Kudos to Jim Cramer

napbob

IF UR NOT AN EMPLOYEE why oh why do you feel free to add ur opinions/remarks

most of which is hearsay as you casually admitted to AN EMPLOYEE FORUM??.....

IF you live in midwest you had better hope US auto industry thrives or will drag

all dwn economically especially in those areas as we've started to already see...

Full disclosure: I am not an autoworker, or in an auto-related profession, so my info is limited to what I can read in the news.

Now, I am not in favor of CEO bonuses for poor performance anymore than I am for paying someone to sit in a room (with benefits).

You say the problem has been resolved. Here is what I see:

GM to cut up to 700 local jobs (Lansing State Journal)

Here's another:

Fenton, Mo., plant rolls out its last minivan (Chicago Tribune)

I've got a LOT more if you want. Is a 2-year limit resolving the problem? So we want Joe Taxpayer paying someone (anyone?) to sit? I'm finding that just as hard to swallow as paying a CEO millions.

Should We Really Bail Out $73.20 Per Hour Labor?

wages.bmp2008115815small.jpg

Whether you bailout the Big 3, and pay one man $25,000,000 or you pay 1,000 workers $25,000, the money is exactly the same to me, Joe Taxpayer.

The only difference is one is "spreading the wealth" (MY wealth) to a different number of people for not doing anything.

I'm not trying to beat up on the guys doing the work, but unfortunately it's reality that's weighing them down, not me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see mad money tonight? Cramer took up for the autoworkers. He said wall street guys making more in a day than an autoworker makes in a year are complaining about the uaw causing the big 3 to go broke. He refered to people making 70 million a year that are capable of moving paper from one desk to another but can they make a fender or put in a transmission. Good to hear somebody take up for us.

If this is Bob A. from NAP and former union rep... heard u carried ur arse

bk to VA from Dearborn...couldnt hang w/ goin bk to line work or was it ur

ex wife? :reading:

I dont think they know that Wixom had KD spot welding full body sides til 2001, or that the Mark or the T-bird was spot welded mostly by hand. The LS had much more automation in body than the other car lines we ran. The Continental Braze booth, oh yeah that had great ventilation, only when in the space suit. Remember when it cought on fire, that was crazy. They never put money into Wixom body cuz it was paid for and they made money on it the way it was. Running 62 cars an hour on KD, really 124 bodysides it what it was, ahh the good old days. Some will never get it, unless you have walked the walk of the line, there is no place to judge.

Good I am officially correct in judging since I have worked the respot 2 line ( last spot job before complete automation) as well as worked several jobs on the KD line. I do however remember it being taken out during the Christmas break of 02 and all new when we came back in 03(no big deal though).I will add the middle Continental wheel house C gun dropped on me (luckily it did not hit me), because a balancer wire broke.

The worst jobs their I would say where those people in the LS Braze booth that was a huge patch ,luckily I was in the Continental booth before heading over to the LWB :happy feet:

Ahhh the memories

Good I am officially correct in judging since I have worked the respot 2 line ( last spot job before complete automation) as well as worked several jobs on the KD line. I do however remember it being taken out during the Christmas break of 02 and all new when we came back in 03(no big deal though).I will add the middle Continental wheel house C gun dropped on me (luckily it did not hit me), because a balancer wire broke.

The worst jobs their I would say where those people in the LS Braze booth that was a huge patch ,luckily I was in the Continental booth before heading over to the LWB :happy feet:

Ahhh the memories

Ahh yes, were you in the Contiunental Booth at Launch, I do believe we worked together. Hey do you ever see or talk to Roger from LS booth? I hope he is well. You worked KD when Johnny B was there and Domingo, Mark Conley rest his sole, Ralph, Joe and MIke?

I remember when that fell. Yes the memories. I wonder how crazy Freddie is from underbody. Yes all the KD automations went to segments in 03, ahh lovely segments and Robin playing Peter Frampton over and over. I worked segments for a long time. We know each other I do believe.

