour Relations that the Shelby is eligible for APlan. Not saying that a dealer will sell it for that, but it's not Ford itself that is the stumbling block.

sorry, I was specifically referring to the GT500.....all the posey REGULAR Shelbys ARE eligible....