Something else to ponder

No. All the southern state senators & governors banking on Detroit's failure opinion doesn't matter -- Because they're hosting foreign owned automobile corporations for money that would obviously mean more dollar bills courtesy of their alliance. Opinions don't matter when backed by propaganda and misinformation, at least in my eyes it doesn't - Maybe you like being told what to do by ignorant fools, but not me.

Maybe you should learn the meaning of democracy because your opinion became pointless the moment you cast your ballot for the people you chose to represent you - They don't consult our opinions when the decision making comes around, or else everyone could be senator and no one could be senator all at once. Theres only a democracy were opinions matter every 2-4 years and not a moment sooner :hysterical:

Well, you might want to look up what a democracy is yourself - what I said is correct: In a democracy, every voice always counts equally. In a representative democracy, which is what we have, your voice matters when you vote, and whenever you can scare your representatives into worrying about whether they'll be re-elected. That's when every voice will be listened to: no matter how stupid it is, if there's a large majority on one side of an issue, a representative who's not looking to retire changes their vote.

And these representatives from states dominated by foreign manufacturers? Well, they might find that the Toyota employees in their district ain't voting for them next year, if they bail out the domestics.

But it was largely meant to be sarcasm directed at those voicing uninformed opinions of the Big 3. (That's another word you might want to look up -- sarcasm).

Edited by Noah Harbinger

Reading and math comprehension? :hysterical: ..Ford donated $1mln each to the Red Cross and salvation army foundations + employee dollar/dollar match

Honda donated $1.5mln to both Red Cross and Salvation army with no program afterwards

Toy donated a million to the Red Cross only with a program to match deal.

Volkswagen matched Ford in total donations

Chrysler pledged the most with $10mln

Well... that's what happens when you're not paying close attention.

That's what happens when you look for what you want to see -- in this case, only because I absolutely abhor people who send around chain letters that are cut from whole cloth. I'm glad Ford stepped up with the donations.

Though the point still stands that foreign auto companies did make large donations.... meaning we can still whack urban-legend-spreading-emailers over the head with a truth stick.

I didn't know that was sarcasm, my apologies :-)

Well... that's what happens when you're not paying close attention.

That's what happens when you look for what you want to see -- in this case, only because I absolutely abhor people who send around chain letters that are cut from whole cloth. I'm glad Ford stepped up with the donations.

Though the point still stands that foreign auto companies did make large donations.... meaning we can still whack urban-legend-spreading-emailers over the head with a truth stick.

Fine by me, though I thought you were criticizing the domestics for not showing enough patriotism in comparison to the foreign companies -- And in that case, I'm not sure why this article was posted if it was to make the foreign automakers look bad/domestics look better.