Ahh yes, were you in the Contiunental Booth at Launch, I do believe we worked together. Hey do you ever see or talk to Roger from LS booth? I hope he is well. You worked KD when Johnny B was there and Domingo, Mark Conley rest his sole, Ralph, Joe and MIke?

I remember when that fell. Yes the memories. I wonder how crazy Freddie is from under body. Yes all the KD automations went to segments in 03, ahh lovely segments and Robin playing Peter Frampton over and over. I worked segments for a long time. We know each other I do believe.

Roger is on days in the body shop as is tall Rob that use to put the roofs on. I still talk to JB from time to time saw him the month I was at Engine. Domingo is a name I have not heard in a long time you know where he went ? I actually use to do his job on the KD line worked right across from JB and forget the other guys name that went to skilled trades. I was not in the braze booth until about 4 months before the LWB started, when that started I went there for the launch of that. I had long hair back then, lived with Mike and Ronnie for about 5 years if that tells ya who I am :happy feet:

Joe I believe took the buy out as did his wife a year or so ago she worked in final at DTP when we all got booted from T-Bird under body when they still where running afternoons in that area.

Ya forgot Big C that crazy fucker I still see him at DTP as well he is on afternoons. What about Wheeler hehe ahh we could go on for hours, but I better stop now before the thread Nazi's get mad we high jacked their thread.

Edited by lquidspine

IF UR NOT AN EMPLOYEE why oh why do you feel free to add ur opinions/remarks

most of which is hearsay as you casually admitted to AN EMPLOYEE FORUM??.....

IF you live in midwest you had better hope US auto industry thrives or will drag

all dwn economically especially in those areas as we've started to already see...

Take home pay for a Canadian auto worker after deductions averages around $1050 for a 40 hour week. In the States, it is probably comparable. It is good, but not "fantastic". Lots of people make more. Oil and steel are two examples. I worked in steel, and it is much easier than the auto assembly line.

• 2 weeks later...

Not every worker stays long enough to qualify for retirement benefits. The company gets a free ride there. How much are benefits per month? Let's exaggerate and say $2000. How long does a person live after he retires? Say 20 years. The total cost would be $480,000. If he works for 30 years, then the cost would be $16,000 per year. If he works 2000 hours, then he will build approximately 125 cars per year (1/2 car per shift). The cost per car would be 16000/125, which equals $128 per car.

Edited by Trimdingman

Just to clear something up, I was a designer, not management. I busted my ass 12 years before I had the money to even go to school. I know what's it's like. You have to understand that as a designer, there is nothing worse than having penny-pinchers ruin your work. There was a general resentment among my team for the blue collar workers. We felt that their wages were a huge factor in the destruction of our ideas. It wasn't justified, but that's how we felt.

That's funny, I've been designing Ford IP's for over 20 years. I've never "busted my ass", because I enjoy my work. For that matter, how can sitting in a chair pushing a mouse around possibly be construed as "busting your ass"? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like working on an assembly line much. I know my dad didn't last a year on the line because of the monotony and physical demands. Also, you must have spent a lot of time jawing about UAW guys at work. I, and the group I work with are kind of busy WORKING, where did you find the time to draw your retarded UAW conclusions? Were you producing designs or did you think your job was to form philosophies about what causes "the destruction of your ideas"? Maybe your ideas just sucked. You sound like a bitter jerk off.

Toyota keeps its workers on the payroll and they are praised for it? What the fu

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/the-inside-job...ff-workers.html

I have absolutely no problem with the guy making a fender or putting in a transmission......BUT

How many UAW members are being paid 95% of normal salary (plus benefits) as part of the "Jobs Bank"? 1n 2005, there were 12,000 people part of this, and there is no current source of how many are there, but I'd bet its more. I know this is still happening, but the Big 3 and UAW is very quiet (understandibly) about the actual data.

BTW, here is the evidence that in 2005, there were 12,000.

Until this problem is resolved, I see no reason that tax money should support this scheme, and I agree with Versa-Tech on this. Either cut this overbearing Union mentality, or be willing to lose everything with it.