Shouldn't Volvo be using Carlite/Motorcraft parts and glass?

I was wondering why this hasn't been done already.

Wouldn't this help with costs, as well as help to bring vehicle prices down to a more competitive level? It would also make things more organized and provide customers with a more structured and cheaper source of replacement parts.

I think this would also be a good idea for Mazda as well.

Some parts commmonality would help, but there's only so much advantage to common parts when you have to ship them across the globe to install them. I'm sure there are plenty of instances where using regional suppliers for Volvo is much smarter financially. Remember, no Volvos are assembled in the US.

Some parts commmonality would help, but there's only so much advantage to common parts when you have to ship them across the globe to install them. I'm sure there are plenty of instances where using regional suppliers for Volvo is much smarter financially. Remember, no Volvos are assembled in the US.

I'm not sure about Carlite, but don't they sell Motorcraft parts and accessories in Europe? Also, Ford is planning to bring their European models and build them in the US factories, right? They are obviously going to be using Motorcraft parts when sold and repaired here. Due to the technological and parts similarities of the Volvo models and their European Ford brethren, wouldn't they still benefit from the US Motorcraft channel in this case?

I'm not sure about Carlite, but don't they sell Motorcraft parts and accessories in Europe? Also, Ford is planning to bring their European models and build them in the US factories, right? They are obviously going to be using Motorcraft parts when sold and repaired here. Due to the technological and parts similarities of the Volvo models and their European Ford brethren, wouldn't they still benefit from the US Motorcraft channel in this case?

To a point, and I'm sure they will work toward more parts commonality on future models. It's not something that can be done overnight though.